Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

COVID19 - SYMPTOMS/DIAGNOSIS ONLY

COVID19 - SYMPTOMS/DIAGNOSIS ONLY

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 2:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default COVID19 - SYMPTOMS/DIAGNOSIS ONLY

This thread is for our members to share symptoms they may have and diagnosis. I thought it may help to share and I am sure our lovely members will wish to support those who are sick.

Please note this is not a thread to discuss the virus...there are plenty of other Coronavirus threads around the forums to do that. Please let’s stick to symptoms and diagnosis. Thank you.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 24th 2020 at 1:02 am.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 1:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID19 - SYMPTOMS/DIAGNOSIS ONLY

I hope that I will be able to come back here and tell everybody that I tested negative but this is my story so far ...

I am self quarantining. I don't have severe symptoms. I don't even know if I have the virus. Ugh.

One of the things that keeps coming up in the "sick patient" testimonials is how things come and go ... you feel bad then you feel better then you feel bad again. Another thing is that, at least from the China data, there were some early gastrointestinal components in a significant amount of patients that later tested positive. Also body aches, headaches, back pain, fatigue and general malaise. All extremely common symptoms before the acute stage. The problem is, and I get it, this is a feeding ground for hypochondriacs. Anything I just listed could easily apply to any of us on a given day.

Thank you everybody for the karma and PMs. I'm OK I promise. I am having mild symptoms.

I just looked up a text string that I had with my sister on 3/12 and 3/13 where she was checking in with me to see if I had received a package that she mailed me. In our chat I told her that I thought I was getting a cold (I had been coughing) and we half joked about Covid 19. She checked on me in a day or two and I told her that I was feeling better. I also had diarrhea around that time for 2-3 days but I have a tender constitution anyway and that was not listed as a symptom. I felt well enough to go about my daily routine but slept a lot over the weekend --- still not completely unheard of but also not normal. I started finding it difficult to get comfortable in a sitting position. It took me a while to figure out that my back felt stiff and sore.

Last week, between the 16-20th, I developed a headache that still hasn't gone away. More fatigue and sleeping more and more. Sometime last week I identified a spot on my back that hurts all of the time. It's on the right side, below the shoulder blade and close to the spine, and it feels like somebody punched me there. It is not excruciating or stabbing, more like a soft tissue injury and it hurts more when I cough or take a deep breath. The fatigue (and brain fog) is still the main problem. After a good sleep last night, I still needed to go back to bed from around 12-3pm today. I don't have an appetite but feel better when I eat. I have run a low grade fever for the last few days but it responds well to acetaminophen. I may have had a fever before this but I wasn't really paying attention. I do not have high fever, chills or shortness of breath. The symptoms respond well to normal OTC cold meds.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 11:12 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Need the patient to report in please. How's it going?
Old Mar 24th 2020, 1:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new to report symptom-wise. I slept well and didn't cough in the night. I'm thinking that I actually felt worse last week but maybe all of the rest I'm getting is leveling the experience?

Today I'm going to move around more and do some light work/organization at home. I want to see if my normal routine still wears me out. My job is not strenuous but I stay busy all day and don't normally stay seated for more than 15-30 minutes.

I'm going to tentatively say that I think I'm feeling a little better but that's sort of how this has gone all along. I feel better then I don't.

Again, I don't know if I have C-19. I'm self-quarantining because it's the right thing to do for myself and others.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Nothing new to report symptom-wise. I slept well and didn't cough in the night. I'm thinking that I actually felt worse last week but maybe all of the rest I'm getting is leveling the experience?

Today I'm going to move around more and do some light work/organization at home. I want to see if my normal routine still wears me out. My job is not strenuous but I stay busy all day and don't normally stay seated for more than 15-30 minutes.

I'm going to tentatively say that I think I'm feeling a little better but that's sort of how this has gone all along. I feel better then I don't.

Again, I don't know if I have C-19. I'm self-quarantining because it's the right thing to do for myself and others.
Do you have a thermometer (to measure your temperature) and do you live alone, or have someone to help should things get interesting?
ETA - also, is your body weight dropping?

I do like the "C-19" label - short, and to the point!

Last edited by Steerpike; Mar 24th 2020 at 7:51 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 12:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

How are you symptom people today?
Old Mar 25th 2020, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COVID19 - SYMPTOMS/DIAGNOSIS ONLY

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
+1 how are you?
Old Mar 25th 2020, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I really hesitate to consider myself a valid 'symptom' person, but since I did mention symptoms Monday (2 days ago? what day is it anyway? I have no clue any more!) ...
I felt much more lively yesterday after a midday nap (catching up on the loss of sleep the night before) and I cooked a lovely meal from all the unusual things I could find in my fridge/freezer. Last night, I would say I was back to my old self, and I slept well, waking nice and refreshed today. There is still 'something going on with my throat' - just a slight weirdness that I only notice when I talk, but no cough. My temperature remains 98.5 or thereabouts (so glad I found a thermometer - amazing what a little data can do!). I walked 5 miles at 4mph last night, which is my normal pace. So as of today, nothing but a slight 'frog in my throat' ... which may actually be due to lack of use .. I normally interact with people and I've been so isolated, I have hardly spoken to anyone for weeks. But I'm going to continue isolation.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 1:05 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Do you have a thermometer (to measure your temperature) and do you live alone, or have someone to help should things get interesting?
ETA - also, is your body weight dropping?

