Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Nutek's Funny picture thread.

Nutek's Funny picture thread.

Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:17 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutek's Funny picture thread.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Or I could hold it in until I get back to the airport
Jam a corn husk up it.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:17 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Nuuuuttekkk! More pictures please!
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I hear if you drink the water in Mexico, you'll be visiting the bog a lot ...

But I suppose needs must and all that. Or I could hold it in until I get back to the airport
I never got ill once in Mexico in all the years that I was going there several times a year. You can drink from the tap in big cities, although the taste isn't the best because they do a lot to make sure everything is dead. Most people drink bottled, and even in the country people are very aware and if they can't afford bottled they boil drinking water. They also wash their fruit and vegetables in boiled water - things are a lot better, there have been many health campaigns.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:18 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

GIS containing "ass" and "corn" gives this.

Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:19 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
..... in Mexico in all the years that I was going there several times a year. ......
I am very impressed with your bowel control!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 29th 2015 at 2:24 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:21 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

... because they do a lot to make sure everything is dead.
If that's a reference to chlorination, they do that to the Lake Michigan water here too, probably not the same thing though. That being said, strangely enough, I like the mildly chlorinated water we get on the city water here. It kicks the shit out of the rotten egg fart smelling, iron tasting well water in our last house anyway

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

GIS containing "ass" and "corn" gives this.

http://www.nathanbeach.com/notebooks...sh/01_corn.jpg
"There's something wrong with this banana ..."
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
I am very impressed with your bowel control!
Just a matter of knowing where to eat - people's houses, or food that has just been killed and cooked (roadside stands in the country) and never in a restaurant where food is sitting around under lights.

Oh and don't eat unwashed fruit - fields are often watered with "aguas negras", ie untreated sewage.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:24 pm

If that's a reference to chlorination, they do that to the Lake Michigan water here too, probably not the same thing though. That being said, strangely enough, I like the mildly chlorinated water we get on the city water here. It kicks the shit out of the rotten egg fart smelling, iron tasting well water in our last house anyway
I seem to remember someone telling me they use iodine as well in Mexico. They certainly sell iodine tablets to use when washing fruit and veg.

Michigan water tastes ok in Chicago except in the summer, when algae start growing.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:24 pm

All this talk of drinking water *shudder* confuses me.

You do mean stuff with water IN it, like tea.. or beer... Not just the horrid, clear (hopefully), plain stuff. Right?
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
All this talk of drinking water *shudder* confuses me.

You do mean stuff with water IN it, like tea.. or beer... Not just the horrid, clear (hopefully), plain stuff. Right?
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:25 pm

food is sitting around under lights.
Cheesecake.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:34 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember someone telling me they use iodine as well in Mexico. They certainly sell iodine tablets to use when washing fruit and veg.

Michigan water tastes ok in Chicago except in the summer, when algae start growing.
Iodine, chlorine, makes sense. Chemically they are similar, due to them both being halogens. Iodine intake has an additional benefit of protecting against thyroid cancer in the event of release of Iodine-133 a nuclear meltdown, so good one for the Mexicans there I suppose ...
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:38 pm
L/R

Iodine, chlorine, makes sense. Chemically they are similar, due to them both being halogens. Iodine intake has an additional benefit of protecting against thyroid cancer in the event of release of Iodine-133 a nuclear meltdown, so good one for the Mexicans there I suppose ...
Iodine also prevents goitre which is rather more likely than thyroid cancer resulting from a release of Iodine-133 in a meltdown or explosion, which is why most salt sold for human consumption in the UK and the US has iodine added.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:41 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Iodine also prevents goitre which is rather more likely than thyroid cancer resulting from a release of Iodine-133 in a meltdown or explosion, which is why most salt sold for human consumption in the UK and the US has iodine added.
I know, but the nuclear meltdown scenario is more exciting, don't you think?

Tin foil hatters went nuts buying KI tablets after Fukushima went pop.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:51 pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.