Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Dream Thread

The Dream Thread

Old Jun 28th 2005, 5:35 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Dream Thread

This is the thread for keeping track of what dreams you've had. So tell me what you have been dreaming about, what nightmares you have, and any dreams that keep repeating themselves? Remember any good dreams from when you was a wee ickle tyke? Then maybe we can all try and figure out what they mean.

Last night I dreamed (or is it "dreamt" instead?) that my whole house was filled with wasps. Every room I went in had wasps on every surface. Nothing really seemed to happen except I went into different rooms. Then the dream jumped to me being with a good female friend of mine in an uncompromising position. Then I woke up and felt guilty. I hate that. And I didn't even do anything!

An odd thing that used to happen to me and my sisters is we'd have the same nightmare. Basicallyu I'd be upstairs in our house doing whatever - at some point there'd be someone else upstairs and then I'd realize that the nightmare had begun. The other person would then count to ten. I'd have to get downstairs before the number ten or the person would drag me back up and tickle me. Sounds harmless but it was frikking scary. I made it downstairs I'd say about 40% of the time.

Now I have nightmares most nights. Can never remember them but my wife is forever waking me up. I don't like sleeping much anyway.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 5:40 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Dream Thread

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
This is the thread for keeping track of what dreams you've had. So tell me what you have been dreaming about, what nightmares you have, and any dreams that keep repeating themselves? Remember any good dreams from when you was a wee ickle tyke? Then maybe we can all try and figure out what they mean.

Last night I dreamed (or is it "dreamt" instead?) that my whole house was filled with wasps. Every room I went in had wasps on every surface. Nothing really seemed to happen except I went into different rooms. Then the dream jumped to me being with a good female friend of mine in an uncompromising position. Then I woke up and felt guilty. I hate that. And I didn't even do anything!

An odd thing that used to happen to me and my sisters is we'd have the same nightmare. Basicallyu I'd be upstairs in our house doing whatever - at some point there'd be someone else upstairs and then I'd realize that the nightmare had begun. The other person would then count to ten. I'd have to get downstairs before the number ten or the person would drag me back up and tickle me. Sounds harmless but it was frikking scary. I made it downstairs I'd say about 40% of the time.

Now I have nightmares most nights. Can never remember them but my wife is forever waking me up. I don't like sleeping much anyway.
Jeez! Someone out there can help you I'm sure - but not me - waaay to underqualified
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Re your wasp dream, cuckoofromars, I looked it up on the net and apparently dreaming of wasps signifies angry thoughts/feelings.

I dreamed last night that I was in a shop or cafe with a big plate-glass window. I picked up a glass tumbler and started writing A E I O U on the window with the edge of the glass tumbler, and surprisingly the tumbler was etching the letters into the window. I felt very guilty at damaging the window.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:12 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday, I dreamt I was a part of some rescue operation. A group of people were trapped in a cave, and the only way to get there was underwater. I had participated some, I remember walking along the big wet rocks on the shoreline near the underwater entrance, and also being underwater and communicating with the team, which felt wonderful.

Then, another day I guess, I asked if I could help out some more, and was told that they had enough people...I was really bummed out!!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jcapulet
yesterday, I dreamt I was a part of some rescue operation. A group of people were trapped in a cave, and the only way to get there was underwater. I had participated some, I remember walking along the big wet rocks on the shoreline near the underwater entrance, and also being underwater and communicating with the team, which felt wonderful.

Then, another day I guess, I asked if I could help out some more, and was told that they had enough people...I was really bummed out!!

Here's what it says about that jcapulet:

To dream that you are being rescued or rescue others, represents an aspect of yourself that has been neglected or ignored. You are trying to find a way to express this neglected part of yourself.

In particular, to dream that you rescue someone from drowning, indicates that you have successfully acknowledged certain emotions and characteristics that is symbolized by the drowning victim.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I dreamed last night about doing laundry in a public laundromat. There were dirty little street urchin girls peeing on my laundry and blaming a dog for it. Then a dog bit me.

I also had a really dirty dream but you can all get bent if you think I'm repeating that at no charge.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I dreamed last night about doing laundry in a public laundromat. There were dirty little street urchin girls peeing on my laundry and blaming a dog for it. Then a dog bit me.
Wrong thread dear..... The Laundry thread.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:54 pm
Brit'n'TX

I dreamt I was eating this HUMONGOUS great marshmallow - then when I woke up, I couldn't find my pillow anywhere ...

what could this possibly mean?

Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Wrong thread dear..... The Laundry thread.
It's more like a nightmare. The thought of doing laundry, I mean. <shudder>
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:57 pm
Brit'n'TX

Basicallyu I'd be upstairs in our house doing whatever - at some point there'd be someone else upstairs and then I'd realize that the nightmare had begun. The other person would then count to ten. I'd have to get downstairs before the number ten or the person would drag me back up and tickle me. Sounds harmless but it was frikking scary. I made it downstairs I'd say about 40% of the time.
weird ... I had a similar recurring nightmare when I was a kid, though I'd be sleepwalking at the same time ...

I had to get from my bed to my mum's bed in under 20 steps, or something terrifying would happen ... even though I always made it, it never got any less terrifying ..

Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:59 pm
WTF?

I had a recurring nightmare as a child that I was trapped in a burning house. :scared:
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:01 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX
I dreamt I was eating this HUMONGOUS great marshmallow - then when I woke up, I couldn't find my pillow anywhere ...

That you woke up in the wrong joke?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie66

I also had a really dirty dream but you can all get bent if you think I'm repeating that at no charge.
Hmmmm

To dream that you are doing your laundry, suggests that you are cleaning up your act or change your image. You are concerned about how you appear to others

and to see urine means feeling you have rejected something

and a vicious dog = inner conflict or betrayal or untrustworthiness.

It'd be a lot easier to interpret the dirty one !!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX

A large dose of laxative ??
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:04 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

I had a dream last night that I was shooting my old friends in the head with a pellet gun. It was quite a powerful pellet gun, and a lot of them did say "ow".

Any ideas on that one?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.