British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   The Christmas Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/christmas-thread-929590/)

BristolUK Dec 1st 2019 12:51 pm

The Christmas Thread
 
Anything and everything Christmas related.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...f8d4f2995c.gif

We sang Beatles instead of Kings and motor bike rather than taxi, but it's the same result.

We four kings of Liverpool are
George in a taxi, Paul in a car
John on his scooter, beeping his hooter
Following Ringo Starr

Another with lots of variations

While shepherds washed their socks by night
all watching ITV
the angel of the Lord came down
and switched to BBC

BristolUK Dec 1st 2019 1:36 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 
I imagine other colours are available but in Canada the choice of colour for toilet paper is pretty much white only. And I discovered this morning that the UK even has scented versions, including a Christmas Mulled spice.

This would be nice :rofl:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...0580fcec5a.jpg

Lion in Winter Dec 1st 2019 1:54 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12772255)
I imagine other colours are available but in Canada the choice of colour for toilet paper is pretty much white only. And I discovered this morning that the UK even has scented versions, including a Christmas Mulled spice.

This would be nice :rofl:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...0580fcec5a.jpg


Amazon US can provide, but my Christmas spirit does not extend to $8 per roll.

BristolUK Dec 1st 2019 2:58 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12772263)
Amazon US can provide, but my Christmas spirit does not extend to $8 per roll.

And there I was thinking that xmas roll was what someone made up :ohmy:

Then I found this.

spouse of scouse Dec 1st 2019 3:05 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12772296)
And there I was thinking that xmas roll was what someone made up :ohmy:

Then I found this.
Spoiler:


:lol: I started replying to a post on here about half an hour ago, talking about a 'pass the parcel' I'm organising for the family christmas do. The prize is exactly that, a boxed roll of 'Trump Dump' :lol: I only decided not to post it as I didn't want to introduce anything that might start a political shite fight on your lovely thread, but since you're the OP I'm quite happy about it now!

spouse of scouse Dec 1st 2019 3:08 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12772255)
I imagine other colours are available but in Canada the choice of colour for toilet paper is pretty much white only. And I discovered this morning that the UK even has scented versions, including a Christmas Mulled spice.

This would be nice :rofl:

That's actually a lovely looking loo roll, but like Lion I wouldn't be paying 8 bucks for something to, well, you know.

We only get white in Oz too, but infinite varieties such as delicate little coloured flowers on it, different sorts of embossing, 3, 4 or 5 ply etc. To me a loo roll is a loo roll is a loo roll (although I do admit to buying 4 ply embossed) :o

spouse of scouse Dec 1st 2019 3:10 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12772233)
Anything and everything Christmas related.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...f8d4f2995c.gif

We sang Beatles instead of Kings and motor bike rather than taxi, but it's the same result.

We four kings of Liverpool are
George in a taxi, Paul in a car
John on his scooter, beeping his hooter
Following Ringo Starr

Another with lots of variations

While shepherds washed their socks by night
all watching ITV
the angel of the Lord came down
and switched to BBC

I love those rhymes, very creative!

spouse of scouse Dec 1st 2019 3:17 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12772233)
Anything and everything Christmas related.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...f8d4f2995c.gif

We sang Beatles instead of Kings and motor bike rather than taxi, but it's the same result.

We four kings of Liverpool are
George in a taxi, Paul in a car
John on his scooter, beeping his hooter
Following Ringo Starr

Another with lots of variations

While shepherds washed their socks by night
all watching ITV
the angel of the Lord came down
and switched to BBC

I love those rhymes, very creative!

spouse of scouse Dec 1st 2019 3:19 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 
A little bit of Aussie silliness. This song was waaay before the current meaning for 'boomer', a boomer in Australia is a male kangaroo.

BristolUK Dec 1st 2019 5:23 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 
Where's Bevs' video?

lizzyq Dec 1st 2019 7:10 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 
Doing Christmas dinner prep in advance - just made a couple of pounds of fresh bread crumbs , bagged them and thrown them in the freezer. They will be ready for stuffings and bread sauce. Next to make up several batches of my mince pie pastry for freezing.

BEVS Dec 1st 2019 7:33 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12772334)
Where's Bevs' video?

Gizzus a clue ?

You want an NZ one?

BristolUK Dec 1st 2019 8:15 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12772373)
Gizzus a clue ?

I believe it was White xmas, maybe a reindeer? Bub-bub, bub-bub-bub-bub-bub....or something.


spouse of scouse Dec 1st 2019 8:39 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12772393)
Bub-bub, bub-bub-bub-bub-bub....or something.

:rofl: Doesn't sound like much of a song! Sorry, but that's tickled my funny bone :rofl:

BristolUK Dec 1st 2019 8:53 pm

Re: The Christmas Thread
 

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12772404)
:rofl: Doesn't sound like much of a song! Sorry, but that's tickled my funny bone :rofl:

You wait until you see the real thing :nod:


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:04 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.