Dreams

Old Jul 6th 2020, 12:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dreams

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
and ... ?

Did you just wake up at that point - still in jail? Bet you want to go back to sleep just to find out what happened! At least, I do!
It was one of those dreams where I wake up but for a period believe it to be real and try to work out what to do, eventually realising I don't have to worry.

Old Jul 6th 2020, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
It was one of those dreams where I wake up but for a period believe it to be real and try to work out what to do, eventually realising I don't have to worry.
Oh boy, I have that feeling almost every day! But in my case, the 'problems' in the dreams are completely and utterly illogical / simplistic / pointless. I wake up with my head swirling the problem around, and then realize it's utter nonsense!
Old Jul 7th 2020, 11:41 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I occasionally have dreams where I'm back working at the award winning (one-stop-shop) advice centre I used to work at in the 90s.

Last night we were going to an away day/team building thing and we met up for a breakfast somewhere, walking to the event centre after.

When it came to leaving I saw where we had to go. Climb over a wall, drop down onto a platform - a shelf like thing over a sheer drop - with no hand rail and then walk along. It then became necessary to step across the gap onto another structure - like scaffolding with planks but only one hand rail. Further along I could see that there was a stretch where the planks were not supported by bars on both sides. They were just sticking out and I could see that they were bending with people walking on them.

I don't have a head for heights (unless on a plane or some solid safe structure) and there was no way I was going.

Probably this was Covid related. Not worth the risk for an away day.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 2:26 pm
Oscar nominated

I had one of my 'back at work' dreams last night.

Our DWP office was on the top floor of a two-storey building. When it was time to leave there was no lift or stairs to the exit on the ground floor, you had to go via our new sponsors' Tesco department store.

Once there the only exits I see were only accessible via checkouts, having bought something. Try as I might I couldn't find another way out. I asked staff and was directed to somewhere that strangely took me back to where I had been.

I was told it wasn't possible to leave and I insisted on speaking to a manager. Just you watch, I was thinking, the manager will know it's wrong and will let me out.

Sure enough...but...

I had to sign a receipt - like a till receipt except there was nothing to agree or not. Furthermore, there were the socks for a baby stapled to the receipt making it look as if I'd bought something.

Well I didn't want to back down as if I had bought something plus I was distrustful as to what the signature was for so I didn't sign.

I was still there when I woke up.

Kafkaesque or Tescoesque?
Old Nov 18th 2020, 2:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Furthermore, there were the socks for a baby stapled to the receipt
Good grief Bristol stop doing that to me!
Old Nov 18th 2020, 3:48 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Good grief Bristol stop doing that to me!

First Danny has a urinal in an elevator and now I staple a baby to a receipt.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 3:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I had one of my 'back at work' dreams last night.

Our DWP office was on the top floor of a two-storey building. When it was time to leave there was no lift or stairs to the exit on the ground floor, you had to go via our new sponsors' Tesco department store.

Once there the only exits I see were only accessible via checkouts, having bought something. Try as I might I couldn't find another way out. I asked staff and was directed to somewhere that strangely took me back to where I had been.

I was told it wasn't possible to leave and I insisted on speaking to a manager. Just you watch, I was thinking, the manager will know it's wrong and will let me out.

Sure enough...but...

I had to sign a receipt - like a till receipt except there was nothing to agree or not. Furthermore, there were the socks for a baby stapled to the receipt making it look as if I'd bought something.

Well I didn't want to back down as if I had bought something plus I was distrustful as to what the signature was for so I didn't sign.

I was still there when I woke up.

Kafkaesque or Tescoesque?

Are you one of those people who gets angry with people in real life because of what they did in your dreams?
Old Nov 18th 2020, 4:37 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Are you one of those people who gets angry with people in real life because of what they did in your dreams?
I don't think so. I can't think where people I know who have appeared in dreams have done anything to be angry at.