Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Movie Reviews

Movie Reviews

Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:34 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Movie Reviews

Well i thought I'd get a thread started that's purely for movie reviews....seen a movie and loved it?...share it with us......or couldn't wait to go to see one and walked out of the movie theater feeling ripped -off? ......tell us about it

Some movies do better on the big screen , i think anyway , while some are worth waiting for on DVD, while other's well lets just say , they are a big disappiontment

Lets give them a rating 1=BAD through 10 = EXCELLENT

ELF- festive,funny, both kids and I enjoyed , I'd give it a 7, definitly worth watching , i'm probably gonna buy the DVD
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:42 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movie Reviews

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Well i thought I'd get a thread started that's purely for movie reviews....seen a movie and loved it?...share it with us......or couldn't wait to go to see one and walked out of the movie theater feeling ripped -off? ......tell us about it

Some movies do better on the big screen , i think anyway , while some are worth waiting for on DVD, while other's well lets just say , they are a big disappiontment

Lets give them a rating 1=BAD through 10 = EXCELLENT

ELF- festive,funny, both kids and I enjoyed , I'd give it a 7, definitly worth watching , i'm probably gonna buy the DVD

Sharks Tale: Great, funny, great for kids we give it an 7. Not too long for the little 'uns either.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:44 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Sharks Tale: Great, funny, great for kids we give it an 7. Not too long for the little 'uns either.

Garfield: Entertaining for all the family, though wouldn't watch it on my own.....I never liked Garfield cartoons either, but the other half liked it and so did the kids. Score: 7
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:45 pm
Banned

Shrek 2: Fab, loved the donkey, for that I give it an 8.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:50 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Shrek 2, great movie, just got the dvd, great extras' too
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:51 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Raising Helen - probably more of a chic flick..it's about a woman with great career social life...gets kids...all goes wrong in her life!...sweet funny ..little romance in there..i found it heartwarming and kate hudson is gorgeous and funny...nice to see someone other than Julia Roberts fill the romantic comedy slot
Score 6
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:53 pm
Banned

Raising Helen - probably more of a chic flick..it's about a woman with great career social life...gets kids...all goes wrong in her life!...sweet funny ..little romance in there..i found it heartwarming and kate hudson is gorgeous and funny...nice to see someone other than Julia Roberts fill the romantic comedy slot
Score 6

Read the book, loved it
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:54 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

King Arthur was pretty good to...gonna get the dvd when it comes out..
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:58 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Bob
King Arthur was pretty good to...gonna get the dvd when it comes out..
BOB that's not much of a review what did you like about it?...good story?...action packed? or were you just too busy googling that gal...Kiera
Old Nov 26th 2004, 4:07 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

BOB that's not much of a review what did you like about it?...good story?...action packed? or were you just too busy googling that gal...Kiera
Errr...all of the above

Just a nice twist on the arthur story that was different and interesting, and I'd just finished reading the King Arthur series of books Bernard Cornwell wrote, which were excellent and different, but apparantly with a lot of history backed facts in it...anyway, it was a good tale and nice action too. Plus the unrated dvd has over 15 mins of extra stuff, mostly fighting, probably bloody heads rolling and the like
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:12 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Errr...all of the above

Just a nice twist on the arthur story that was different and interesting, and I'd just finished reading the King Arthur series of books Bernard Cornwell wrote, which were excellent and different, but apparantly with a lot of history backed facts in it...anyway, it was a good tale and nice action too. Plus the unrated dvd has over 15 mins of extra stuff, mostly fighting, probably bloody heads rolling and the like
Teehee You told me once that you would watch *ANYTHING* with Kiera Knightley in it. Want me to dig up that post. Bob
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:15 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw- Will give it a 6......pretty grusome, but a good twist.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:39 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Desdemona
Teehee You told me once that you would watch *ANYTHING* with Kiera Knightley in it. Want me to dig up that post. Bob
hehe...was shite in Star wars tho, and "the hole", but oh well...found her in some tv drama series too...but couldn't be bothered with that *l*
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:41 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Bob
hehe...was shite in Star wars tho, and "the hole", but oh well...found her in some tv drama series too...but couldn't be bothered with that *l*
that was the very first time i saw her it was Dr Zivargo shown on pbs, it sucked and so did her acting...she is pretty though...and maybe her acting has improved "shrug"

p.s bob i always mean to ask...what the heck is *l*
Old Nov 26th 2004, 7:10 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

p.s bob i always mean to ask...what the heck is *l*
Me too

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service