Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Presidental "Debates"

The Presidental "Debates"

Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Presidental "Debates"

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass View Post
whoops! forgot that little tidbit of knowledge!
An easy mistake to make.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:23 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny View Post
I was thinking maybe Mitt was going to throw the wealth of the entire Mormon church at the deficit.
Well they could provide magic underwear for everyone. It will help to keep you warm when you're out on the streets and in line at the soup kitchen.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

What is so frustrating is that there are really fundamental issues to be addressed.

How does any country deal with an aging population - globalization - climate issues - etc etc. Things everybody needs to be really working together on.

A country which cannot makes healthcare accessible for its whole population should hang its head in shame.

What a grotesque farce this is.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:35 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...money-politics

Read and weep.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely weeping. I'm far from an expert on politics and economic policies, and this explains quite a bit that happened back in the early 80s that I knew nothing about. What is the solution then, if no damn POTUS will address the real issues? And can the problems even be solved?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:18 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely weeping. I'm far from an expert on politics and economic policies, and this explains quite a bit that happened back in the early 80s that I knew nothing about. What is the solution then, if no damn POTUS will address the real issues? And can the problems even be solved?
http://getmoneyout.com/

This is only a step. There will still be the revolving door of bank officers serving in Treasury etc. but it's a step.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:41 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Revolution?

I'm trying to educate as many of my fellow citizens as I can, because I don't think either political party is going to be able to throw off the might of the multinational corporations (and banks), even if they wanted to. I think Obama wanted to - and then figured out real damn quick that he could only make things better, not fix them. What no president can tell you is how they will create jobs. There is absolutely no way that real, substantive jobs will be created without government intervention in training and R&D. And no corporation wants that. They want captive labour.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:42 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Seems Obama has told Romney to stop being a lying scumbag* and to start telling the truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19838719

*maybe paraphrased.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 8:03 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Revolution?

I'm trying to educate as many of my fellow citizens as I can, because I don't think either political party is going to be able to throw off the might of the multinational corporations (and banks), even if they wanted to. I think Obama wanted to - and then figured out real damn quick that he could only make things better, not fix them.
I don't believe this for one second. I really think he's just another opportunist with good marketing. This notion that he was post-political was absurd to my eyes. The fact that he crammed his cabinet with wall street bankers and Geithner at the Treasury pretty much marked his card here.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 8:08 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
I don't believe this for one second. I really think he's just another opportunist with good marketing. This notion that he was post-political was absurd to my eyes. The fact that he crammed his cabinet with wall street bankers and Geithner at the Treasury pretty much marked his card here.
Hey, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

So - Canada, or Revolution? It's 1776....
Old Oct 4th 2012, 8:59 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

So - Canada, or Revolution? It's 1776....
Ooooh can we have revolution!!!?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the RCP average for the polls late today and...so far they have not moved a lick. So far, it seems, Romney gained nothing from being a lying dick last night. Hope that continues.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:12 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Looking at the RCP average for the polls late today and...so far they have not moved a lick. So far, it seems, Romney gained nothing from being a lying dick last night. Hope that continues.
Far too early to make a difference in the polls, need to wait until next week before we'll see any difference there.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:13 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Ooooh can we have revolution!!!?
Time to take our country* back?

*Actually, just the 13 colonies will do for a start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.