Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Im Sorry

Im Sorry

Old Nov 4th 2020, 4:16 am
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Im Sorry

I don't know how regularly I will post again but I will try. I mainly wanted to pop on because I felt bad that some of you might think I was ignoring you because I'm not. I think it was explained on here because I was in touch with a few people off-site so to speak but to cut it short, I haven't been on not for any major reason other than I was recently given a new laptop at work, and we were recently bought out by a larger company. So therefore I have no reason to trust that that new computer wasn't being tracked in some way, not least because they have software on there, ostensibly a helpdesk type thing, that allows their corporate IT department to access my work computer at any time, presumably without warning or need for my permission to access, so I thought I would err on the side of caution.

I should have at least tried to get on at home or on my phone but I really hate posting on the phone. I may try to get used to that in some way though, we shall see how that works, but basically, and not to get all gushy or anything but I kind of missed you. Even those of you you might not expect that I would miss you, I did. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of times between May and now where I was glad I wasn't posting for a while, mostly for the sake of my own blood pressure, but also for the sake of you not having to read my rare. but fun rants.

For whatever reason tonight I was sitting at home and saw the BE bookmark on my browser and decided to check things out and I thought I'd make the post that I wanted to make for a while but my lazy arse didn't get around to.

So I'm sorry. I won't say I'm back fully just yet but I'll try harder. I'll give my phone a go again too, try posting during the day off the laptop and see how we go. I'm more than happy to stay in touch via email or another instant messaging service (PM me and I'll send you my email or whatnot).

Anyway, I won't fart about too much. Just wanted to let you know I still love you all very much and I'll try to do better.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 4:39 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im Sorry

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I don't know how regularly I will post again but I will try. I mainly wanted to pop on because I felt bad that some of you might think I was ignoring you because I'm not. I think it was explained on here because I was in touch with a few people off-site so to speak but to cut it short, I haven't been on not for any major reason other than I was recently given a new laptop at work, and we were recently bought out by a larger company. So therefore I have no reason to trust that that new computer wasn't being tracked in some way, not least because they have software on there, ostensibly a helpdesk type thing, that allows their corporate IT department to access my work computer at any time, presumably without warning or need for my permission to access, so I thought I would err on the side of caution.

I should have at least tried to get on at home or on my phone but I really hate posting on the phone. I may try to get used to that in some way though, we shall see how that works, but basically, and not to get all gushy or anything but I kind of missed you. Even those of you you might not expect that I would miss you, I did. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of times between May and now where I was glad I wasn't posting for a while, mostly for the sake of my own blood pressure, but also for the sake of you not having to read my rare. but fun rants.

For whatever reason tonight I was sitting at home and saw the BE bookmark on my browser and decided to check things out and I thought I'd make the post that I wanted to make for a while but my lazy arse didn't get around to.

So I'm sorry. I won't say I'm back fully just yet but I'll try harder. I'll give my phone a go again too, try posting during the day off the laptop and see how we go. I'm more than happy to stay in touch via email or another instant messaging service (PM me and I'll send you my email or whatnot).

Anyway, I won't fart about too much. Just wanted to let you know I still love you all very much and I'll try to do better.
I have a solution. Retire

Welcome back!
Old Nov 4th 2020, 4:44 am
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I may never get to do that the way things are looking right now. I did get a 5% raise in the meantime though so yay me. Means bugger all after my pound of flesh comes out for insurance but it has nice optics, eh?

Welcome back!
Cheers. I hope to stay this time, even if just on my phone.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 5:13 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I may never get to do that the way things are looking right now. I did get a 5% raise in the meantime though so yay me. Means bugger all after my pound of flesh comes out for insurance but it has nice optics, eh?

Cheers. I hope to stay this time, even if just on my phone.

You need a cheap chromebook for personal posting, or a tablet. Phone posting is small and annoying.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 5:15 am
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You need a cheap chromebook for personal posting, or a tablet. Phone posting is small and annoying.
I got an ipad this year, which I spend most of my time on playing rollercoaster tycoon or football manager, but that would do at a pinch. Might be a bit conspicuous at the desk in work though, but the phone isn't. At home in the evenings I have my desktop though, which I'm on now. That makes things easier.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 5:19 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I got an ipad this year, which I spend most of my time on playing rollercoaster tycoon or football manager, but that would do at a pinch. Might be a bit conspicuous at the desk in work though, but the phone isn't. At home in the evenings I have my desktop though, which I'm on now. That makes things easier.
I forget you have people in your office. I always think of you in a huge warehouse surround by piles of road salt, rolls of turf, and a lot of trucks.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 5:23 am
Doin' It Right

I forget you have people in your office. I always think of you in a huge warehouse surround by piles of road salt, rolls of turf, and a lot of trucks.
That all exists but it's out back in the yard . I do have my own office though, so I might try bringing it in tomorrow to see how I go. I usually hear people before they see me.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 6:04 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 4th 2020, 6:06 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Himself indoors did that and it stuffed me. Trying to get him to join Mens Shed. or get a part time job.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Hey me old sultanofswing good to see you are back.How was the walk of life???
Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I always think of you in a huge warehouse surround by piles of road salt, rolls of turf, and a lot of trucks.
Hangar 18?
Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Im Sorry

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Hangar 18?
Area 41
Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:54 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hey me old sultanofswing good to see you are back.How was the walk of life???
Hey, nice to be back again. Posting on my phone here, I think it might not be as bad as I thought it was.

Great song reference, and the break did me good. Not much of interest happened while I was away though. I haven't caught the big rona yet
Old Nov 4th 2020, 2:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back young man. Very nice to see you again, you have been missed. Anyway, here you are and hopefully for good.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 2:41 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Welcome back young man. Very nice to see you again, you have been missed. Anyway, here you are and hopefully for good.
I'm going to try to stick around, yeah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.