Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me how this one works???

Can anyone tell me how this one works???

Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:56 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Can anyone tell me how this one works???

http://trunks.secondfoundation.org/files/psychic.swf
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:58 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how this one works???

Your 'chosen' number will actually always be a multiple of 9. Take a look at all the symbols associated with each multiple of 9.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syllk
Your 'chosen' number will actually always be a multiple of 9. Take a look at all the symbols associated with each multiple of 9.
rubbish,

I think it's just magic.

Novita, It's a magic website.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:03 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry syllk , i must be thick ... but 8 or 11 is not multiply of 9 isn't it?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:04 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by Manc
rubbish,

I think it's just magic.

there must be a logical explanation ...

somebody on BE must be able to explain this ... otherwise i cant go to sleep
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
there must be a logical explanation
magic!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:09 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

there must be a logical explanation ...

somebody on BE must be able to explain this ... otherwise i cant go to sleep

Well it doesn't work for an old cynic like me. You must be pure and true, Novita. I think it only works for people like that.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:10 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

sorry syllk , i must be thick ... but 8 or 11 is not multiply of 9 isn't it?
Take a look at the symbol next to 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72 and 81. Notice anything?

And for your examples
8: not a two-digit number.
11 gives 1+1 = 2. 11-2 = 9

Some more examples:
37 gives 3+7 = 10. 37-10 = 27
49 gives 4+9 = 13. 49-13 = 36
99 gives 9+9 = 18. 99-18 = 81

Pray to the God of Nines, for He has quite a nasty temper and will smite you if you don't believe.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
rubbish,

I think it's just magic.

Please tell me that Santa hosts that website.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:11 pm
semarang

Take a look at the symbol next to 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72 and 81. Notice anything?

And for your examples

Some more examples:

Pray to the God of Nines, for He has quite a nasty temper and will smite you if you don't believe.
clever bugger ....
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:13 pm

clever bugger ....
Didn't want you going without sleep, that's all.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:13 pm
semarang

And for your examples

Some more examples:

sorry ... its me again ... still how did the website knows which number you chose ???
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:17 pm

sorry ... its me again ... still how did the website knows which number you chose ???
It doesn't. If it was really well and truly psychic, why does it not just ask you to think of a number...any number? Why ask for it to be manipulated? It has to do that because it wants you to end up with a number that is a multiple of 9, that's why!

I really don't know how to express it any simpler...I'll try, but failing that, I think you should go with Manc's explanation instead!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:17 pm
@matthewb76

that's the magic bit.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:20 pm
semarang

It doesn't. If it was really well and truly psychic, why does it not just ask you to think of a number...any number? Why ask for it to be manipulated? It has to do that because it wants you to end up with a number that is a multiple of 9, that's why!

I really don't know how to express it any simpler...I'll try, but failing that, I think you should go with Manc's explanation instead!
huh !! I still cant go to sleep then. And i cant accept manc explanation of the magic bit

oh well ...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.