Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

food and drink you'll miss

food and drink you'll miss

Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:22 am
Banned

randomdelusion will become famous soon enoughrandomdelusion will become famous soon enough
Default food and drink you'll miss

I just spent the last 4 years in the UK and really missed the following array of food and drinks;

twisties
beef sausages
cheezels
bacon that does not sweat when cooked
cheetos
large packets of crisps (chips)
proper pork spareribs on the rack
shapes
fresh fruit

Since returning I do sort of miss;

Iron bru
those stodgy pies you eat with a pint
pints
proper strongbow
sausage supper
ufo's

What will or do you miss?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:28 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: food and drink you'll miss

I miss a British Indian more than anything...

Chinese

Bacon

Pubs

Cherry Diet coke

Proper chips and chippy's
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:30 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Pukka pies

Pub grub

Gravy

Cheese & onion pasties

Dandelion & Burdock
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:32 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I miss chocolate..ie galaxy, ripples, wispers
spicy noodles
my local indian (takeaway)
irn bru
tango
sausages
helmans mayonaise
tunnock tea cakes
everything else that M&S and Tesco sell....
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:32 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Pasties.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:35 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KLF View Post
Pasties.
Hubby misses pork pies..
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:35 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross View Post
I miss chocolate..ie galaxy, nipples, wispers
spicy noodles
irn bru
tango
sausages
helmans mayonaise
tunnock tea cakes
Bet they sell well!

And rossi, I see you and you are avoiding me mate.still haven't answered my question
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:37 am
Cheeky member

I miss chocolate..ie galaxy, ripples, wispers
spicy noodles
irn bru
tango
sausages
helmans mayonaise
tunnock tea cakes
Do you get Dove choc there? Its just like Galaxy
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:39 am
Susie..

Originally Posted by Ransi View Post
Do you get Dove choc there? Its just like Galaxy
No, but we have a lovely little british shop..problem is there is never anywhere to park near it and I cant be arsed to walk
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:40 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Redlippie View Post
Bet they sell well!

And rossi, I see you and you are avoiding me mate.still haven't answered my question
Dunno what you're on about missus.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:42 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by KLF View Post
Dunno what you're on about missus.
Acronym.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:42 am
Cheeky member

No, but we have a lovely little british shop..problem is there is never anywhere to park near it and I cant be arsed to walk
Send me your address and I'll send you some to sample....

I refuse to buy from the British shops here.... most things are out of date and the price is ridiculous.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:43 am
Cheeky member

All walkers crisps

Quavers

Wotsits

Scampi Fries
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:46 am
Susie..

Originally Posted by Ransi View Post
Send me your address and I'll send you some to sample....

I refuse to buy from the British shops here.... most things are out of date and the price is ridiculous.
Yeah I was well pissed when i got home and found out that my walkers cheese and onion were out of date..
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:46 am
KLF
What Time is Love

Originally Posted by Redlippie View Post
Acronym.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.