Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Celeb interviews

Celeb interviews

Old Aug 5th 2020, 11:02 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celeb interviews

My Dad the Spy

Coups, lies, dirty tricks: The Police's Stewart Copeland on his CIA agent father
The drummer was brought up in the Middle East – not realising that his father Miles was a spy sent to destabilise the region. But, he says, it was Miles’s claim that the Police were a psy-ops outfit that upset Sting....

It must have been uncomfortable sometimes. In that 1986 interview Miles said: “My complaint has been that the CIA isn’t overthrowing enough anti-American governments or assassinating enough anti-American leaders, but I guess I’m getting old.” Given that the Police were about to headline Amnesty International’s Conspiracy of Hope tour, wasn’t that a bit awkward?
Old Aug 6th 2020, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

My brother was a spy yeah he was always under the covers
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 11:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if ever I tell anybody that I’ve been a fighter pilot in Star Wars, they go wild.
Celia Imrie

Better Things might be worth looking out for.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 11:05 am
Oscar nominated

Not quite an interview but it's close.
Lennon and Bowie
“He was terrified of meeting John Lennon,” says Visconti, who was asked by Bowie to accompany him and “buffer the situation”. He added: About one in the morning I knocked on the door and for about the next two hours, John Lennon and David weren’t speaking to each other. Instead, David was sitting on the floor with an art pad and a charcoal and he was sketching things and he was completely ignoring Lennon. So, after about two hours of that, he [John] finally said to David, ‘Rip that pad in half and give me a few sheets. I want to draw you.’ So David said, ‘Oh, that’s a good idea’, and he finally opened up. So John started making caricatures of David, and David started doing the same of John and they kept swapping them and then they started laughing and that broke the ice.
As a T Rex fan I knew that Tony Visconti was their record producer. I was always a bit embarrassed that he was married to Mary Hopkin.
Those were the days.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 12:00 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Not quite an interview but it's close.
Lennon and Bowie

As a T Rex fan I knew that Tony Visconti was their record producer. I was always a bit embarrassed that he was married to Mary Hopkin.
Those were the days.
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye....
Old Jan 10th 2021, 12:18 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I had to look that one up.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 1:59 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I had to look that one up.
I only ever remember her singing that one and Those were the Days.
I kind of wish I didn’t remember either because they are in my head now
Old Jan 10th 2021, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Celeb interviews

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Hello goodbye?
Old Jan 10th 2021, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hello goodbye?
You say hello and I'll say goodbye
Old Jan 11th 2021, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello hello, ma hope you are good and the old man feels a lot better now .
Old Jan 11th 2021, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hello hello, ma hope you are good and the old man feels a lot better now .
Thanks Eck. All good here right now. Just patiently bidding our time until we can resume normality!

Hope you have your meds and shots in order now
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:55 am
Oscar nominated

Elizabeth Perkins on luck, sexism and Big’s love scene: ‘It would not be acceptable today’
Given how switched-on Perkins is, it seems like the right moment to ask how she feels about Big. The film, in which a boy makes a wish on a Zoltar funfair machine and wakes up the next morning as an adult, is brilliant and beloved – and also weird and wrong. If, like me, you grew up watching it over and over again, you loved it for the possibility that adulthood would contain apartments with trampolines and Pepsi machines; now, you watch it and think: there is Susan (Perkins’ character), a thirtysomething executive, about to have sex with Josh (Hanks), who is really a 13-year-old boy.

“Oh, I know. I’ve been called a paedophile,” she says with a chuckle. Then her voice becomes more serious. “You know, I get it. The only thing I can say is it was a different time. It was the 80s; it was not viewed through that lens and I get that it is being viewed through that lens now.” It wouldn’t be made today in the same way, would it? “I don’t think that scene …” She is referring to the bedroom encounter in which Josh puts his hand on Susan’s breast and it is implied that they are about to have sex. It wouldn’t happen now, she says.

Were there any concerns at the time? “If you look at it in the movie, it was sort of used as a joke. Here he is the next morning, the elevator door opens and he bounces out like: ‘Wow, I just had my first sexual experience.’” He was – properly, this time, it implied – now a man. “It was a setup for a joke that today would not be acceptable.”

Poor Susan – she could not look more horrified when Josh turns back into his 13-year-old self.
All I can say is thank goodness it was made when it was.
  • Susan : I'm not so sure we should do this.

Josh : Do what?

Susan : Well, I like you, and I want to spend the night with you.

Josh : Do you mean sleep over?

Susan : Well, yeah.

Josh : OK... but I get to be on top.
    (meaning the top bunk )

And
Scotty Brennen : See that girl over there in the red? Say "hi" to her and she's yours. She'll have her legs around you so tight you'll be begging for mercy.
Josh : Well, I'll stay away from her, then.