Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Long time no see...

Long time no see...

Old Nov 18th 2020, 3:09 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long time no see...

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
That is the place. I took the tube to Cockfosters Station and hopped a double decker for the short ride up Southgate Road. I even remember the layout inside. Some years ago it was owned by someone running a plumbing business there. I know that because I also looked it up on Google Earth. It would have been a good 40 plus years since I had been there, but she still had a hold on me.
So did you ever try to contact her?
Old Nov 18th 2020, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
So did you ever try to contact her?

Many years later, probably about 20 years. I actually got the phone number of her parents and stressed for days over whether to call or not and perhaps getting her number.. In the end I decided not to. No doubt she would be married and of course so was I. I didn't see the benefit to her of me reinserting myself in her life after so much time. Not to mention it would potentially cause me to dwell on the impossible. Yet I still think of her and remember every detail of our time together. Such is life. If I could turn back time.

Last edited by dakota44; Nov 18th 2020 at 4:00 am.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 3:59 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Many years later, probably about 20 years. I actually got the phone number of her parents and stressed for days over whether to call or not and perhaps getting her number.. In the end I decided not to. No doubt she would be married and of course so was I. I didn't see the benefit to her of me reinserting myself in her life after so much time. Not to mention it would potentially cause me to dwell on the impossible. Yet I still think of her and remember every detail of our time together. Such is life. If I could turn back time.
Maybe for the best. You will always have the sweet special memories

(although a little Facebook stalking might help)
Old Nov 18th 2020, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Maybe for the best. You will always have the sweet special memories

(although a little Facebook stalking might help)
I would not know how to find her on FB. No clue as to her married name. Not to mention, she would be at least 76 now, so quite likely not an active FB user, although I am, so who knows.

Last edited by dakota44; Nov 18th 2020 at 8:09 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
my mother was the original Hyacinth Bucket.
Nah, that was my mother-in-law.