Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Nutek's Funny picture thread.

Nutek's Funny picture thread.

Old Jan 26th 2015, 2:42 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutek's Funny picture thread.

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
No wonder he's a fat little ****er!
Oooh, bypassing the sweary filter! Feeling bold are we
Old Jan 26th 2015, 3:22 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Oooh, bypassing the sweary filter! Feeling bold are we
Old Jan 26th 2015, 5:00 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

I'd report it but I can't be f'ing arsed...
Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:25 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:36 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui View Post
(Clearing Snow in the most Ingenious Way)
I've often thought of getting one of those for the driveway
Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:50 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I've often thought of getting one of those for the driveway
I have a flame torch, of sorts, and it is useless for dealing with snow and ice. It simply makes no impression because the latent heat of fusion of ice is so great.

It is fueled by a 20lb propane tank, and is similar to this one:

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 26th 2015 at 6:53 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:52 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I have a flame torch, of sorts, and it is useless for dealing with snow and ice. It simply makes no impression because the latent heat of fusion of ice is so great.
You need one of these.

Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:59 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It is fueled by a 20lb propane tank, and is similar to this one:
http://www.woodbinefarms.co.uk/wp-co...-in-Gravel.jpg
I've seen those in use before. They might be shit at melting snow but they do get a good fire going of an evening

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
That's getting there.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:09 pm
L/R

I've seen those in use before. They might be shit at melting snow but they do get a good fire going of an evening. .....
Oh yeah!

Gone are the days of my youth when my father showed me how to build a garden fire with newspaper and dry leaves and twigs. Then we would carefully waft at and blow to nurture the flames, and lovingly build up the fire with dry branches. It was only an hour later before we could dump the green weeds and leafy branches on top.

Now I can just pile up whatever woody stuff needs to be burned, smaller and dry(ish) at the bottom, then fire up the "garden dragon", and Bob's your uncle! Unless it's actually raining, or my fire pile is almost entirely soggy leaves, the garden dragon will take care of it.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 26th 2015 at 7:12 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:14 pm
Doin' It Right

Oh yeah!

Gone are the days of my youth when my father showed me how to build a garden fire with newspaper and dry leaves and twigs. Then we would carefully waft at and blow to nurture the flames, and lovingly build up the fire with dry branches. It was only an hour later before we could dump the green weeds and leafy branches on top.

Now I can just pile up whatever woody stuff needs to be burned, smaller and dry(ish) at the bottom, then fire up the "garden dragon", and Bob's your uncle! Unless it's actually raining, or my fire pile is almost entirely soggy leaves, the garden dragon will take care of it.
I don't get own a 'garden dragon' of my own, though.

Our fire pit is quite small and our yard waste/dead leaf cleanup piles usually only amount to a few wheelbarrow loads, so I make do with dry tinder and gasoline
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:18 pm
L/R

I don't yet own a 'garden dragon' of my own, though.

Our fire pit is quite small and our yard waste/dead leaf cleanup piles usually only amount to a few wheelbarrow loads, so I make do with dry tinder and gasoline
Three acres of trees and my garden dragon is heavily used and arguably necessary.

I have felled four mature pines of 60-80ft in the past two months. I had been hoping to fell one a week throughout the winter, but I have fallen short of that goal.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 26th 2015 at 7:20 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:19 pm
Doin' It Right

Three acres of trees and my garden dragon is heavily used and arguably necessary.
Agreed.

We have a quarter acre
Old Jan 26th 2015, 8:01 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

We have a quarter acre
2200 Sq Mtrs and I have one of then dragon thingys other than the fun of setting stuff on fire it's pretty dull killing weeds with one and the neighbours expect to see a hot air ballon come up over the hedge Noisy
Old Jan 26th 2015, 8:02 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the story a Bulgarian friend told me about. Back in the Communist era at the airport when there was snow and ice and the runway needed to be cleared they had taken the jet engine out of an old MiG, stuck it on some wheels and angled it towards the ground. That seemed to do the job apparently.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Reminds me of the story a Bulgarian friend told me about. Back in the Communist era at the airport when there was snow and ice and the runway needed to be cleared they had taken the jet engine out of an old MiG, stuck it on some wheels and angled it towards the ground. That seemed to do the job apparently.
This looks like one of them - an ex MIG Klimov VK-1, a copy of the Rolls-Royce Nene.

Extended ground-runs on a pre-prod Concorde in snowy conditions - that too was an excellent snow clearer, especially at take-off thrust with reheat selected! And I wonder why today I suffer from slight tinnitus....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.