Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Christmas Thread

The Christmas Thread

Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:02 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Christmas Thread

Our Welsh friends (No knicker throwing please)

And here is the whole film version of the story, sans Tom.

Old Dec 10th 2019, 2:31 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
He'd better get his skates on, I've already used the first slab of pastry, and they won't last long!

I can smell that picture
Old Dec 10th 2019, 3:44 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It's Christmas, I'm feeling sentimental.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/loun...w-here-214687/

The old timers here will appreciate.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I can smell that picture

It just needs the brandy butter.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 3:48 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It just needs the brandy butter.
Xmas brandy butter, you say?

Old Dec 10th 2019, 3:51 pm

Xmas brandy butter, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHG9WAqAE_Q

I'd forgotten about that.

Mercifully.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 3:54 pm
Hail Satan!

I'd forgotten about that.

Mercifully.
The Fast Show Christmas Special is one of the best pieces of TV ever made and I won't hear another word against it.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:11 pm

The Fast Show Christmas Special is one of the best pieces of TV ever made and I won't hear another word against it.

No, it was good. It just hasn't been in my life much lately. Time to fix that.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:18 pm
Hail Satan!

No, it was good. It just hasn't been in my life much lately. Time to fix that.
Nor mine. But seeing the words 'brandy butter' will always make me think of that clip. It's strangely Pavlovian.

Now that makes me want some Pavlova, which was a Christmas staple in our house. From M&S, of course.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Nor mine. But seeing the words 'brandy butter' will always make me think of that clip. It's strangely Pavlovian.

Now that makes me want some Pavlova, which was a Christmas staple in our house. From M&S, of course.
Of course! I love pavlova. I also used to buy the M&S meringue nests, filled with fruit and cream, they make a good pav substitute.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:32 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Of course! I love pavlova. I also used to buy the M&S meringue nests, filled with fruit and cream, they make a good pav substitute.
Sounds good to me.

Christmas dinner in our house was an M&S dessert fest usually anyway. Except for the pudding because my granny made that.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me.

Christmas dinner in our house was an M&S dessert fest usually anyway. Except for the pudding because my granny made that.
Last week I bought a M&S Christmas Pudding and Mince Pies.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:37 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Last week I bought a M&S Christmas Pudding and Mince Pies.

My mum usually made the mince pies. But I was mildly addicted to the M&S blackcurrant cheesecake, so there was always one of those on the go.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:46 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely understated in Olhão.....
Old Dec 10th 2019, 9:17 pm

We got a tin of these.

OH is in charge of making mince peas. Pudding by Tiptree this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.