Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Presidental "Debates"

The Presidental "Debates"

Old Oct 7th 2012, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Presidental "Debates"

President Bartlett advises President Obama.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Pretty good.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Yup - enjoyed that.

I can see the tv and media ads now...

"Romney - either a liar or a man that can't count."

I look dream now of Obama doing what Bartlett did in his final debate - blows the other guy out of the room, and then all his people leave, and let the performance spin itself...

Because for all Obama's faults, there is now 90 minutes of very recent video tape in which Romney lies, has a problem with the concept of 'half' and other basic maths, and rides rough shod over the weak (Lehrer).

(Reminds me if the time before Cameron was Prime Minister, Tony zblair was still the PM, and it was either Cameron or William Hague photographed wearing cuff links that read 'BLIAR'!)

And if Obama doesn't use any of that to skewer Romney to the minor footnotes of history, then he doesn't deserve to win.

Given the slating Lehrer got, do you think the other 2 moderators will actually, you know, moderate? How would it look for Romney to get a wrist slap by the moderator, not Obama, for lying?

Last edited by HarryTheSpider; Oct 7th 2012 at 2:02 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

I have no interest in who wins because both will reduce the US to a second rate nation even more, in one way or another.
Attached Thumbnails The Presidental "Debates"-bush.jpg  
Old Oct 7th 2012, 6:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte View Post
I have no interest in who wins because both will reduce the US to a second rate nation even more, in one way or another.
I am ashamed to say for the first time I feel the same way.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 6:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte View Post
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I am ashamed to say for the first time I feel the same way.
Good!

Get signing! http://unitedrepublic.org/

We envision a nation:

Where the will and concerns of the people aren’t drowned out by the financial influence of the few.

Where politicians devote more time to their constituents than to their fund raising.

Where political decisions are made on principle, without the distorting effect of lobbyists.

Where individual citizens have access to clear information about their leaders and are empowered to end the imbalance of power in Washington and our state capitals.

We believe this vision is achievable and central to the success of the republic.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post

Where politicians devote more time to their constituents than to their fund raising.
For me, this is the fundamental problem with US politics. There's far to much effort put into raising money rather than helping constituents. Pretty much every local politics story where I am is about how much money each candidate raised. I made a facetious comment about why bother with the election - just declare the candidate with the most money the winner. Over 50 people thought it was a good idea.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cluedweasel View Post
For me, this is the fundamental problem with US politics. There's far to much effort put into raising money rather than helping constituents. Pretty much every local politics story where I am is about how much money each candidate raised. I made a facetious comment about why bother with the election - just declare the candidate with the most money the winner. Over 50 people thought it was a good idea.
That's scary!!
Old Oct 7th 2012, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

It is particularly galling for the House of Representatives because they only serve 2 years and start campaigning and fundraising for the next election the minute they are elected.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Add one more.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:12 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't just the money, the ground game counts for a great deal and the Dems organization is far ahead on that count.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Imagine... President Romney, negotiating with other foreign leaders... given his track record of flip flopping and lying... How can the foreign leader believe what Romney is saying? What store can he or she set by Romney's words vs track record? What will Romney have to do or give in order to establish some good will? What cost?

And somebody thinks this is a good way forward?
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Behind every successful man...............
Attached Thumbnails The Presidental "Debates"-barack.jpg  
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:39 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Looks like Obama is losing everyone. Chris Matthews, the Daily Show, The Daily Beast, The Guardian and the NY Times looking at the donation scandal that is supposed to hit this week have really come out strongly in the past week or so. But this BBC article on how he is basically George W Bush but with shiny, happy bullshit on top says a lot to me. In fact the entire premise of it is that the world was naive to place hopes in him because - as an American - he was bound to be a warmongering loon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19733883

Looks like he lost that crowd then.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Wow. Looks like Obama is losing everyone. Chris Matthews, the Daily Show, The Daily Beast, The Guardian and the NY Times looking at the donation scandal that is supposed to hit this week have really come out strongly in the past week or so. But this BBC article on how he is basically George W Bush but with shiny, happy bullshit on top says a lot to me. In fact the entire premise of it is that the world was naive to place hopes in him because - as an American - he was bound to be a warmongering loon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19733883

Looks like he lost that crowd then.
People who think that there is ever going to be real change in US domestic and Foreign policy when the party in the WH changes are supremely naieve. No American can ever be a viable candidate unless he/she gets the nod from the establishment. This is why someone like Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul will never ever come remotely close to being a real candidate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.