Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Dear supreme being, please can you....

Dear supreme being, please can you....

Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:20 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear supreme being, please can you....

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I always like to cheer myself up by reminding myself that no matter how shite it might seem to be at any given moment, I was lucky enough to be alive during a time where Douglas Adams was writing books, and for a moment, however brief, everything seems like it's going to be OK.
Yes but - Terry Pratchett who has several real books to publish still...
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:21 pm
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada View Post
I haven't got around to him yet, sad to say. Mostly because I haven't the faintest idea where to start.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:26 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't got around to him yet, sad to say. Mostly because I haven't the faintest idea where to start.
https://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/...reading-order/

Or the first book and a few others were made into excellent movies by sky, downloadable most places... Best movie - going postal? Or if its christmas, the hogfather.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:28 pm
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/...reading-order/

Or the first book and a few others were made into excellent movies by sky, downloadable most places... Best movie - going postal? Or if its christmas, the hogfather.
Nice one, thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:41 am
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Don't do it.
Heathen!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:31 pm
Cultural Marxist

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Don't do it.
Is that because you don't like him, or because it's a rabbit hole that I'll not be able to find my way out of?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I thought all his unfinished, unpublished works had been destroyed, there was a bit on the news a while ago which showed a steam roller crushing his computer hard drive.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I thought all his unfinished, unpublished works had been destroyed, there was a bit on the news a while ago which showed a steam roller crushing his computer hard drive.
Hardly, in one of his last interviews he talked about the last 2? Years writing a number of books to support his family after his demise and tie up loose ends. He promised to provide a number of ends, i dont recall the details. His stephen baxter collaboration has just published the long cosmos. They are currently making a movie of one of the books, and good omens is being made for TV.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly, in one of his last interviews he talked about the last 2? Years writing a number of books to support his family after his demise and tie up loose ends. He promised to provide a number of ends, i dont recall the details. His stephen baxter collaboration has just published the long cosmos. They are currently making a movie of one of the books, and good omens is being made for TV.
well I found this on line, and it was featured on the BBC news.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...d-streamroller
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
well I found this on line, and it was featured on the BBC news.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...d-streamroller
If you read the article you know it was whatever he was doing when he died, which makes sense, always destroy disks you cant control contents of / might get added to by people you dont approve of, the other works are just published - one this week - or are in the can for release when the family choose to.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:33 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh SoS... you will love him. I can't believe you haven't been an ardent fan all these years
Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:59 am
Cultural Marxist

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Oh SoS... you will love him. I can't believe you haven't been an ardent fan all these years
I really have no explanation for that, it's just one I haven't got around to. Takes me a while to catch up, I didn't read the Lord of the Rings all the way through properly until I was 30.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:55 am

The lord of the rings is like painting the forth bridge, by the time you finish you’ve forgotten the beginning...

Roll on Alzheimer’s
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

The lord of the rings is like painting the forth bridge, by the time you finish you’ve forgotten the beginning...

Roll on Alzheimer’s � ����� ����� ����
Also the first 100 pages and the last 100 pages are pretty pointless, almost as if he had a page target to hit.... then you question why the eagle or whatever it is couldn't have just given him a lift right from his door to throw the ring into Mount Doom.... Glad I read it either way.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement