Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Childhood memories and other stuff.

Childhood memories and other stuff.

Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:04 pm
Banned

Winston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Childhood memories and other stuff.

Setting fire to the carpet store

Playing on the dump along with dead cats and dogs, broken cars and jazz mags

Getting called over by 2 giggling girls at primary school, to be pointed to some bloke exposing himself in the bushes behind the playground fence

Following a tramp down our high street for what seemed like miles, to see where he lived. Never did find out.

Playing in primary school friends bedrooms and discovering their piss buckets under the bed. In the afternoon?!?!?!

Scraping some chewing gum off the floor with the heel of your shoe. Then spitting out the dirt and little bits of gravel for the first few chews. It was then officialy germ free and safe.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:09 pm
Banned

Winston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura aboutWinston Smith has a spectacular aura about

And who ever had all that shit just hanging around the house for the craft toys they'd make on Blue Peter?!?!?

" All you need is" Two empty washing up liquid containers, an empty corn flakes cereal packet, some double sided cellotape, a ball of string, a dozen clothes pegs, some grease proof paper, an old marmalade jar, 4 cotton sewing thread reels and some silver paint. and you can make this great spaceship, well I NEVER had any of that shit hanging around my house?!?!?!

Last edited by Winston Smith; Dec 12th 2011 at 10:24 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sitting on the mother's lap when I was about 2, whilst on a bus on the Isle of Wight and having severe diarrhea. Earliest memory. My sister walking me home from school and laughing when I rang smack into a tree. Wading to school in two foot of snow and it being open. Getting a cassette recorder for christmas, I was so excited. Waking up in winter and having a nylon nightie stuck to me and hair on end because of the pink nylon fitted sheets. Peering into the little red power light on the radio and thinking I could see the people making the music inside. Sing Something Simple on the Light Channel on a Sunday evening.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 10:05 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Is that you Rushman?
Old Dec 12th 2011, 10:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown View Post
Is that you Rushman?
Not unless he's grown boobs.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Setting fire to the carpet store

Playing on the dump along with dead cats and dogs, broken cars and jazz mags

Getting called over by 2 giggling girls at primary school, to be pointed to some bloke exposing himself in the bushes behind the playground fence

Following a tramp down our high street for what seemed like miles, to see where he lived. Never did find out.

Playing in primary school friends bedrooms and discovering their piss buckets under the bed. In the afternoon?!?!?!

Scraping some chewing gum off the floor with the heel of your shoe. Then spitting out the dirt and little bits of gravel for the first few chews. It was then officialy germ free and safe.
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Sitting on the mother's lap when I was about 2, whilst on a bus on the Isle of Wight and having severe diarrhea. Earliest memory. My sister walking me home from school and laughing when I rang smack into a tree. Wading to school in two foot of snow and it being open. Getting a cassette recorder for christmas, I was so excited. Waking up in winter and having a nylon nightie stuck to me and hair on end because of the pink nylon fitted sheets. Peering into the little red power light on the radio and thinking I could see the people making the music inside. Sing Something Simple on the Light Channel on a Sunday evening.

Sitting in front of the new "magic" fire my father had brought home - chanting "go red" over and over, until it finally glowed and heated the room. Magical indeed after years of coal fires and paraffin heaters.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown View Post
Is that you Rushman?
Unless he's got a brother ....
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The penny game where you throw them up against a wall, closest wings the hand...when we got flush it went all the way up to 10p
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:43 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-skateboards, we'd put an old comic annual on a roller skate, sit on it and ride down the hill.

Going down the rec', on the swings, swinging as high as we possibly could, then launch ourselves, to see who could travel the furthest.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Being excited when you got the Blue Peter Annual for Chrimbo.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
And who ever had all that shit just hanging around the house for the craft toys they'd make on Blue Peter?!?!?

" All you need is" Two empty washing up liquid containers, an empty corn flakes cereal packet, some double sided cellotape, a ball of string, a dozen clothes pegs, some grease proof paper, an old marmalade jar, 4 cotton sewing thread reels and some silver paint. and you can make this great spaceship, well I NEVER had any of that shit hanging around my house?!?!?!
My mother never used Fairy Liquid so we couldn't make rockets or castle turrets as the palmolive bottle wasnt the right shape :\

Corona fizzy pop, my brother and i could never agree on a flavour so mum would choose for us, once she got peach flavour which made us all sick.

Sindy dolls, babie was all new and American, home made clothes for the Sindy doll, I don't know how my mother ever had the patience to knit those outfits.

Dad being on strike *again* and getting a bar of chocolate and a satsuma for Christmas because they were broke.

Dad going on strike just as he'd taken the spare parts from my 'new' bike to work to be chromed so was given it for my birthday instead. I was the only kid around with a bike in the all new fashionable 'black tulip' colour.

Tony ice cream stopping right outside our door and not having any pocket money left to pay of an icey.

Being bought home by the local plod PC Green when we got caught riding 2 up on my bike through the local shopping precinct.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

As a child I loved watching this show. As an adult, it scares the hell out of me. Whatever the creators were on, I'd like some please.

Old Dec 13th 2011, 9:26 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Pre-skateboards, we'd put an old comic annual on a roller skate, sit on it and ride down the hill.
And me, we had a road at the bottom of the hill, which made it interesting.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:03 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Inventing and playing street games with the neighbourhood (housing scheme/estate) kids...all before TV.

The dog meat man - drove around in van selling kangaroo meat for pet dogs !

Watch with Mother, Hot Chestnut man (Johnny ??) etc
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:32 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday morning pictures.
Collecting shrapnel when I walked my dog before school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.