Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Puppy Dog Thread.

The Puppy Dog Thread.

Old Nov 29th 2017, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Puppy Dog Thread.

Here is Dani a few weeks ago at a halloween dog party at her dog park. She was dunking for hot dogs, and this was her face after her first ever taste of a hot dog... I think she loves them!

And yes, that's me in the background in shorts at the beginning of November in St Louis (weather was in the 70s still, so we ran the 2.5 mile down to the dog park to tire her out in advance for the party, didn't work!)
Attached Thumbnails The Puppy Dog Thread.-img_2674.jpg  
Old Nov 29th 2017, 2:30 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste View Post
Never heard of that breed before, but sounds very cool and smart!

That sucks that she had a hard life early on, but it's great that having a canine sibling is helping her out a lot I'm surprised it worked out so well, as female dogs living together often causes big issues!
When Lucy was abandoned, literally in front of our gate, my wife jumped in the car and raced after her & the car that dumped her. She couldn't catch the car, but she got the dog! The idea was to take her the next day to a kennel we work with..... but that never happened....

I called her "Lucy" because I thought she wasn't "Lucky", but I've changed my mind now (but the name stuck!) I too was concerned that Honey wouldn't accept her, but no problem - they are rarely apart.

The kennel we work with is a charity near Ourique that collects abandoned dogs from a 2500 sqKm area. None are killed, they are either adopted within Portugal, sent for adoption to Sweden or Germany or they stay at the kennel. Conditions aren't perfect, but when you consider the alternative...... they get shelter, food, vet treatment if required and exercise - the only problem is that there are too many to give each one the love they deserve.
The Puppy Dog Thread.-20160904_075314.jpgThe Puppy Dog Thread.-20160904_100700.jpg
Old Nov 29th 2017, 2:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Attachment 129050
She's a Podengo pequeno, clever and robust. She runs like a greyhound, jumps like a rabbit and is as smart as a bee - when she's not asleep! Sadly, she seems to have had a hard life early on, so won't chase a ball or a stick and rarely plays. But the arrival of her "sister" a year ago turned things around and they are now inseparable. The change is beautiful to see.
Lovely beasts. Clearly happy now.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 3:30 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I think she loves them!
I think you are right.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 3:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
I think you are right.
How's Emily doing?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 4:37 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
How's Emily doing?

She is doing ok, pretty much.

She still has something going on with her throat/swallowing, but it's better than it was so we are hoping time will sort it out. The only way to find out what it really is would to knock her out and scope her, which could make it worse and that's what caused this mess to begin with.

Even if she never gets 100% back to her old self, she is doing "ok" we think. She can eat now unaided and also drink (though that makes her cough sometimes).

She got weighed last night and has finally turned the corner on that as she has put on two pounds. More to go, but its a start.

She is happy, so that's the main thing and she can chase her ball again.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 4:40 pm

Old Nov 29th 2017, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are right.
Only problem now, is she now sniffs out hotdogs as she knows she loves them. That is gonna cause issues in Chicago whenever we go!

She still has something going on with her throat/swallowing, but it's better than it was so we are hoping time will sort it out. The only way to find out what it really is would to knock her out and scope her, which could make it worse and that's what caused this mess to begin with.

Even if she never gets 100% back to her old self, she is doing "ok" we think. She can eat now unaided and also drink (though that makes her cough sometimes).

She got weighed last night and has finally turned the corner on that as she has put on two pounds. More to go, but its a start.

I am so glad to hear Emily is coming along, and is doing much better and has gained some weight. As you said, even if she doesn't get back to her old self, she's still making progress and is better than before, and that's all that matters!
Old Nov 29th 2017, 6:33 pm

She's looking pretty happy, and time will probably help further. I'm sure she'll get back to her old self - she's a young, strong dog.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:12 am

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I've posted this one before in the Canada forums, but couldn't resist adding it to the mix here!

This is Abbey, from last Christmas..

Attached Thumbnails The Puppy Dog Thread.-abbey-christmas-hat-small.jpg  
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
I've posted this one before in the Canada forums, but couldn't resist adding it to the mix here!

Hello Abbey! She's very cute. How old is she?
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post

Great pic.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 2:57 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Abbey! She's very cute. How old is she?
Thank you, I think so too (but I am a little biased, lol). She's a cockapoo and is 5 years old, has the sweetest disposition and never leaves my side.

Great pic.
Thanks!

Old Dec 3rd 2017, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Here is Dani a few weeks ago at a halloween dog party at her dog park. She was dunking for hot dogs, and this was her face after her first ever taste of a hot dog... I think she loves them!

And yes, that's me in the background in shorts at the beginning of November in St Louis (weather was in the 70s still, so we ran the 2.5 mile down to the dog park to tire her out in advance for the party, didn't work!)
Nice legs! I mean the dogs of course...
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=macliam;12390983]Attachment 129049
This is Honey, on the day that she adopted us.

She looks very sweet.Lucky little dog to have found you.

.I agree about abandoning dogs. It's a big thing in Portugal. We see them every day ,it breaks my heart.
My YD's (horrible) ex BF was a weird mix. He took in a couple of his pathetic neighbours ill treated dogs,including one that my YD really bonded with Especially after it was viciously attacked by a neighbours dog who had slipped its chain.She nursed it back to health ,with little help from the BF. When they split she wanted to keep the dog,but out of sheer nastiness he wouldn't let her.

It is often found wandering in the village he now lives part time in. What is it with some people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.