Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II

Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II

Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:56 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutek's Funny Picture Thread...Part II

Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:57 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 28th 2016, 12:12 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

There's a puppy in the picture?
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:14 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm, my favourite scent.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:19 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

(Good Guy VHS)

That one about the previews rings true. Seems that so many DVDs (especially ones for kids) force you to sit through way too many things. That stupid FBI warning, endless production company idents, maybe a trailer or two, all while I'm sitting there pushing the 'disc menu' (or 'skip') button through to the other side of the remote only to get the 'action cannot be performed' notification. Pish.

The combination of smart TV or dongle thingy, Amazon Video and Netflix (possibly Hulu Plus too) is a winning one, IMO.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
(Good Guy VHS)

That one about the previews rings true. Seems that so many DVDs (especially ones for kids) force you to sit through way too many things. That stupid FBI warning, endless production company idents, maybe a trailer or two, all while I'm sitting there pushing the 'disc menu' (or 'skip') button through to the other side of the remote only to get the 'action cannot be performed' notification. Pish.

The combination of smart TV or dongle thingy, Amazon Video and Netflix (possibly Hulu Plus too) is a winning one, IMO.
The first thing I do when I want to watch a DVD is start the DVD, then the TV, then head off to the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, or wherever I need to do something for 10-15 minutes. In the worst case I might have to skip back to the start, but usually the DVD has reached the menu.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
[SILF shirt]
Mr BEVS?
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:00 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
The first thing I do when I want to watch a DVD is start the DVD, then the TV, then head off to the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, or wherever I need to do something for 10-15 minutes. In the worst case I might have to skip back to the start, but usually the DVD has reached the menu.
Yeah, the 'go for a slash and put the kettle on' factor is beneficial, but it's not so good when you have a whiny little girl who's just woken up and wants to watch a DVD at 3 in the morning and your sat there waiting for it to start so you can go back to bed
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
I was going to label it with that.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:08 pm

Yeah, the 'go for a slash and put the kettle on' factor is beneficial, but it's not so good when you have a whiny little girl who's just woken up and wants to watch a DVD at 3 in the morning and your sat there waiting for it to start so you can go back to bed
My Peppa Pig doesn't have previews at the beginning.

Just a suggestion.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:29 pm
I have a comma problem

My Peppa Pig doesn't have previews at the beginning.

Just a suggestion.
That's great if she chooses to watch one of her Peppa Pigs. If she goes for something else, I can be stuck there for a while. Even the ones that let you skip scene or fast forward through those parts seem to still take aeons to get to the menu. Bloody things.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:31 pm

That's great if she chooses to watch one of her Peppa Pigs. If she goes for something else, I can be stuck there for a while. Even the ones that let you skip scene or fast forward through those parts seem to still take aeons to get to the menu. Bloody things.
You don't need a choice if you have Peppa Pig. (Mrs. N. got me some for xmas.. We've been watching them at work).
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:32 pm
I have a comma problem

You don't need a choice if you have Peppa Pig. (Mrs. N. got me some for xmas.. We've been watching them at work).
She goes through periods of watching the same show over and over, then she gets bored and switches to a new one. Peppa is probably due, but we'll see.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:33 pm

She goes through periods of watching the same show over and over, then she gets bored and switches to a new one. Peppa is probably due, but we'll see.
Try introducing her to Stingray or Land of The Giants.

You know... The Classics.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:38 pm
I have a comma problem

Try introducing her to Stingray or Land of The Giants.

You know... The Classics.
Red Dwarf. Six episodes ought to keep her busy. Plus I finally got around to buying X, which I am enjoying (and Back to Earth, which was OK but not great).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.