Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Puppy Dog Thread.

The Puppy Dog Thread.

Old Aug 1st 2020, 11:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.

Originally Posted by Nutmegger View Post
They do love popcorn! Looks like date night, doesn't it?!
it does...such a lovely pic.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 1:26 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I spent a few hours yesterday with Bogar the Hungarian dog, and he wanted up to watch war documentaries with me for awhile.

I think you misinterpret the activity.

This looks to me to be a known canine activity, whereby, after checking what it is that is drawing your attention, the second look can be subtitled "Why are you doing this rather than paying more attention to me?"

This last is often combined with activites to regain control (my parent's dachshund would invariably lick my father's glasses to ensure he couldn't ignore the message).
Old Aug 1st 2020, 1:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I think you misinterpret the activity.
This looks to me to be a known canine activity
When he wants up on your lap or to sit in his nest in the office window, he pretends to try to climb up on you (no way he ever could). I didn't want to put him in the window just then, and he was content to sit and watch the screen with me for about half an hour. He isn't an attention seeking dog, except if you start throwing his rope toy, then he will sometimes engage in a mild game of fetch. I'm staying with him a few hours a day while his owner goes to visit her dad in the hospital, because she has no A/C and Bogar (old diabetic wreck who had 24 teeth out last month) has been suffering in the heat.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Here is Dani, after a 4 mile run around a lake just last Sunday morning. We have to be out and running by 6am to make sure it's not too hot for her!

Benji at the dog park this week. He goes most mornings with his big sister, and they play chase most of the time. I say play chase, it's more of him trying to keep up with his big sister but failing!

Here they both are, fast asleep after doing 3 miles each yesterday with me! Yes, he is now cleared to run by our vet!

Old Aug 1st 2020, 9:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste View Post
Here is Dani, after a 4 mile run around a lake just last Sunday morning. We have to be out and running by 6am to make sure it's not too hot for her!

Benji at the dog park this week. He goes most mornings with his big sister, and they play chase most of the time. I say play chase, it's more of him trying to keep up with his big sister but failing!

Here they both are, fast asleep after doing 3 miles each yesterday with me! Yes, he is now cleared to run by our vet!
What pretty dogs.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 9:45 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What pretty dogs.

They are! I love the picture of them sleeping together -- one of mine is also a back-of-the-couch sleeper. When we needed a new couch a year ago the priority was to find one where he would fit comfortably on the back, but he wouldn't scrunch all the cushions down!
Old Aug 1st 2020, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What pretty dogs.
Thank you so much! We think so too, but obviously parent bias!

They are! I love the picture of them sleeping together -- one of mine is also a back-of-the-couch sleeper. When we needed a new couch a year ago the priority was to find one where he would fit comfortably on the back, but he wouldn't scrunch all the cushions down!
That's my favourite too - Benji is mirroring his big sister. If you look closely, you'll see the AC is right behind him. That's why he loves it up there - it's super cool for him, especially in this summer heat we are having!
Old Aug 1st 2020, 11:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

yes, I do too. Lovely pic and 2 lovely dogs.

Many years ago we had 3 Cavalier Spaniels and a Doberman. The oldest Cav was the boss. She put the Dobe in her place when Doby was around 9 months old and tried to commandeer prime spot in front of the fire. Sometimes when we were in bed we could hear them playing downstairs. Suddenly the old Cav would let out one bark...as if to say ‘enough...go to sleep’...everything went quiet. When they went to sleep the Dobe would get in the basket first...the Cavs would lay on top of her. Happy days.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

You guys just reminded me, I found Benji catching 40 winks on THE WINDOW SILL a few weeks back. He is definitely part cat or has mixed personality disorder and thinks he is a cat...
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 12:21 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

You guys just reminded me, I found Benji catching 40 winks on THE WINDOW SILL a few weeks back. He is definitely part cat or has mixed personality disorder and thinks he is a cat...
Perhaps he should meet Péuga, our cat - he seems sure he is a dog, joins the girls when they go for a walk and appears confused when they reject his advances.....
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Perhaps he should meet Péuga, our cat - he seems sure he is a dog, joins the girls when they go for a walk and appears confused when they reject his advances.....
They may well be a great match not realising the other is a different species... Benji likes to chase after flirt sticks and stalks laser beams....
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 2:08 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

That's my favourite too - Benji is mirroring his big sister. If you look closely, you'll see the AC is right behind him. That's why he loves it up there - it's super cool for him, especially in this summer heat we are having!
That makes sense! Nothing to gain but being elevated above his brother and sister for our guy. This is on the old couch, with the cushions along the back totally destroyed by him climbing up all the time.

Old Aug 2nd 2020, 8:24 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of new pics!

Love this thread.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That makes sense! Nothing to gain but being elevated above his brother and sister for our guy. This is on the old couch, with the cushions along the back totally destroyed by him climbing up all the time.

what a family...gorgeous.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.

I think this is the only dog i would get

Last edited by el collado kid; Aug 4th 2020 at 8:37 am. Reason: got it wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.