I do like the "C-19" label - short, and to the point!
No thermometer. I admit that I have never owned a thermometer. When this all started I looked online and there was a 3 week back order so I didn't bother.

I do live alone and yes I have a lot of people monitoring my well being. I have family and friends who live anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours away ... all willing to do whatever necessary if I get in trouble. I am lucky in that respect. I understand your situation and it's not easy. I have lived very far away from my support system and it is scary when you get ill. I don't think I'll ever (willingly) let that happen again. My anxiety is much reduced knowing I'm surrounded by loved ones.

I don't think my body weight has dropped but I don't own a scale! I normally just get weighed at the doctor's office and that's enough punishment for me.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
+1 how are you?
Symptoms mostly unchanged. Headache and lethargy are still present. Specific place on back still hurts. Occasional coughing but not excessive.

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I really hesitate to consider myself a valid 'symptom' person, but since I did mention symptoms Monday (2 days ago? what day is it anyway? I have no clue any more!) ...
I felt much more lively yesterday after a midday nap (catching up on the loss of sleep the night before) and I cooked a lovely meal from all the unusual things I could find in my fridge/freezer. Last night, I would say I was back to my old self, and I slept well, waking nice and refreshed today. There is still 'something going on with my throat' - just a slight weirdness that I only notice when I talk, but no cough. My temperature remains 98.5 or thereabouts (so glad I found a thermometer - amazing what a little data can do!). I walked 5 miles at 4mph last night, which is my normal pace. So as of today, nothing but a slight 'frog in my throat' ... which may actually be due to lack of use .. I normally interact with people and I've been so isolated, I have hardly spoken to anyone for weeks. But I'm going to continue isolation.
I worked from home for a couple of hours yesterday and I felt better for the stimulation. I went in to the office today --- no contact with the public but made a lot of client phone calls, talked with a lot of colleagues (on the phone) etc. Took care of some light paperwork. I have to say that after doing a full day, that I am still definitely not 100% but no fever or difficulty breathing.

Perhaps we are, through no fault of our own, unwittingly aggravating our immune system as well as our psychological well-being? How many people with mild symptoms will turn out to just have been stressed out? I've felt the pressure of this thing for at least six weeks. It's been a looming cloud because of my own unique situation. Others are having stress that is just as intense over things like children that can't be near, loss of work, isolation and loneliness, underlying health conditions, losing businesses and on and on.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 1:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am just pleased you are not feeling worse. You are correct of course, stress can play havoc with our bodies and cause all sorts of symptoms.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As mentioned earlier, I had a slight 'throat' issue starting last Monday; can't even call it a 'sore throat', just a 'froggy throat' (that's an expression from my childhood, not sure if it's mainstream - basically, it feels like there is 'stuff' in my throat and I feel the desire to 'cough it out'; I guess that's 'congestion', but not nasal congestion). Yesterday it seemed a bit worse, and last night I felt like I was on the verge of having a bad cough ... like there was a 'tickle' there, but I kept sipping water and that kept it at bay (never actually coughed, at all). Today I woke up the same - I feel as though I'm on the verge of a cough, but it won't quite develop. When I talked into my (cable TV) remote last night, and said 'Netflix', my voice was totally broken up! Anyway its been almost a week since I first felt odd, and the only development is this throat thing, so it's not )exactly changing fast. But there's 'something there'. Temperature still really low (~98).

I'm wondering what is best for an 'itchy throat' - some kind of 'throat lozenge' I presume. Ricola, Halls, Cepacol ... ? Has there been a run on such things?

Edit to add ... we're in full-on allergy season here, and this year for the first time I'm 'ahead of the curve' - I've been using flonase every day and I think that's been keeping me from the usual dreadful sneezing / runny nose phase. So this weird throat thing may just be 'what is left' from allergies after flonase does it's thing ...

Last edited by Steerpike; Mar 28th 2020 at 3:10 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 3:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Honey

i hope it doesn’t develop further.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 3:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Honey

i hope it doesn’t develop further.
I saw this message in my activity feed and wondered who you were calling 'Honey'

Old Mar 28th 2020, 3:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I saw this message in my activity feed and wondered who you were calling 'Honey'
he is a honey,
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:30 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
he is a honey,
Steady tiger...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.