Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Apr 8th 2020, 3:42 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I didn't look to see if these prices are in Canadian or US dollars, but it might save some money In either case.
https://www.pricepropharmacy.com/product/farxiga/
That's interesting. Might be something to look into. Thank you.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:53 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

The report is showing the opinion that aspirin makes little difference to help prevent a FIRST stroke or heart attack or help those at low risk of stroke or heart disease.

However, if you have already had a stroke / TIA or a heart attack then an 8m aspirin daily is still recommended. My old and new Cardiologist, Neurologist and Vascular Surgeon all tell me this.
Context is everything.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:28 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
The report is showing the opinion that aspirin makes little difference to help prevent a FIRST stroke or heart attack or help those at low risk of stroke or heart disease.

However, if you have already had a stroke / TIA or a heart attack then an 8m aspirin daily is still recommended. My old and new Cardiologist, Neurologist and Vascular Surgeon all tell me this.
Context is everything.
No, sample group and parameters are everything.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 7:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post

However, if you have already had a stroke / TIA or a heart attack then an 8m aspirin daily is still recommended.My old and new Cardiologist, Neurologist and Vascular Surgeon all tell me this.
Context is everything.
Sure. But there's a belief that people go on it for no other reason than they've reached 50 and if there's any truth in that then maybe most people are getting it not having the history. Which means the report is contradicting that long standing practice.

That was the context of my post.

Old Apr 9th 2020, 4:08 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
A medicine rant. I take a pill called Farxiga for diabetes control. I have been on it for about a year and I usually get 90 days of pills at a time.When I was working my health insurance covered it and all I paid for 90 days was $15. I need it refilled, first refill since I retired. My Aetna Medicare coverage is $495 for 30 days They told me it should have been $595 so they are saving me $100! The crazy thing is i was also covered by Aetna when i worked and I wrongly assumed all their plans would cover the same medications.
I checked Good Rx and still can't get a lower price. I left a message with the doctor today explaining the situation so i guess i have to see what she suggests!
Update: Nurse called and said they had checked with my Aetna plan and doc would call in a different medicine. I checked with my pharmacy to make sure it was ready for pick up and it was and the total cost for 30 days was $504.33. Insurance did not cover any of it and that price is a discount with Good Rx. The new medicine is Jardiance . This is totally ridiculous. I would try the link to get it from Canada but I'm not sure how long that would take right now. Again I am waiting to see if they can come up with something else.

I hate this system.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 4:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

. I would try the link to get it from Canada but I'm not sure how long that would take right now.
It takes 10-18 business days. However, with the shipping delays, it could take 2-3 weeks longer.
Our prices are in USD

I just checked with someone named Jesse.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 4:38 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Update: Nurse called and said they had checked with my Aetna plan and doc would call in a different medicine. I checked with my pharmacy to make sure it was ready for pick up and it was and the total cost for 30 days was $504.33. Insurance did not cover any of it and that price is a discount with Good Rx. The new medicine is Jardiance . This is totally ridiculous. I would try the link to get it from Canada but I'm not sure how long that would take right now. Again I am waiting to see if they can come up with something else.

I hate this system.
Sounds like a good idea to order now and see if there is any way to expedite delivery.
That's not a system, that's a disease.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:20 pm

It takes 10-18 business days. However, with the shipping delays, it could take 2-3 weeks longer.
Our prices are in USD

I just checked with someone named Jesse.
Thanks for that.
I have taken my last pill today so if the doctor doesn't come up with anything affordable I may have to pay the full amount this month and order it online for the future months.
This should not be so complicated. And it certainly shouldn't cost me as much as a car note each month!
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.
I have taken my last pill today so if the doctor doesn't come up with anything affordable I may have to pay the full amount this month and order it online for the future months.
This should not be so complicated. And it certainly shouldn't cost me as much as a car note each month!
be very careful where you order from...lots of online sites sell fake/out of date/meds not stored correctly. I’m sure you are aware of that though.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.
That company was just a random first from my search so you'll want to check around, and hopefully find something good.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
be very careful where you order from...lots of online sites sell fake/out of date/meds not stored correctly. I’m sure you are aware of that though.
That company was just a random first from my search so you'll want to check around, and hopefully find something good.
Thanks guys.

I have a good friend that orders online. I will find out which one she uses.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:01 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

I hate this system.
I trust that you have already asked them to prescribe under the generic and not the brand name if possible?
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
I trust that you have already asked them to prescribe under the generic and not the brand name if possible?
They are relatively new drugs. There is no generic yet.

I started out on Metformin but unfortunately I had a very bad reaction , It caused Lactic Acidosis and I became quite ill. So now I have to have a different format and it is hard to find, apparantly!

Last edited by Sugarmooma; Apr 9th 2020 at 9:12 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate this system.
Sorry your having such a hard time getting the medication you need, its a crummy system for sure. No need for medications to cost that much in the US beyond greed of the system.

Why does a medication that costs $88 in Canada (where I am in BC anyhow) cost $500+ in the US, its just a ridiculousness system isn't it.

I hope you find a solution, been there before not being able to afford medication in the US, have you checked with the maker to see if they offer any savings programs?

Old Apr 10th 2020, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Sorry your having such a hard time getting the medication you need, its a crummy system for sure. No need for medications to cost that much in the US beyond greed of the system.

Why does a medication that costs $88 in Canada (where I am in BC anyhow) cost $500+ in the US, its just a ridiculousness system isn't it.

I hope you find a solution, been there before not being able to afford medication in the US, have you checked with the maker to see if they offer any savings programs?
They do offer a saving card. If you are eligible and apply for it then you can get the medicine for as low as $15 to $50. As I am now 65 and have Aetna Medicare I am not eligible to apply.
The doctors office did not get back to me and as it is Good Friday tomorrow I'm not sure if I will hear from them now until Monday. If so I will have to pay out for the pending prescription at the pharmacy. I am going to see if I can just pay for 1 weeks worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.