Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Mouse gone or not

Mouse gone or not

Old Apr 11th 2010, 1:46 am
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mouse gone or not

Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
I removed the redundant words for you.
With an emphasis on the 'some'?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 2:08 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl View Post
With an emphasis on the 'some'?
I was trying to be diplomatic, but you're right - I could have deleted that too.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:09 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious View Post
We have had a mouse treat the pan cupboard as a dining room recently. So far the lttle bastard has had 3 helpings of cheese, 2 of steak, 3 bits of sausage, 2 side servings of peanut butter and dessert consisting of chocolate spread. This is on 2 separate mouse mouse traps. It will be rat sized by the time we catch the little twat. Probably in there at the moment demanding service. Off out to buy poison and the 'humane' type mouse traps today. Not sure what I will do to the little ****er will actually be humane if I ever catch it though...
I'd lend you my cat, Bruce, but don't think he'd travel well in a Jiffy bag. We've got fruit trees which attract fruit rats and often wake to the sight of a decapitated rodent in the back garden. Last week it was two heads, one with torso attached, one without. He's also great with spiders, flies and cockroaches and is CFC free.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:32 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
Let the record show, that history proves you very wrong....
Yeah cuz Queen Victoria, Catherine the Great, Maggie Thatcher, and Golda Meir were so peace loving and all that.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:55 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Got in from work at 11.30 pm and the little bugger had finally been caught in the humane mouse trap. So the girl and I jumped in the car and released it way down the road by some cornfields. But the silly bugger ran under the car so I don't know if I ran it over as I drove off. 'Twould be a tad ironic to have rescued it and then squished it inadvertently.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

scankaroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank View Post
My gut feeling is that you're some kind of nut for prying up your floorboards to catch a mouse and then using that experience as material for your first post on an internet forum.
Another Bloody Yank. If anyone is a nut, it's you with that life sentence style picture of you on here. Take that as a joke mate, as I'm not one for tit for tat.

If I'm honest fella, I laughed when I read your post so don't think you're getting to me or whatever, because you're not.

Everyone, the mouse is gone, thank fup says me. I found the entry point (I think) so filled it up.

Over n out y'all.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 5:33 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scankaroo View Post
Another Bloody Yank. If anyone is a nut, it's you with that life sentence style picture of you on here. Take that as a joke mate, as I'm not one for tit for tat.

That's one of his better ones Skanky!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:55 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on vacation on/off the past 3 weeks and at the weekend was rocking my 9 month old son to sleep at around 2am. I swore I heard dust or dirt hitting my bedroom window and thought nothing of it, continued rocking, got my son to sleep and viola, got to sleep myself.

Anyway, 2 days later I'm up in my loft storing stuff away and took a glance at a tray of poison I always leave full and up there. It was empty! I quickly realised that, that dust on my window wasn't dust, but very likely a mouse running up the inside of my wall, probably to the loft above me.

Anyway, that was 6 days ago - the discovery of the empty tray, so immediately I filled it again, and put another tray up there too, to poison the things out if they were still there. Anyway, up till today, them trays haven't been touched so I've been thinking, they're gone however last night around 2am I swore I heard noises under my bedroom floor, likely scurrying and what I'd best describe as someone doing a single tap on my plumbing pipes now and again.

To be fair though, my 9 month old son hasn't been well of late where he is actually getting a low temperature rather than a fever. So whilst doing the obvious of wrapping him up well, taking doctor's advice, etc.. I've had my heating set a bit higher at night to keep him warm.

I'm hoping that them noises and what I think was scurrying was the heating cooling down. Mental man that I am, when my son woke at 2.15am, I asked my wife to take him downstairs for half an hour. I uprouted my bedroom, prising up 3 small floorboards with a hammer and I put traps loaded with chocolate, and poison in there. These are the paths I think the mice are taking, if infact there are mice.

Anyway, 3am, bedroom is back to norm, my wife and son return to bed. I switch the heating of completely rest of night and to be fair I didn't really hear much later that night. I'm hoping that my mind was playing tricks with me and it wasn't a case of the mice being scared of by hammering and movement by me.

