British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   The Puppy Dog Thread. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/puppy-dog-thread-902676/)

Lion in Winter Jul 20th 2021 4:30 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 13031285)



He's not really the shy, retiring type, is he.

Nutek Jul 20th 2021 4:37 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 13031342)
He's not really the shy, retiring type, is he.

He's pretty enthusiastic about stuff. :)

big wheels Aug 4th 2021 1:13 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
Dylan steals cat's toy while visiting and gets his face slapped :rofl:


Lion in Winter Aug 4th 2021 1:14 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by big wheels (Post 13036949)



World's most annoying toy? :lol:

Jerseygirl Aug 5th 2021 12:10 am

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...56452699a.jpeg



Nutmegger Aug 5th 2021 6:50 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
Kolya and Layla taking a quiet moment to remember their big brother, Sasha.


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...f5e3238764.jpg

macliam Aug 7th 2021 10:26 am

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...7914ce17d4.jpg
Really? 34C and still 5km from home!!
​​​​

caretaker Aug 8th 2021 10:14 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Egyptian / Phoenician Glass Dog Head Bead - 6th-4th Century BC


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...5b09d53200.png

Jerseygirl Aug 8th 2021 10:29 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 13037512)
Kolya and Layla taking a quiet moment to remember their big brother, Sasha.

😢

macliam Aug 9th 2021 12:54 am

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 13038495)

Egyptian / Phoenician Glass Dog Head Bead - 6th-4th Century BC


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...5b09d53200.png

I didn't realise they had blue dogs back then......

Nutek Aug 9th 2021 12:00 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...15a51d705a.png

macliam Aug 9th 2021 12:15 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 13038616)

OK, what did you do to upset him? :huh:

Nutek Aug 9th 2021 12:42 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 13038623)
OK, what did you do to upset him? :huh:

That's his thoughtful look. ;)

Lion in Winter Aug 9th 2021 12:51 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 13038632)
That's his thoughtful look. ;)


You wouldn't be able tip that dog over, would you.

Nutek Aug 9th 2021 1:10 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 13038637)
You wouldn't be able tip that dog over, would you.

He is quite sturdy. :)

Lion in Winter Aug 9th 2021 1:16 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 13038650)
He is quite sturdy. :)


Good to hang onto in a high wind.

excpomea Aug 9th 2021 1:23 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
Sunday breakfast in bed usually results in this boy sitting very attentively on the side of the bed.
Hi Sister is on the other side hoping for a piece of bacon.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...09a6636002.jpg
Finn,

caretaker Aug 9th 2021 1:36 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 13038514)
I didn't realise they had blue dogs back then......

It must be a recessive gene. Most Egyptian dogs I can find pics of are built like Greyhounds, but brown like most wild dogs. No pics of blue merle Egyptians, though Anubis the God of Death looks fairly blue-black to me without glasses. I've seen blue merle Collies and Shepherds and Blue Heelers and there are pics of merle Greyhounds, but for all their art on walls, the ancient Egyptians didn't paint pictures of a blue dog. Just that one exquisite bead....
Not until I was 4 years old was one to return, in the form of Huckleberry Hound.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...212f000954.jpg


Lion in Winter Aug 9th 2021 1:50 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by excpomea (Post 13038657)
Sunday breakfast in bed usually results in this boy sitting very attentively on the side of the bed.
Hi Sister is on the other side hoping for a piece of bacon.



Finn,


Lovely beast, but your carpet must be thoroughly bacon-scented by now.

I suppose there are worse things.

macliam Aug 9th 2021 1:53 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by excpomea (Post 13038657)
Sunday breakfast in bed usually results in this boy sitting very attentively on the side of the bed.
Hi Sister is on the other side hoping for a piece of bacon.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...09a6636002.jpg
Finn,

I know that look.......... "you have food that should be mine"

macliam Aug 9th 2021 1:56 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 13038662)
It's a recessive gene.

Ah, yes
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...23c2ecaa75.jpg

Jsmth321 Aug 26th 2021 2:08 am

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
Charlee went to the vet today for her vaccines, she gained 1kg since her last visit, so she is on a diet now, its my fault, I should have adjusted the amount of food to account for her now being middle aged, her little grey hairs are starting to show up, mostly on her muzzle, but she has a small patch on her thigh.

Average life span for the breed is 12-14 years so hopefully she will be around for another 5-7 years.

Time flies though, seems like yesterday we got her.

macliam Aug 26th 2021 2:39 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 13044501)
Charlee went to the vet today for her vaccines, she gained 1kg since her last visit, so she is on a diet now, its my fault, I should have adjusted the amount of food to account for her now being middle aged, her little grey hairs are starting to show up, mostly on her muzzle, but she has a small patch on her thigh.

Average life span for the breed is 12-14 years so hopefully she will be around for another 5-7 years.

Time flies though, seems like yesterday we got her.

Yeah, don't I know it - Honey has changed colour (now more ginger than honey) and her snout is turning white.

Having been an abandoned dog, it's hard to know her true age, but we will have had her 7 years come December

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...ecb2daafa9.jpg
But she's still as lovely as the day I first saw her circling our land....... :wub:



Nutek Aug 26th 2021 2:49 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 13044647)
Yeah, don't I know it - Honey has changed colour (now more ginger than honey) and her snout is turning white.

Having been an abandoned dog, it's hard to know her true age, but we will have had her 7 years come December

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...ecb2daafa9.jpg
But she's still as lovely as the day I first saw her circling our land....... :wub:

Such a lovely face. :)

Lion in Winter Aug 26th 2021 9:26 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 13044647)
Yeah, don't I know it - Honey has changed colour (now more ginger than honey) and her snout is turning white.

Having been an abandoned dog, it's hard to know her true age, but we will have had her 7 years come December


But she's still as lovely as the day I first saw her circling our land....... :wub:


She's lovely. Oozing doggy character.

macliam Aug 26th 2021 9:36 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 13044767)
She's lovely. Oozing doggy character.

Podengos have that "look"..... and they're as smart as a wagon-load of monkeys.

She's my girl, so excuse my bias..................

caretaker Aug 27th 2021 1:39 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 
Raffi next door is living in the city, but still a rez dog at heart. He's a bit stand-offish, which is what you want when kids can reach over the fence. Sometimes he gets into my yard through a hole in the fence when chasing squirrels, but always goes back right away. I think he's a very cool dog.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...7e105af0c3.jpg

Nutek Aug 27th 2021 1:43 pm

Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.
 

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 13045009)

He also thinks he is a very cool dog. :)



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.