Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Feb 16th 2021, 5:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Must be dreadful to have constant, debilitating pain. I hope the surgery goes well.
Thanks JG. He needs another surgery for a different back problem as well but the neuro said it's too much to do both at once.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 5:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Thanks JG. He needs another surgery for a different back problem as well but the neuro said it's too much to do both at once.
Crickey...poor Scouse.

Old Feb 16th 2021, 6:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good night for you. It couldn't have been an allergic reaction to something you ate/drank?.
Nothing that I don't have regularly except for some liver sausage pate, that I'd also had the night before and a new melon/mango popsicle Saturday morning.

I'll take the sore tongue over the back issue

Old Feb 16th 2021, 6:46 pm
EU and me, happy together

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Nothing that I don't have regularly except for some liver sausage pate, that I'd also had the night before and a new melon/mango popsicle Saturday morning.

Did you get stung / bitten by something in the night?
Old Feb 16th 2021, 6:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Did you get stung / bitten by something in the night?
Not as far as I know. Nobody admits to anything.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 7:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

So probably not an allergy then. Still mention it to your doctor, I'll be asking if you've done it......
Old Feb 16th 2021, 7:13 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Good result in my sister's case, not so good in my brother's. I won't go into the whole saga, only because it's too long, but I think his neurosurgeon was wrong to do the fusion.

It sounds like your mum's didn't go that well so you'll probably be aware of fusions not always being the best, or even the correct, option - no matter what an MRI or CT scan shows. My brother had a lot of leg back as well as lower lumbar, and the neuro fused his spine based on that and his scans. When he was still in as much pain 6 months post-surgery as before, he went to an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed his problem as two absolutely stuffed hips.

He's 3 months post-surgery for one hip replacement and is doing great. Getting the other hip done in 3 months. He's a bit younger than me, 55.

Did your mum's pain never go away, or did it reoccur?
Sounds like your brother's neurosurgeon may have missed something?

No, mum's spinal fuse was fine, and she never looked back (ha ha )
Originally Posted by me in another thread, yonks ago
I only mentioned it as I remember that it brought my mum back to life big time after so, so many years of absolute agonv.