Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Job satisfaction

Job satisfaction

Old Oct 22nd 2017, 11:09 am
Just Joined

nodedslon is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Job satisfaction

Do you think that job satisfaction is more important than money?
Why/why not?
You would rather work in a job which you love or in well-paid one which is stressful, you don't have much time but you are loaded?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 11:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job satisfaction

Originally Posted by nodedslon View Post
Why/why not?
You would rather work in a job which you love or in well-paid one which is stressful, you don't have much time but you are loaded?
Rather an odd question to ask for a first post. Why do you ask?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 11:53 am
Just Joined

nodedslon is an unknown quantity at this point

It's just interesting question in my opinion
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's just interesting question in my opinion
As you are new to our forums...why don’t you tell us a little about yourself? Are you perhaps a student...looking for a career path?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

MillwardFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always chased money, I'm in a highly paid job and I hate it.. the stress it has caused in my family life has been an issue. I love the sort of role that I Do, but the pressure the company put us under is unreal. I am working on being able to change jobs by paying off any debt that forces me to stay.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Why/why not?
I would suggest that you are perhaps on the young side to be asking that question
I say that because most people ,as they mature ,find they have little choice in the jobs they have. In the beginning it does depend to a large degree on qualifications and availability. Then it moves to more personal issues. Partnerships that demand access to jobs for both perhaps. The need to move locations. Leaving the wider family and friends behind . So much more comes into as you mature.
Its' always better if you enjoy your job.Money is of course important .I've found however that the more you earn ,the more demands are made on you,which often require you to spend that extra money on things you wouldn't personally have chosen. Being stressed is no joke,it can cost you relationships ,and even eventually your life. Nothing is worth that. Not even the 'idea' of being loaded.