Costco

Old Jul 19th 2019, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costco

Over the years I have often stated that I am a big supporter of Costco. Their refund policy of ‘no questions asked, return any time’ (apart from electronics), is in my opinion, second to non. They give an extra 1 years warranty on electronics, we also got a further year by using AMEX card. Sadly Amex is no longer accepted at Costco. That gave us 3 years guarantee. A week before the 3 years guarantee expired hubby’s laptop died. Took it into Costco and the full purchase price was refunded. They also have a low staff turnover because they treat their staff well.

Today I came across an interesting article. Costco membership fees net them over $3 Billion per year and rising. I get a nice check from them each year which more than covers my Exec Membership fees. If you are not happy with your membership, they will refund the fee.

They have very little shrinkage because they figure people who have paid membership are less likely to steal from them.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ral&yptr=yahoo

Apart from the dreaded queues, what is your experience of Costco?
Old Jul 19th 2019, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costco

Our local one is not so big as some others. Not such a big wine selection as one I used to visit near where DH used to work. BooHoo. I do agree with the generous return policy, and has the cheapest gas/petrol in our area.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costco

Never had to return anything, but never had a bad experience really, I don't like the crowds but not the stores fault people like them. lol

Never bought electronics, they never had much selection of lower price point items, pretty much only ever bought food there and nothing else, oh bought wiper blades once.

Went with my mom to Costco in Palm Springs, and boy the amount of booze they carry there, so much booze.