Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Kitty Cat Thread

The Kitty Cat Thread

Old Apr 16th 2019, 4:41 pm
Mal-fonted EU citizen.

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

The hoolies are seven of our years old today.

This was snapped at half-time in this morning's pre-elevenses judo bout.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 10:23 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
The hoolies are seven of our years old today.

This was snapped at half-time in this morning's pre-elevenses judo bout.
Aw. They are lovely. I hope they enjoy their birthday.

Old Apr 16th 2019, 10:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 17th 2019, 12:12 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

MrBEVS' picture perfect psscat. Dusty, the kitten that came in from the cold.

Old Apr 30th 2019, 11:38 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
MrBEVS' picture perfect psscat. Dusty, the kitten that came in from the cold.

Your cat has a fur coat? He looks very happy.

So, does any other lunatic here besides me attempt to brush their cat's teeth? Vet advised us to do this, and I've been dligent although said cat is really not that into it Anyone else had success with this, and if so, what is your implement and toothpaste/cleaner of choice?

Yes, I know it's a bizarre question, but there it is.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:05 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Your cat has a fur coat? He looks very happy.

So, does any other lunatic here besides me attempt to brush their cat's teeth? Vet advised us to do this, and I've been dligent although said cat is really not that into it Anyone else had success with this, and if so, what is your implement and toothpaste/cleaner of choice?

Yes, I know it's a bizarre question, but there it is.
For some reason I can't quite work out, your vet wants you to lose a finger.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
For some reason I can't quite work out, your vet wants you to lose a finger.
I think she's telling people to do this, and then going home and laughing about us to her family.

Youtube is full of videos of cats sitting there with their mouths open while people brush. I don't know what drugs they were on, but actual cats don't do that at all.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:33 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's telling people to do this, and then going home and laughing about us to her family.

Youtube is full of videos of cats sitting there with their mouths open while people brush. I don't know what drugs they were on, but actual cats don't do that at all.
I'm sure it's possible, you just need a really chilled out cat to do so.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 6:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Same.

It doesn't work. Cat, has a fit.

The toothpaste came with both, a small brush, but also a rubbery finger sleeve that has a textured fingertip, that is supposed to make it easier to rub the gums and teeth. That at least means my finger isn't being bitten off.

I am still scratched to death though, even if I wrap a towel around the cat and sit on him.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Same.

It doesn't work. Cat, has a fit.

The toothpaste came with both, a small brush, but also a rubbery finger sleeve that has a textured fingertip, that is supposed to make it easier to rub the gums and teeth. That at least means my finger isn't being bitten off.

I am still scratched to death though, even if I wrap a towel around the cat and sit on him.
Mine doesn't scratch, but he struggles and when overpowered he just clamps his mouth shut making the back teeth really hard to get at. I find the toothbrush a bit too big to slide between his teeth and the walls of his mouth, and the rubber thing way too big, given the clamped shut business. I need something flatter and thinner. I am trying the interdent cleaning brushes, but I'm not sure they are quite "brushy" enough.

This isn't a question I ever thought I would be asking, btw. Also, chicken-flavoured toothpaste
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:55 pm
Hail Satan!

Mine doesn't scratch, but he struggles and when overpowered he just clamps his mouth shut making the back teeth really hard to get at.
Yeah, it isn't even the biting or scratching as much as the sheer bloody mindedness that will get in your way.

But then again, cats gonna cat.

Also, chicken-flavoured toothpaste
Nope.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 8:18 pm

Yeah, it isn't even the biting or scratching as much as the sheer bloody mindedness that will get in your way.

But then again, cats gonna cat.
It's worked for them for thousands of years, they aren't about to change now.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 8:21 pm
Hail Satan!

It's worked for them for thousands of years, they aren't about to change now.
And why would they when you look at the life they have carved out for themselves as a species. They get free reign to lie around sleeping all day (except for the sudden burst of activity at 2am), food as and when they want and they've basically enslaved the dominant species on the planet.

Kind of fleshes out my theory that cats are aliens observing us and only those who are nice to them will be spared when they finally unleash the crows on us.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 8:33 pm

And why would they when you look at the life they have carved out for themselves as a species. They get free reign to lie around sleeping all day (except for the sudden burst of activity at 2am), food as and when they want and they've basically enslaved the dominant species on the planet.

Kind of fleshes out my theory that cats are aliens observing us and only those who are nice to them will be spared when they finally unleash the crows on us.

Old Apr 30th 2019, 8:36 pm
Hail Satan!

Well yeah, that too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.