Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

I'm excited!

I'm excited!

Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:21 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm excited!

I just booked our trip back to the UK. It's been almost 8 years since we have been home so it's time

Houston to Heathrow at the end of April and the total price was $950 for the two of us, that was a great deal. I'm so excited
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm excited!

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I just booked our trip back to the UK. It's been almost 8 years since we have been home so it's time

Houston to Heathrow at the end of April and the total price was $950 for the two of us, that was a great deal. I'm so excited

Ah SM thats fantastic!!! Wow 8 years, it'll be interesting to hear how you think it has changed! - That was a great price.. who are you flying with?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:40 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lovely for you I did not realise it had been that long.

Sure you will have a wonderful time, it will be an eye opener for sure.

FYI I noticed the other day whilst trolling the airline sites that most appear to only allow 1 piece of bagage free and the rest means you gotta cough up some more dosh.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Feb 11th 2009 at 4:42 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:52 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink View Post
Ah SM thats fantastic!!! Wow 8 years, it'll be interesting to hear how you think it has changed! - That was a great price.. who are you flying with?
Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post

FYI I noticed the other day whilst trolling the airline sites that most appear to only allow 1 piece of bagage free and the rest means you gotta cough up some more dosh.

We are going with Continental and I think for flights to the UK the luggage is still free but I'll look again and check.

We were supposed to go last year but it didn't pan out for several reasons. This year I put my foot down at work and made sure I had first choice for vacation pick
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

BA is still 2 bags and free...

Anyway, nice one on the trip!

Got my mother come over for another weeks visit next week which is nice as she can shout me a birthday dinner
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant prices...bet you can't wait...you'll love it.

Are you sure that's for international flights...I thought it was US domestic?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:10 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ckbag.aspx#q02
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Brilliant prices...bet you can't wait...you'll love it.

Are you sure that's for international flights...I thought it was US domestic?
It seems to be for certain class's.

I had to pay with Air India 2 years ago

It seems to be as you say mainly for non international, having said that I know they are charging on some.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Feb 11th 2009 at 5:15 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:42 pm

It seems to be as you say mainly for non international, having said that I know they are charging on some.
Ok Poppy, now you've confused me

The way I read it going to the UK you are not charged for luggage, right?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:48 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Hope you have a great time Sugarmomma.Hope the weather warms up a little over there for you. I'm going back in the summer for a couple of weddings. It will be great to see all the family.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:57 pm

Ok Poppy, now you've confused me

The way I read it going to the UK you are not charged for luggage, right?
So it appears with Continental, but make sure you don't go over the weight allowance either just to confuse you more lol.

Plus 1 carry on.

I will be just ahead of you flying out end of March
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:01 pm

http://thetravelinsider.info/travela...allowances.htm
Above is domestic only but interesting.
Excellant guide and all airlines listed below
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the airline...destination and type of class you travel.

International flights...you can check 2 bags free with Continental...check their website for weight and size. I piece of hand luggage + handbag.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...age/check.aspx

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 11th 2009 at 6:20 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Well...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
Well...
Well...........we are chuffed for her even if you are not miserable sod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.