Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Hungarian F1 GP.

Hungarian F1 GP.

Old Aug 6th 2006, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hungarian F1 GP.

The best race I have seen in years.
Jensen Button won his first GP for Breat Britain breaking a 113 run of bad luck. It's been a couple of years since I last saw the Union Jack raised for the winning driver.
I'll bet the pubs around Silverstone are full today.

WELL DONE THAT LAD
Old Aug 6th 2006, 5:08 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hungarian F1 GP.

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Jensen Button won his first GP for Breat Britain breaking a 113 run of bad luck. It's been a couple of years since I last saw the Union Jack raised for the winning driver.

WELL DONE THAT LAD
Yes, it was a great race, long time since we have seen one so exciting.
Well done to Jensen!
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:55 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

It was about flippin time we had a decent race
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

WELL DONE THAT LAD

great news....i used to religiously watch F1 when in the UK...never know when it's on here ..lo hubs tries to get me to watch some other race here the one where the winner drinks milk, wtf ...lol bring on the champers ....well done jensen, it's just been a matter of time for the lad
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I used to enjoy sunday afternoons watching Nigel Mansell bust his guts trying to win. After he retired there's not been a driver with the same "shit or bust" entertaining style, Juan Pablo Montoya looked promising but now he's buggering off to NASCAR (what a slap in the face for F1 that must've been).

As for Button...just another Caulthard IMO, part of the rich daddy sponsor race programme.
I know a plumber in Stepney with a white transit that's quicker than both of 'em.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rushman
I used to enjoy sunday afternoons watching Nigel Mansell bust his guts trying to win. After he retired there's not been a driver with the same "shit or bust" entertaining style, Juan Pablo Montoya looked promising but now he's buggering off to NASCAR (what a slap in the face for F1 that must've been).

As for Button...just another Caulthard IMO, part of the rich daddy sponsor race programme.
I know a plumber in Stepney with a white transit that's quicker than both of 'em.
lol that's so funny....yep agree with you about the rich daddy bit however nigel mansell is one guy i could not stand lol it was just his face dunno why poor sod....anyway didn't know about montoya but then i've lost touch with F1...i used to really enjoy the weekends when it was on...i like to see it live and for most of the races you could when living in the uk
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:42 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Good to see a different winner, and congratulations to him. But, I don't think he is all that good of a driver, and really can't see another win coming anytime soon. I never liked Button much to start with, but after the BAR/Williams saga any respect I had for him went down the pan... (one year he wants to move to Williams because they have the faster car, legal battle over contract with BAR and he is forced to stay, next year BAR have the faster car, cue another legal battle this time to try and wriggle out of his Williams contract and stay at BAR (now Honda))

Pretty sure the result would have been completely different had Alonso, Shumacher, Raikonnen etc not all retired for various reasons.

Apparantly there are rumours that Villeneuve could be following Montoya to NASCAR after BMW ditched him.

Last edited by nai_in_av; Aug 7th 2006 at 6:47 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:54 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

WELL DONE THAT LAD
He has finally matured.. what is he now - 12? 13 yrs old?
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

That was a great race. Wet weather usually means an entertaining race, and it didn't disappoint. Over the past few years, it's turned into a glorified Scalextric game, and after the carnage of the first corner you're pretty much guaranteed an hour and a half kip before waking up to see if Schumacher won or not. Yesterday was a pleasant surprise - people were racing, overtaking and everything.

My wife and I were falling about laughing after Scott Speed* was yelling on the radio that the track was dry enough for slick tyres, then when given a set, proceeded to wobble and slide around the track like Bambi on ice.

It was cool to hear the Japanese national anthem; I was wondering what it sounded like, and had all but given up hope of seeing a Japanese driver on the podium. I'd forgotten about the constructors!

We were also disappointed with Montoya's departure; mostly because his driving style injects a bit of interest into otherwise dull races, and partly because we'd just shelled out for Montoya caps at the USGP a few weeks back.

I wish all races were like yesterday's - F1 on SpeedTV is pretty much the only thing keeping me paying out for all these extra cable TV channels, and I often wonder if that's enough.

* from California. SpeedTV requires this fact be pointed out every time his name is mentioned
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:47 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Just another coulthard, just about sums him up, not in a good way either, i think he will win the odd race from time to time in the future, but never really looks like he has the raw speed or consistency to go for titles - oh well.

Ant
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

I was so glad that I stayed up and watched the race on Sunday night, it was an absolute corker!

And if you had told me that a German, a Spaniard and a Brit would be on the podium, I would never have guessed who and certainly wouldn't have got the order right!

There was some excellent racing. It was a shame that the Hungarian TV director didn't show much of Button's until the final lap, which was a real shame as he drove a very good race. It was good to see Michael Schumacher having some real races, particularly his battles with Alonso, whose driving in the wet was better than Schuey's (probably down to tyres).

What's the coverage of F1 like in the States? Iirritates me Down Under that Network Ten don't broadcast Formula 1 at sensible times (apart from the
Australian Grand Prix). Most races are broadcast live, but some (like the Hungarian GP) are on late at night when they don't need to be. Why can't they show a re-run of the race at a sensible time?

It is not the timing of Ten's F1 broadcasts that really irritates me, though. The most irritating thing about Ten's F1 broadcasts is James Allen! Indeed, I travelled 12,000 miles to the other side of the World to get ITV's F1 commentary!

With his inane drivel every other Sunday, it is hardly surprising that a Google for James Allen Formula 1's top result is for the Shut Up James Allen petition.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

That's not fair! Coulthard has been firmly focussed on fifth place for seasons now. At least Jenson has talked about actually winning!

Are there any Sniff Petrol fans here? No this is not an Aboringinal magazine, but a monthly newsletter for car / motorsport fans with a Great British sense of humour.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:58 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i like to see it live and for most of the races you could when living in the uk
Speed Channel shows it live on the whole. 4 Tape delayed races a year which are shown on local CBS affilliates (or maybe NBC, i forget ). Its quite nice to generally have the races to watch over Sunday morning breakkie
Old Aug 8th 2006, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Have been a dedicated F1 fan my entire life.....remember the days when James Hunt was the man to beat, even! However, I lost a tad bit of enthusism after THE big crash.

Reading the posts did light up a spark for the sport, though
Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul S
Speed Channel shows it live on the whole. 4 Tape delayed races a year which are shown on local CBS affilliates (or maybe NBC, i forget ). Its quite nice to generally have the races to watch over Sunday morning breakkie

ok we're with time warner just coz of bbc america which is crap anyway but think i'll have to look for speed channel. if i'm correct the majority are in europe and easy to watch live when in the uk guess that was my point...don't like watching them taped, not the same for me but tks i'll find out about speed channel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.