Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

I need help!!!

I need help!!!

Old Sep 28th 2003, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Sakina is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb I need help!!!

First off, I am not an Xpat, I am aussie, I just stumbled onto this site. I need help!! I am trying to get a price on a trip to The Gambia, for days now, I need just the cost of flight, because I have accomodation. anyone out there who can tell me the Air Company that would fly there? I guess there would be no direct flight from Australia. Maybe going from australia to London, London to Banjul? whaahaa please help!!! :scared:
Old Sep 29th 2003, 12:50 am
WBB

Default Re: I need help!!!

Originally posted by Sakina
First off, I am not an Xpat, I am aussie, I just stumbled onto this site. I need help!! I am trying to get a price on a trip to The Gambia, for days now, I need just the cost of flight, because I have accomodation. anyone out there who can tell me the Air Company that would fly there? I guess there would be no direct flight from Australia. Maybe going from australia to London, London to Banjul? whaahaa please help!!! :scared:

have they got google in australia..? :lecture:

i hope so or my application is gonna get withdrawn

i just typed "gambia" and "flights" into google and got the following result

Results 1 - 10 of about 181,000. Search took 0.12 seconds.

yes there are one hundred and eighty one thousand matches and it took just over a tenth of a second, try it.

Old Sep 29th 2003, 1:55 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
have they got google in australia..? :lecture:

i hope so or my application is gonna get withdrawn

i just typed "gambia" and "flights" into google and got the following result

Results 1 - 10 of about 181,000. Search took 0.12 seconds.

yes there are one hundred and eighty one thousand matches and it took just over a tenth of a second, try it.

harsh
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:44 pm
WBB

yeah harsh but dont you just hate stupid questions like that one?

Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to say Im not the stupid one, instead of being mean and nasty, like a typical *pom* or whatever you are, if your aussie, I am ashamed!! But I guess the sheep gives you away as a fool anyway. You know it may have taken you seconds to type in "Gambia " "flighs" but did u bother to check to see how many had flights Direct from Australia to Gambia? Or were you to busy being a smartass you forgot that there is more to it than just a click? Doesn't take much to help a person, but apparently you have to much time to spend demeaning people and that. Love to see you needing help one day, I hope it comes back to you two fold of what help you gave me
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:28 pm
WBB

whatever, try the gambia forum if there is one or take your own advice and fly from somewhere else, to be honest did you really expect somebody here to have experience of flying to gambia from australia?

come on your taking the p*ss

Old Oct 1st 2003, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Try this link: http://www.gambiatourism.info/

Doesn't list flights from Aus but is a start.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by tallperson
Try this link: http://www.gambiatourism.info/

Doesn't list flights from Aus but is a start.
Thanks for you help, i will look at that right now
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Sorry to say Im not the stupid one, instead of being mean and nasty, like a typical *pom* or whatever you are, if your aussie, I am ashamed!! But I guess the sheep gives you away as a fool anyway. You know it may have taken you seconds to type in "Gambia " "flighs" but did u bother to check to see how many had flights Direct from Australia to Gambia? Or were you to busy being a smartass you forgot that there is more to it than just a click? Doesn't take much to help a person, but apparently you have to much time to spend demeaning people and that. Love to see you needing help one day, I hope it comes back to you two fold of what help you gave me
Try this link. These are a list of the major online travel agents in Aus which I have. I don't know if any of these ticket places sell flights to Gambia .. you'll have to check each link.
http://www.tpg.com.au/content/agent-carhirepage.html
Cheers

P.S he's not a pom, he's Welsh (you know that little country next to England .. the one which looks like a Pigs head)

Welsh people are not all like that, so please don't tar us all with the same brush
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:41 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Ceri
Try this link. These are a list of the major online travel agents in Aus which I have. I don't know if any of these ticket places sell flights to Gambia .. you'll have to check each link.
http://www.tpg.com.au/content/agent-carhirepage.html
Cheers

P.S he's not a pom, he's Welsh (you know that little country next to England .. the one which looks like a Pigs head)

Welsh people are not all like that, so please don't tar us all with the same brush

cheers c but i think from my name on here it is obvious im not a pom.........some people are so ignorant!!!

Foul statement removed by moderator. Keep it clean children

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:25 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

cheers c but i think from my name on here it is obvious im not a pom.........some people are so ignorant!!!

Foul statement removed by moderator. Keep it clean children
In the Oxford Dictionary a pommy refers to a British person.

You really must get some counselling for your self loathing.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:45 pm
WBB

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
In the Oxford Dictionary a pommy refers to a British person.

You really must get some counselling for your self loathing.

The origin of the word 'pom' is unknown. All that we appear to know for
certain is that 'pom' is a shortening of 'pommy'. And one more thing:
there is evidence that the word originally denoted specifically an
immigrant to Australia from England, before it began to be applied to the
English in general.

Now, the 'prisoner of mother England' story is *extremely* unlikely to be
true. First, people are forever inventing acronyms of this kind to
"explain" troublesome words, and these stories are always balderdash.
(They are also surprisingly easy to invent.) Second, the word is recorded
as early as 1915, and words of acronymic origin are virtually unknown in
English before the middle of the 20th century. Third, there is no evidence
that prisoners were ever called or labeled 'prisoner of Mother England'.
Fourth, if you think about it a moment, the proposal makes no sense,
because the people the word is applied to are not prisoners, nor is there
any evidence that the word was ever applied to prisoners. This story is a
fairy tale.

But the 'pomegranate' story -- note the spelling -- is more plausible. It
is conceivable that this word was applied to English immigrants because of
their pink faces, in contrast to the weatherbeaten faces of the local
Australians. But it seems much more likely that 'pomegranate' was simply
rhyming slang for 'immigrant'. After all, we know that 'Johnny Grant' was
used in Australia as rhyming slang for 'immigrant'. And rhyming slang,
unlike acronyms, is well recorded at the time we are talking about.

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Couldn't find any flights out of OZ, looks like you will have to go to London.

http://www.holidays-in-gambia.co.uk/

Some handy info I found: http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/9551/

Cheers
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

city girl is a jewel in the roughcity girl is a jewel in the roughcity girl is a jewel in the roughcity girl is a jewel in the rough

That's one lady who got out of the bed the wrong side.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

No such thing as a stupid question and you want to start a new life in another country.......... you need to mellow..........dont sweat the small stuff as the saying goes........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.