Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Fatty livers & gastro thugs

Fatty livers & gastro thugs

Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:08 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fatty livers & gastro thugs

Prompted by the excellent Buckinghamshire Boy, not to mention (so I won't) another member and being myself the grateful recipient of good advice I invite those of us with dodgy organs, vociferous medics and other complaints of a medical nature to post their anecdotes, issues and remedies, real or imagined, for the entertainment, education, elucidation and encouragement of all -

Bring on the fatty livers!
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fatty livers & gastro thugs

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Prompted by the excellent Buckinghamshire Boy, not to mention (so I won't) another member and being myself the grateful recipient of good advice I invite those of us with dodgy organs, vociferous medics and other complaints of a medical nature to post their anecdotes, issues and remedies, real or imagined, for the entertainment, education, elucidation and encouragement of all -
... Wheeze, cough & drag... 'If you don't cut out the cheese, fish & chips, sausages & the red wine, you won't make 50!" thundered the inspecting Dr, at my induction annual insurance co. medical. He gave me a long printed list of no-no items. So I left him to take another drag on his fag balanced on an ashtray filled with butts.....
I still have his list somewhere, rather faded though......
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 1:40 pm
European Expat Migrant

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd put another thread up, I'll ask the mods to delete it.

Today's gripe is cold calling by the secretary of Gastro-thug, who was trying to bludgeon me into accepting a rendevous for another colonoscopy.

We talked about that last week, I explained that I had two done two years ago, and the following day I dropped back to her office with my medical notes - she hadn't seen those - concerning both of those 'interventions'. The first of the two discovered three small polyps, all of which tested benign, the second inspection was 100% clean.

It was pretty clear that they were trying to shoe-horn me in before they close the medical cabinet down for the annual holiday. I said that I was entering a very busy period for most of July - true - so I'd check my diary and get back to her.

I'm not ducking it per-se, although I do feel that this is really OTT. Either way, if there were to be any follow-up, I'd be established 900km away, so of little use. I think I'll leave it a few more days then tell them that I'll take the next step when I'm established with a new GP in BE.

On the good side the PPIs have kicked in nicely, acid production is down, I'm not scaring the cats with overload burps and the appetite is coming back up.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 2:46 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I'd put another thread up, I'll ask the mods to delete it.

Today's gripe is cold calling by the secretary of Gastro-thug, who was trying to bludgeon me into accepting a rendevous for another colonoscopy.

We talked about that last week, I explained that I had two done two years ago, and the following day I dropped back to her office with my medical notes - she hadn't seen those - concerning both of those 'interventions'. The first of the two discovered three small polyps, all of which tested benign, the second inspection was 100% clean.

It was pretty clear that they were trying to shoe-horn me in before they close the medical cabinet down for the annual holiday. I said that I was entering a very busy period for most of July - true - so I'd check my diary and get back to her.

I'm not ducking it per-se, although I do feel that this is really OTT. Either way, if there were to be any follow-up, I'd be established 900km away, so of little use. I think I'll leave it a few more days then tell them that I'll take the next step when I'm established with a new GP in BE.

On the good side the PPIs have kicked in nicely, acid production is down, I'm not scaring the cats with overload burps and the appetite is coming back up.
Good job you are absconding to BE - don't leave your new phone no!

Good news about the PPIs.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:17 pm
Dedicated European

Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:31 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

If you accept that the definition of an alcoholic is a man who drinks more than his GP, I spent 4 years registered to a practice with no alcoholics 😉
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 4:08 pm
European Expat Migrant

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I had already asked BEVS to delete the duplicate...
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 9:57 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

& I have . It poofed quietly.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:11 pm
European Expat Migrant

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
& I have . It poofed quietly.
Thanks, now I am slightly jealous, if only I could poof quietly...
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, now I am slightly jealous, if only I could poof quietly...
I hope that's farts you're talking about. Only stuff about livers and gastro-ey things are allowed on this thread (you've already been in trouble once about this)
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:25 pm
European Expat Migrant

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I hope that's farts you're talking about. Only stuff about livers and gastro-ey things are allowed on this thread (you've already been in trouble once about this)
Guilty as charged.

Heck I never even thought about the other potential meaning, not that I would ever use that term.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Guilty as charged.

Heck I never even thought about the other potential meaning, not that I would ever use that term.
I was only pulling your leg
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:37 pm
European Expat Migrant

Got a call late this afternoon from my GP. How is it going, are you ok?

No I am bloody well not, Switzerland just got dumped out of the world cup.

Oh well, never mind, do you want to come and talk about vitamins?

You're on.

Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:38 pm
European Expat Migrant

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I was only pulling your leg
At least it wasn't my finger, we all know what happens then...

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Jul 3rd 2018 at 11:41 pm. Reason: Different PC, clumsy keyboard.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What you should have done is hit the ‘report post’ icon. That way as mod for this forum I would have seen it.

Anyways...all well that ends well. This thread has now sprung into life.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.