Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Eddie Stobbart recruiter .... Yet another trucking tale.

The Eddie Stobbart recruiter .... Yet another trucking tale.

Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Eddie Stobbart recruiter .... Yet another trucking tale.

In 1994 along wiht a lot of guys I was made redundant from Fed Ex
I worked out of Rugby at the Matchbox Toys depot. It was the best job I ever had, we earned amazing money even by todays standards and were treated like gods even by the MD of Matchbox himself. We all got 13 weeks notice and help to find other jobs.
At the same time Eddie Stobbart were setting up at the future DIRFT at Crick and used BP truckstop as the recruitment center. One lunch time a few of us were in the truckstop and the ED recruitment staff were sitting eating, the person in charge was a woman. I wandered over and said "Excuse me but I drive for Fed Ex and we are all being made redundant from the Matchbox depot, do you know it ?"
"Yes" she replied.
"Could you send some applications down there when you get the chance ?" I asked.
"Yes ... I will as soon as I can"

Two weeks went by and none arrived, I saw the woman again snd asked her if she had forgotten ? ... "No ! ......... I haven't forgotten, I will send them when I get the chance"

Three weeks go by and still no applications arrive. One morning as I am sitting there eating breakfast she walks in and I walk over to her.
"Excuse me" I say.
"YES !!!" she snapped.
"Did you firget the,,,,,,,,,,,," didn't manage to say anything else before she snapped at me.
"I havn't forgot ! ... and I don't like people like you interupting my meals"
I then snapped ...... "I'ts not for me you understand, it's for all the other drivers, they are good guys......... perhaps too f**kin good to work for a shit company like Eddie f**kin Stobbart..... I had no intentions of applying myself because I would never work for any company with a name like they have or employs such a nasty bitch as you" ........... I then walked off wiht a grin on my face.......... no applications ever arrived
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Eddie Stobbart recruiter .... Yet another trucking tale.

Patrick!!! So naughty!! ........... but I like!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:22 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Just wow. I don't know what's more disturbing; the original post or me taking the time to respond to it.

There was this one time, in truck driving camp...
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:21 am

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler View Post
In 1994 along wiht a lot of guys I was made redundant from Fed Ex
I worked out of Rugby at the Matchbox Toys depot. It was the best job I ever had, we earned amazing money even by todays standards and were treated like gods even by the MD of Matchbox himself. We all got 13 weeks notice and help to find other jobs.
At the same time Eddie Stobbart were setting up at the future DIRFT at Crick and used BP truckstop as the recruitment center. One lunch time a few of us were in the truckstop and the ED recruitment staff were sitting eating, the person in charge was a woman. I wandered over and said "Excuse me but I drive for Fed Ex and we are all being made redundant from the Matchbox depot, do you know it ?"
"Yes" she replied.
"Could you send some applications down there when you get the chance ?" I asked.
"Yes ... I will as soon as I can"

Two weeks went by and none arrived, I saw the woman again snd asked her if she had forgotten ? ... "No ! ......... I haven't forgotten, I will send them when I get the chance"

Three weeks go by and still no applications arrive. One morning as I am sitting there eating breakfast she walks in and I walk over to her.
"Excuse me" I say.
"YES !!!" she snapped.
"Did you firget the,,,,,,,,,,,," didn't manage to say anything else before she snapped at me.
"I havn't forgot ! ... and I don't like people like you interupting my meals"
I then snapped ...... "I'ts not for me you understand, it's for all the other drivers, they are good guys......... perhaps too f**kin good to work for a shit company like Eddie f**kin Stobbart..... I had no intentions of applying myself because I would never work for any company with a name like they have or employs such a nasty bitch as you" ........... I then walked off wiht a grin on my face.......... no applications ever arrived
Now, just a minute!

I worked for Eddie once. He's actually rather a sweetie and does quite a bit for charity. He did quite a bit for me too. After my kids' first dad died, I was left with not much. I rented a computer and put out some flyers so I could support my toddlers, who were both in diapers, and stay home. Both he and his wife put bits and pieces of work my way. He paid me more than I asked. He had already handed over the running of the company to family back then, so don't blame Eddie. He's one of the good guys.

Not a trucking tale but a bit of nostalgia sparked by a name I remember fondly...

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie don't work there any more ..

http://eddiestobart.com/
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
Wow. Just wow. I don't know what's more disturbing; the original post or me taking the time to respond to it.

There was this one time, in truck driving camp...
LOL - excellent!!!