Going back to the two trays being untouched the last 6 days I'm hoping that means the mice are gone. I moved their location this morning to other parts of the loft just incase they are keeping to tried and trusted pathways.

What are people's gut feelings about the two untouched trays? My house isn't that big, it's an end terrace here in North West England.

I think this evening will be interesting if there are a few dead in the traps or the poison has been disturbed.
Hmm they may not have touched your poison trays or traps if you've touched them recently, mice will stay away from anything with the smell of humans on them. Apparently bacon grease hides the smell, also moth balls are said to be good to drive them out of floorboards and the like.
I have one that lives under my cooker and so far has outlived all my devices that caught the rest of his family. I hate that mouse.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:08 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Hmm they may not have touched your poison trays or traps if you've touched them recently, mice will stay away from anything with the smell of humans on them. Apparently bacon grease hides the smell, also moth balls are said to be good to drive them out of floorboards and the like.
I have one that lives under my cooker and so far has outlived all my devices that caught the rest of his family. I hate that mouse.
Years ago we bought an old house that had mice. There was a small gap between the stove and the cabinets to the left- maybe 2-3" or so and there was a small hole in the plaster behind the stove. I managed to catch 10-12 of the dumber mice (OK-catch is not the proper word, since the traps crush their necks or skulls) but there were still a couple of smart bastards that would leave the trap snapped and licked clean of peanut butter time after time. One day we were in the living room (which had a clear view of the trap in the stove gap) and heard them. Finally we saw what was happening- one mouse would lay across the cocked part of the trap while the other licked off the PB; after a bit the trap snapped and flung mouse #1 a foot or so, but at the same time evidently gave mouse #2 enough time to get out of the way...after which they both licked the trap clean and went back down the hole. I gained a new respect for mice.

I wish we had a video camera, it would have won a prize on America's Funniest Home Videos!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:14 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Happened to catch an episode of Kirstie Alley's My Big Life yesterday. They have a rat problem at her house, and despite catching the rat and letting it go, it kept coming back. The weird thing is it didn't seem to matter how far afield they went with it, the bugger seemed to have a homing device.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:22 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
Happened to catch an episode of Kirstie Alley's My Big Life yesterday. They have a rat problem at her house, and despite catching the rat and letting it go, it kept coming back. The weird thing is it didn't seem to matter how far afield they went with it, the bugger seemed to have a homing device.
I remember reading, back in England, that a typical field mouse could find its way home from a mile away. Apparently you have to either take them further than you'd think, or hope that they meet a cat on the way home.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Another Bloody Yank. If anyone is a nut, it's you with that life sentence style picture of you on here. Take that as a joke mate,
Oh, I knew it had to be. My Mother has always told me I was a fine looking boy, and not to pay any attention to what others might say.

If I'm honest fella, I laughed when I read your post so don't think you're getting to me or whatever, because you're not.
Well that was not one of my better efforts, obviously. Would you mind if I tried again?

Everyone, the mouse is gone, thank fup says me. I found the entry point (I think) so filled it up.

Over n out y'all.
Good news on the mouse. But I wouldn't be surprised if he finds another way in. They don't give up very easily when they've found a place they like.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
I saw that too, I really don't blame the rat for going back to her house every time they release it, Kirsty feeds it every time it goes home!!!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by karonious View Post
Got in from work at 11.30 pm and the little bugger had finally been caught in the humane mouse trap. So the girl and I jumped in the car and released it way down the road by some cornfields. But the silly bugger ran under the car so I don't know if I ran it over as I drove off. 'Twould be a tad ironic to have rescued it and then squished it inadvertently.
Well done and by now henry has been well reunited with his family and friends.....he's one happy little mouse....
Old Apr 13th 2010, 2:43 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart View Post
I saw that too, I really don't blame the rat for going back to her house every time they release it, Kirsty feeds it every time it goes home!!!
I know, I mean birthday cake!!!!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.