Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Income tax abroad

Income tax abroad

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:39 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 4
mt79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Income tax abroad

I've got a tax query that I'm hoping someone on here can help with. I've spoken to my accountant but even she isn't really sure!

My wife and I are moving to the Cayman Islands in January. I will be employed by a company in the Cayman and my wife will keep her current job but on a reduced salary on work remotely. We will need to fill out self assessments for tax every year due to renting our current house out. We will register as non-residents with HMRC and plan on living abroad for at least 1 whole tax year.

The question I have is will my wife have to pay tax on her earnings in the UK or would this be covered by the double taxation relief?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help
mt79 is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 11:48 pm
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 1
ukstartup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Income tax abroad

She may be able to use form R43 to claim personal allowances and a tax repayment if not resident in the UK
Check gov.uk on personal allowance and tax refund claims for non residents.
ukstartup is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.