Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Kitty Cat Thread

The Kitty Cat Thread

Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:31 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
She's 11 and hasn't killed me yet

I can't rely on the one that does like me of course, because he's also dumb as a bag of rocks. What is it with orange cats anyway?
Look, my Avatar started out like this. Look at it now. You're kidding yourself.

Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:39 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...ames-thumb.jpg
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:03 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 6th 2017, 8:42 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Cat learns to use computer.
wxs edc4v .......tkj7lo9;/[--[']\ 417825*963 /
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:21 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahaha ... you think that's going to keep you safe?! Come the revolution...
Oh, yes. They've got history there. It was the cat wot dunnit

Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:58 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Some of ours. We usually have two around. Baloo lost his good friend Tache (Spot) early in 2012 and whinged on until we decided to spice up his life with a couple of kittens.

These being Pim and Pom, named after the Dutch cartoon cats, but with names gender reversed from the Dutch originals.

Baloo first checked out the new sleeping arrangements shortly before the kitten onslaught.

The Kitty Cat Thread-baloo_img_1480.jpg

That didn't last too long as they asserted themselves fairly quickly.

The Kitty Cat Thread-first-day_img_1484.jpg

Their first introduction to footie was England vs Sweden June 2012...

The Kitty Cat Thread-first-footie_match_img_1498.jpg

The match was followed by a winding down period, as is necessary.

The Kitty Cat Thread-post-footie-chill_img_1509.jpg

A couple years later, mid winter and it's snowing hard outside.

The Kitty Cat Thread-watching-snow_img_1771.jpg

They're now five and a half years old, and still play-fight like they were only a few months. We lost Baloo about four years ago, but he had already taught them where to find the best mice and to bring them inside.

They take sides; Pim (the tabby) is definitely OH's cat, whereas Pom is very much mine. They both need constant cuddles and are just amazing fun every single day.

... Legolas ... likes to jump up and sit on my shoulders, and in the winter I can wear him like a scarf around the house
My sister-in-law has a fourteen year aptly named Morticia who does exactly the same thing. She is cute, but also a vicious little sod who will bite or lash out 'just because she feels like it'.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 11:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
wxs edc4v .......tkj7lo9;/[--[']\ 417825*963 /
That's code for "send kat fud cos this munky no gud".
Old Nov 6th 2017, 11:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Some of ours. We usually have two around. Baloo lost his good friend Tache (Spot) early in 2012 and whinged on until we decided to spice up his life with a couple of kittens.

These being Pim and Pom, named after the Dutch cartoon cats, but with names gender reversed from the Dutch originals.

Baloo first checked out the new sleeping arrangements shortly before the kitten onslaught.

Attachment 128902

Attachment 128897

Attachment 128898

Attachment 128899

Attachment 128900

They're now five and a half years old, and still play-fight like they were only a few months. We lost Baloo about four years ago, but he had already taught them where to find the best mice and to bring them inside.

They take sides; Pim (the tabby) is definitely OH's cat, whereas Pom is very much mine. They both need constant cuddles and are just amazing fun every single day.

My sister-in-law has a fourteen year aptly named Morticia who does exactly the same thing. She is cute, but also a vicious little sod who will bite or lash out 'just because she feels like it'.
Lovely beasts.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:08 am
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Time for another Milton update.

He is still around, still eating well, or at least five days of the week he is.

He still comes with his tail up, and seeks affection, but on the days he doesn't eat well he seems particularly sheepish.

He has taken to lying in a circular cat toy (a giant bearing race with balls inside), which we had left a blanket lying on top of. He found it himself, but now it is a bit cooler we have placed the toy and blanket on his electric "kennel mat", and he just loves that. We think that the toy provides support that makes him comfortable. That said he has episodes of very heavy breathing, but overall he still seems happy and content, and not quite ready for the one-way trip to the vet yet.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Oh, yes. They've got history there. It was the cat wot dunnit

http://img0.reactor.cc/pics/comment/...0-2017546.jpeg

Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:54 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Attachment 128902

Attachment 128897

Attachment 128898

Attachment 128899

Attachment 128900

Very nice pair of cats you have there. Are they siblings? If they are, I'm quite surprised they still get on so well. I had two cats back in the UK who were brother and sister and they got on OK until they were a few months old, then they hated each other

Other than the jumping on your shoulder thing, that sounds quite like my other cat, Gimli. She'll lull you into a false sense of safety and might even let you pet her for a bit before you get the claws or the teeth

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post

He is still around, still eating well, or at least five days of the week he is.

He still comes with his tail up, and seeks affection, but on the days he doesn't eat well he seems particularly sheepish.

He has taken to lying in a circular cat toy (a giant bearing race with balls inside), which we had left a blanket lying on top of. He found it himself, but now it is a bit cooler we have placed the toy and blanket on his electric "kennel mat", and he just loves that. We think that the toy provides support that makes him comfortable. That said he has episodes of very heavy breathing, but overall he still seems happy and content, and not quite ready for the one-way trip to the vet yet.
Glad to hear he's still hanging in there, and that he seems to still be displaying some form of happiness. The tail in the air is a very good sign of that.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:12 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 5:44 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

... Are they siblings? If they are, I'm quite surprised they still get on so well.
Yes, they are from the same litter. Mum is a farm cat from way up in the French Alps, no idea who dad is. I too am somewhat amazed that this sibling love continues, and long may it!

The Kitty Cat Thread-catpile.jpg

Warfare tactics continue to evolve, with Pom (the smarter of the two) now only indulging Pim for a couple of high-speed laps around the house, before settling down to wait behind a pillar; within a couple of minutes, Pim will wander downstairs only to receive an enormous baff! in the face, and then they're off once again...

Pim displays an interest in fashion, and has become obsessed with OH's shoes.

The Kitty Cat Thread-myshoes.jpg

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post

...but overall he still seems happy and content, and not quite ready for the one-way trip to the vet yet.
Glad to hear he's still hanging in there, and that he seems to still be displaying some form of happiness. The tail in the air is a very good sign of that.
I'll second that. Come on Milton!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 5:51 pm
Doin' It Right

Yes, they are from the same litter. Mum is a farm cat from way up in the French Alps, no idea who dad is. I too am somewhat amazed that this sibling love continues, and long may it!

Attachment 128904

Warfare tactics continue to evolve, with Pom (the smarter of the two) now only indulging Pim for a couple of high-speed laps around the house, before settling down to wait behind a pillar; within a couple of minutes, Pim will wander downstairs only to receive an enormous baff! in the face, and then they're off once again...

Pim displays an interest in fashion, and has become obsessed with OH's shoes.

Attachment 128905

Having two is often much more entertaining, but we probably left it a little late to add Legolas, since Gimli was already 10. She doesn't put up with anything from him. Actually, the only time the two of them sit still next to each other is when the food bowls are empty. If I'd had the presence of mind at 5:45 this morning I'd have taken a picture of the two of them sitting there looking at me before I had noticed the food shortage.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:05 pm
BEfuddled

Forgot to mention earlier, coming soon on Channel 5, a new series (?) presented by Jo Brand entitled 'Cats and kittens'. Starts November 14th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.