Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Christmas Thread

The Christmas Thread

Old Dec 1st 2019, 12:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Christmas Thread

Anything and everything Christmas related.

We sang Beatles instead of Kings and motor bike rather than taxi, but it's the same result.

We four kings of Liverpool are
George in a taxi, Paul in a car
John on his scooter, beeping his hooter
Following Ringo Starr

Another with lots of variations

While shepherds washed their socks by night
all watching ITV
the angel of the Lord came down
and switched to BBC
Old Dec 1st 2019, 1:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Christmas Thread

I imagine other colours are available but in Canada the choice of colour for toilet paper is pretty much white only. And I discovered this morning that the UK even has scented versions, including a Christmas Mulled spice.

This would be nice

Old Dec 1st 2019, 1:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I imagine other colours are available but in Canada the choice of colour for toilet paper is pretty much white only. And I discovered this morning that the UK even has scented versions, including a Christmas Mulled spice.

This would be nice

Amazon US can provide, but my Christmas spirit does not extend to $8 per roll.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 2:58 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Amazon US can provide, but my Christmas spirit does not extend to $8 per roll.
And there I was thinking that xmas roll was what someone made up

Then I found this.
Spoiler:

Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

And there I was thinking that xmas roll was what someone made up

Then I found this.
Spoiler:

I started replying to a post on here about half an hour ago, talking about a 'pass the parcel' I'm organising for the family christmas do. The prize is exactly that, a boxed roll of 'Trump Dump' I only decided not to post it as I didn't want to introduce anything that might start a political shite fight on your lovely thread, but since you're the OP I'm quite happy about it now!
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

This would be nice
That's actually a lovely looking loo roll, but like Lion I wouldn't be paying 8 bucks for something to, well, you know.

We only get white in Oz too, but infinite varieties such as delicate little coloured flowers on it, different sorts of embossing, 3, 4 or 5 ply etc. To me a loo roll is a loo roll is a loo roll (although I do admit to buying 4 ply embossed)
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:10 pm
Concierge

We sang Beatles instead of Kings and motor bike rather than taxi, but it's the same result.

Following Ringo Starr

all watching ITV
and switched to BBC
I love those rhymes, very creative!
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:17 pm
Concierge

Following Ringo Starr

all watching ITV
and switched to BBC
I love those rhymes, very creative!
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:19 pm
Concierge

A little bit of Aussie silliness. This song was waaay before the current meaning for 'boomer', a boomer in Australia is a male kangaroo.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:23 pm
Oscar nominated

Where's Bevs' video?
Old Dec 1st 2019, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Doing Christmas dinner prep in advance - just made a couple of pounds of fresh bread crumbs , bagged them and thrown them in the freezer. They will be ready for stuffings and bread sauce. Next to make up several batches of my mince pie pastry for freezing.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 7:33 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Bevs' video?
Gizzus a clue ?

You want an NZ one?
Old Dec 1st 2019, 8:15 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Gizzus a clue ?
I believe it was White xmas, maybe a reindeer? Bub-bub, bub-bub-bub-bub-bub....or something.

Old Dec 1st 2019, 8:39 pm
Concierge

Bub-bub, bub-bub-bub-bub-bub....or something.
Doesn't sound like much of a song! Sorry, but that's tickled my funny bone
Old Dec 1st 2019, 8:53 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Doesn't sound like much of a song! Sorry, but that's tickled my funny bone
You wait until you see the real thing

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.