Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Movie Reviews

Movie Reviews

Old Dec 22nd 2014, 7:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movie Reviews

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
It seems the retaliation is happening now. North Korean internet is down. (or maybe they didnt put 50 pence in the meter)
The users will be devastated, all 5 of them.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Predators. Meant to be a kind of direct sequel to first Predator movie; I'm pretty sure they try to say that the creature from that movie is a
Spoiler:
much smaller ethnic branch of the predator sepcies, so is hunted by the bigger ones himself and appears to have been captured in this movie.
Basic plot is that the predators parachute various soldiers and crazy people onto a planet so they can hunt them. Pretty decent action flick, but not as good as the other two Predator films. Certainly a step above the movie with the Predalien hybrid (so memorable that I have forgotten the name of it after watching it only a few weeks ago) and Prometheus (thin on everything except special effects). Still need to see the one set in Antarctica, although given how the director disowned it I am not expecting much.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 6:30 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The Interview will get a Christmas screening
BBC News - The Interview: US cinemas to screen Sony film on Christmas Day
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seriously considering if this whole Sony hack was a publicity stunt. Think about it, what demographic is missing from cinemas around Christmas? Right-wing christians, whom we know love a good hollerin' about free speech will flock to this movie to stand up for 'murica, even though they're seeing a dumb comedy that none of them would ever think about seeing otherwise.

However, I may have just gone off the deep end. I may well be the next David Icke.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 10:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

'We still kill the old way'

Gangster caper based in London, 4 aging gangsters decide to take revenge when the brother of one is beaten to death.

We Still Kill the Old Way (2014) - IMDb

Good film, bit gory, but lots of funny moments.

7/10
Old Dec 24th 2014, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord PercyPercy View Post
I'm seriously considering if this whole Sony hack was a publicity stunt. Think about it, what demographic is missing from cinemas around Christmas? Right-wing christians, whom we know love a good hollerin' about free speech will flock to this movie to stand up for 'murica, even though they're seeing a dumb comedy that none of them would ever think about seeing otherwise.

However, I may have just gone off the deep end. I may well be the next David Icke.
I reckon it is.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 10:39 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
I reckon it is.
The whole thing cant be a publicity stunt, if it ever came out, there would be lots of law suits. Thie was a well promoted movie, so they were expecting a big pay off, art-house and streaming downloads will be no match for the AMCs of this world. Well its out now whoever wants to see it paid or not, can go and get it. It will be interesting to see how much it makes though.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
The whole thing cant be a publicity stunt, if it ever came out, there would be lots of law suits. Thie was a well promoted movie, so they were expecting a big pay off, art-house and streaming downloads will be no match for the AMCs of this world. Well its out now whoever wants to see it paid or not, can go and get it. It will be interesting to see how much it makes though.
Just doesn't ring true.
Old Dec 25th 2014, 6:47 am
Fair and balanced

I had planned to see The Interview from the trailer, at some time, probably not at the pictures anyway. It had its moments and there were a few laughs, but as expected, its low rent and silly, but enjoyable if you are in the right mood.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 9:54 pm
Fair and balanced

Hobbit 3; more of the same, if you saw the first two you are going to see this, if you didnt, you wont.

In to the Woods; not bad, trying to be the new Princess Bride, but lacking the lines and characters of that movie, I always though Sondheim to be over rated. Not bad, but not great.

My nine year old daughter got her hair cut today, a Cressida (the director character from Mokingjay) cut. It looks great.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:15 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Gone Girl
With his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent.

The GF wanted to see this one and I thought it was going to be another lame, American cheese ball movie. I was wrong. Had a decent twist and ending.

A pretty good movie overall

8/10
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13 View Post
Gone Girl
With his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent.

The GF wanted to see this one and I thought it was going to be another lame, American cheese ball movie. I was wrong. Had a decent twist and ending.

A pretty good movie overall

8/10
I really want to see it, kids were supposed to bring it over for me to watch but they forgot it. I read the book and couldn't put it down.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 2:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

NO GOOD DEED

2014 film starring Idris Elba as an escaped convict. Good film, nice twists in the plot as well.

No Good Deed (2014) - IMDb

8/10
Old Dec 29th 2014, 5:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Kung Fu Jungle

Chinese martial arts movie...terrible storyline and the acting isn't much better...still a great martial arts film if you're into this sort of thing.

Basically a nutter is killing martial arts masters and the person to go find him is a police instructor who was imprisoned for killing someone by accident.

This is so dumb, it is awesome.

7/10
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Suspect.

Korean flick from last year. Storyline is a bit silly and not all that original....basically hard man, spy type bloke is being set up for a killing and while trying to figure out the truth, he's trying to get revenge for a prior problem that seems to be intersecting his new problem.

Set in North and South Korea.

Pretty decent little action flick this and worth a punt if your'e into foreign dramas.

7/10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.