Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Christmas 2020

Christmas 2020

Old Dec 25th 2020, 10:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas 2020

Daughter and Granddaughter came to stay over for Christmas...even though they only live about 50 ft away. It is the first time we have all been together since the beginning of March. The 4 of us have been isolating for the last 10 days so we can spend Christmas and New Year together. Lots of hugs...it felt so good.

Happy Christmas everyone!!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 25th 2020 at 11:49 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Dec 25th 2020, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Daughter and Granddaughter came to stay over for Christmas...even though they only live about 50 ft away. It is the first time we have all been together since the beginning of March. The 4 of us have been isolating for the last 10 days so we can spend Christmas and New Year together. Lots of hugs...it felt to good.

That is the best Christmas. We did manage to see the Grands on skype, but it's not the same as actually seeing them. Merry Christmas, and a Happy, safe New Year when it comes round.
Old Dec 25th 2020, 11:33 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Daughter and Granddaughter came to stay over for Christmas...even though they only live about 50 ft away. It is the first time we have all been together since the beginning of March. The 4 of us have been isolating for the last 10 days so we can spend Christmas and New Year together. Lots of hugs...it felt to good.

So happy to read that Jg.

It's been pretty quiet for us here, which suits me... sort of... we've spent a large chunk of today on Skype vid calls with friends and family all over the planet.

It's very definitely not the same kind of Christmas celebration as has been in recent years past, but one big bonus has to be that there's much less washing up after the meal.
Old Dec 26th 2020, 12:01 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Just steveq, myself and the 2 q boys. In some ways nice to be just us and no pressure to have the meal ready for when others have been told what time it would be happening, so we were later than expected sitting down to eat. My mum and my daughter and grandchildren are all back in the UK so not seeing them in person is the norm here. Next year will almost certainly include more people again.

Last edited by lizzyq; Dec 26th 2020 at 12:05 am.
Old Dec 26th 2020, 10:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas dinner - turkey with all the trimmings - is a bit of a marathon to prepare; all its parts being prepared in various ways, making sure there's room in the oven for that bit, the actifry for this bit, putting those things on at whatever time so it's all ready at the same time.

We all know this of course, but maybe it's not so appreciated until you do something much simpler.

I had bought some vacuum packed duck leg confit previously and it was really very good, if a tad expensive. So I did it again but we also had a bit of beef tenderloin steak, roast spuds/carrots and green beans,

Apart from preparing the spuds earlier to soak - leaching out potassium - I didn't start until half an hour from eating time.

A great meal, oozing with taste and tender meat but almost like a non-event in terms of preparing and cooking.

OMG - looking at the picture above, we forgot the Christmas crackers. They're on top of the fridge. That's what was missing.

Last edited by BristolUK; Dec 26th 2020 at 10:18 am.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 5:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

We're having Christmas (Turkey) dinner on Sunday (Easter) and I needed some parsnips among other things. Just remembered in time that the supermarkets won't be open Friday, so thought get Instacart to deliver Saturday.

Strangely the website offered Sunday and not Saturday but Walmart is open Saturday, not Sunday. I can't order for Sunday assuming they really mean Saturday and then not get what's needed.

So I've done it for today.