Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Christmas Thread

The Christmas Thread

Old Jan 3rd 2020, 8:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Christmas Thread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
No offense, but he's nuts

Be right back, off to convince my wife we need to become professional cider drinkers.

He doesn't have to commute in the snow, so what does he care. To him it's still just sledding and snowball fights.

The Fog and Drizzle would be a good pub name, too.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 8:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I know you said he has a girlfriend but I'm still thinking a reverse Colin Frissell.
An American in Portsmouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIXHcOjJpxY

I think he's getting some mileage there out of being a Chicago boy. The girlfriend is a thing of the past though.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 9:06 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
He doesn't have to commute in the snow, so what does he care. To him it's still just sledding and snowball fights.
Yeah, a few years of having to wait for trains, or drive in that shit and the novelty wears off very quickly.

Yeah, it's kind of a good one.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

We had a 20-year-old young man at home over Christmas. Leftovers are not a thing.
One 19 year old son present most of the time, one 22 year old son and his 21 year old girlfriend present about half of the time so not that many left overs here either. Household size reduction starts on Monday 6th and will be completed on Saturday 11th Jan. Then I'll assess any excess food.

Mince pie production has ceased as of Dec 31st with a grand total of 413 made in 2019. Most left the house for holiday parties and pot-lucks so we haven't eaten that many ourselves!
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
One 19 year old son present most of the time, one 22 year old son and his 21 year old girlfriend present about half of the time so not that many left overs here either. Household size reduction starts on Monday 6th and will be completed on Saturday 11th Jan. Then I'll assess any excess food.

Mince pie production has ceased as of Dec 31st with a grand total of 413 made in 2019. Most left the house for holiday parties and pot-lucks so we haven't eaten that many ourselves!

Two young males to feed - the imagination boggles.

The only thing my son left me with was a Christmas tree to take out at the weekend I miss having him as the lugger of heavy loads.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Two young males to feed - the imagination boggles.
I'm used to it, and bought in extra bread flour and pasta before they arrived!

Old Jan 3rd 2020, 10:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I love it. Would also make a nice change from every second one being called The Pig and Whistle!
Old Jan 5th 2020, 5:38 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I miss having him as the lugger of heavy loads.
Mummy?
Old Jan 5th 2020, 6:07 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

HeHe. I really rather like that.

Reminds me of the 60's . Walking to school and seeing the cobwebs on the hedges. Was at time there was still a smoggy fog of a drizzly winter morning due to the coal fires.

We actually get that here in NZ mind you with all the wood burners.