Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Kitty Cat Thread

The Kitty Cat Thread

Old May 5th 2020, 2:02 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Birding....
"Wot....me?"
Old May 5th 2020, 2:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
"Wot....me?"
Cats trying to look innocent = lost cause.
Old May 5th 2020, 2:25 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea who this cat belongs to, but it showed up in our back yard yesterday meowing at Legolas, until my wife scared it opening the door to put some food out. Then about 10 minutes later it reappeared at the front door meowing its head off, which resulted in this little standoff.

Old May 5th 2020, 2:35 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I have no idea who this cat belongs to, but it showed up in our back yard yesterday meowing at Legolas, until my wife scared it opening the door to put some food out. Then about 10 minutes later it reappeared at the front door meowing its head off, which resulted in this little standoff.
"Bloody mirror's not working properly......"
Old May 5th 2020, 2:39 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

"Bloody mirror's not working properly......"
That little tabby wasn't in the least bit scared of Legolas' half-arsed attempt to look hard. I tried to go out to bring it food and it ran away, but when I was doing the dishes I saw it come back up our driveway like it owned the place. We heard it meowing this morning too, and my daughter saw it in the front yard. I guess it just wants to play with Legolas. I don't think it's a stray, it looks well taken care of and it's got a nice shiny coat. Also, I think I have some pictures of it from September when it was on our back deck tormenting Legolas, well when I compare the photos they look like the same cat to me anyway.
Old May 5th 2020, 3:08 pm
Resident Cynic

That little tabby wasn't in the least bit scared of Legolas' half-arsed attempt to look hard. I tried to go out to bring it food and it ran away, but when I was doing the dishes I saw it come back up our driveway like it owned the place. We heard it meowing this morning too, and my daughter saw it in the front yard. I guess it just wants to play with Legolas. I don't think it's a stray, it looks well taken care of and it's got a nice shiny coat. Also, I think I have some pictures of it from September when it was on our back deck tormenting Legolas, well when I compare the photos they look like the same cat to me anyway.
Just a recce party...... Legolas knows.......
Lock the flap and hide the food!
Old May 5th 2020, 3:21 pm
Doin' It Right

Just a recce party...... Legolas knows.......
Lock the flap and hide the food!
We don't have a cat flap, Legolas is an indoor cat, so that's not an issue.

He did get arsey with me when I tried to bring a bit of food out for the visiting cat, but it was all in vain anyway, since I brought it in untouched and dumped it in Legolas' bowl in the end anyway.
Old May 5th 2020, 4:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Hackles don't seem to be up though. No spitting, no foul.
Old May 5th 2020, 5:00 pm
Doin' It Right

Hackles don't seem to be up though. No spitting, no foul.
Most of the time he was just sat the way he is in the picture, occasionally flapping his tail about. There was no hissing or meowing from Legolas, only sad sounding little mews from the cat outside, which was making my daughter really sad we couldn't let it in.

Once in a while, Legolas would bound down the stairs, and by that I mean jump down all 5/6 steps that lead to that little landing there in one go, and stand up with his paws on the door but that was about it. I honestly think they're mates and they want to hang out, in reality. Or he'd look up at me because my daughter and I were sat at the top of the stairs watching them, and make the cat start-up sound then come up to get pet, presumably to make the other cat jealous.
Old May 6th 2020, 1:01 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Birding....
Not in this case , no. She uses it to spy over the new fence to the development activity next door. They leave for the day , she goes for a stroll.
Old May 8th 2020, 4:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I may have just discovered why we've been seeing so much of Socks lately.

Old May 8th 2020, 4:51 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I may have just discovered why we've been seeing so much of Socks lately.
A pair of Socks!
Old May 8th 2020, 5:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
A pair of Socks!
Exactly! I'm not sure if they're identical though. I was watching earlier when one was drinking alone and I couldn't see that it had Socks' white crest, so it may even be the same cat I called New Little Blackie a week or so ago. I'm going to have to get a mechanic friend's led camera on a flex wand to look inside the cat house under the step and see if there's any sign of occupancy.
Old May 8th 2020, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Exactly! I'm not sure if they're identical though. I was watching earlier when one was drinking alone and I couldn't see that it had Socks' white crest, so it may even be the same cat I called New Little Blackie a week or so ago. I'm going to have to get a mechanic friend's led camera on a flex wand to look inside the cat house under the step and see if there's any sign of occupancy.

They do look quite, um, purposeful.
Old May 8th 2020, 5:43 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
A pair of Socks!
Stop! You'll make Péuga jealous...... his name just means "sock", because he's too poor to have more than one

His father is Mickey, due to his blue eyes, but poor Péuga has even bluer eyes, but (obviously) came second.... so he's definitely put upon!

But I guess either are better than their original names "Gato sem rabo" (no-tail cat) and "Gato invisível" (invisible cat).........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.