Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Mar 20th 2020, 11:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Quite fascinating using this Revitive Medic machine.
The electrical pulses make one of my big toes raise up and down, slowly or quickly according to the strength of the pulse.

Two weeks of daily use now. For me it's helped keep swelling down. I am almost permanently aware of my ankle bones instead of just on getting up in the mornings.

My MIL says she moves more easily and it occurred to me that I haven't heard her uneven footsteps lately. She limps from time to time (broke ankle 3 years ago)...hopefully no more now.

Stepdaughter has something she describes as feeling sore like an ingrowing toenail but isn't. It doesn't feel sore now. And feet not so tired.

Stepson shows no improvement at all. Probably because he doesn't use it and has no reason to do so.

Last edited by BristolUK; Mar 20th 2020 at 11:21 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 11:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
The electrical pulses make one of my big toes raise up and down, slowly or quickly according to the strength of the pulse.

Two weeks of daily use now. For me it's helped keep swelling down. I am almost permanently aware of my ankle bones instead of just on getting up in the mornings.

My MIL says she moves more easily and it occurred to me that I haven't heard her uneven footsteps lately. She limps from time to time (broke ankle 3 years ago)...hopefully no more now.

Stepdaughter has something she describes as feeling sore like an ingrowing toenail but isn't. It doesn't feel sore now.

Stepson shows no improvement at all. Probably because he doesn't use it and has no reason to do so.
i have a Dr Ho’s machine that I use on my back and neck from time to time. It really does help. Daughter bought me One of those shaker machines Christmas before last. You stand on it and it vibrates at varying speeds to suit. I find that is quite good to...it gets the body moving.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 20th 2020 at 11:26 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 11:35 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Yeah it is, I was never fussed with getting anything fixed really, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't cancer. So I am happy camper now and can stop worrying.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 12:32 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Stepdaughter has something she describes as feeling sore like an ingrowing toenail but isn't. It doesn't feel sore now. And feet not so tired.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
i have a Dr Ho’s machine that I use on my back and neck from time to time. It really does help. Daughter bought me One of those shaker machines Christmas before last. You stand on it and it vibrates at varying speeds to suit. I find that is quite good to...it gets the body moving.
Yes and yes.

Good stuff (and keep it up).
Old Mar 24th 2020, 5:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Make your minds up department.

New guidelines advise against taking Aspirin to prevent heart disease, first stroke.
A new guideline from Heart and Stroke Foundation says a daily dose of Aspirin could do more harm than good for those at low risk of stroke or heart disease

The recommendations published Monday in the Canadian Medical Association Journal say acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) should not be taken as a preventive measure for those who do not have a history of stroke, heart or vascular disease.

That's a major shift from the decades-old practice calling for a daily, low dose of ASA
Old Mar 24th 2020, 6:26 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

This seems a slightly irresponsible article.

Anyone with half a brain knows there is no such thing as a "silver bullet", but lowering blood's clotting ability seeems a good idea.
Equally, most people know that Aspirin can cause gastric bleeding.

The point is, if there is any evidence of gastric bleeding, you can stop taking Aspirin and the symptom disappears (if it is due to Aspirin).

So, the issue here is the claim that it had no significant effect on the likelyhood of a first stroke or heart attack.
I would want to see the sample population and the parameters selected in this survey..... because both can affect the oucome, and I'd want to see further experiments, under strictly controlled cpnditions, before I cast doubt on an accepted practice. With my psych hat on, the influence of individual variation and non-specificity would need to be minimised.

The key take-out for me is at the end of the article:
<<Miguel Cainzos Achirica, a cardiologist and researcher at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, said despite all the bad press around Aspirin recently, scientists still believe it can play a role in preventing cardiovascular events for some people."We just need to learn which patients are going to benefit from Aspirin and get no harm or the smallest harm possible," he said.

"We don't think this is the death of Aspirin.">>
Old Apr 8th 2020, 2:26 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

A medicine rant. I take a pill called Farxiga for diabetes control. I have been on it for about a year and I usually get 90 days of pills at a time.When I was working my health insurance covered it and all I paid for 90 days was $15. I need it refilled, first refill since I retired. My Aetna Medicare coverage is $495 for 30 days They told me it should have been $595 so they are saving me $100! The crazy thing is i was also covered by Aetna when i worked and I wrongly assumed all their plans would cover the same medications.
I checked Good Rx and still can't get a lower price. I left a message with the doctor today explaining the situation so i guess i have to see what she suggests!
Old Apr 8th 2020, 2:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
A medicine rant. I take a pill called Farxiga for diabetes control. I have been on it for about a year and I usually get 90 days of pills at a time.When I was working my health insurance covered it and all I paid for 90 days was $15. I need it refilled, first refill since I retired. My Aetna Medicare coverage is $495 for 30 days They told me it should have been $595 so they are saving me $100! The crazy thing is i was also covered by Aetna when i worked and I wrongly assumed all their plans would cover the same medications.
I checked Good Rx and still can't get a lower price. I left a message with the doctor today explaining the situation so i guess i have to see what she suggests!
Bloody Hell.

after I’ve paid approx $100 per year for meds...the rest are at no cost.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 2:38 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Hell.

Jeez..... I complain at having to collect my free medications
Old Apr 8th 2020, 3:09 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Hell.

Everything else I take is free except when I am on Carafate for my ulcers and that is anywhere from $60 to $75 on Good Rx. Aetna Medicare doesn't cover that either.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Jeez..... I complain at having to collect my free medications
I need to move back to Suffolk!
Old Apr 8th 2020, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Jesus.

Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:48 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't look to see if these prices are in Canadian or US dollars, but it might save some money In either case.
https://www.pricepropharmacy.com/product/farxiga/
Old Apr 8th 2020, 1:05 pm
Resident Cynic

I need to move back to Suffolk!
Of course, you might find the things you're used to aren't on the NICE list, so you'd still have to pay.... if you can even get them.

But generally, I don't think anyone loses out on any but the most marginal medications for their complaint..... and all free to the Over 60s.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
This seems a slightly irresponsible article.

Anyone with half a brain knows there is no such thing as a "silver bullet", but lowering blood's clotting ability seeems a good idea.
Equally, most people know that Aspirin can cause gastric bleeding.

The point is, if there is any evidence of gastric bleeding, you can stop taking Aspirin and the symptom disappears (if it is due to Aspirin).

So, the issue here is the claim that it had no significant effect on the likelyhood of a first stroke or heart attack.
I would want to see the sample population and the parameters selected in this survey..... because both can affect the oucome, and I'd want to see further experiments, under strictly controlled cpnditions, before I cast doubt on an accepted practice. With my psych hat on, the influence of individual variation and non-specificity would need to be minimised.

The key take-out for me is at the end of the article:
<<Miguel Cainzos Achirica, a cardiologist and researcher at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, said despite all the bad press around Aspirin recently, scientists still believe it can play a role in preventing cardiovascular events for some people."We just need to learn which patients are going to benefit from Aspirin and get no harm or the smallest harm possible," he said.

"We don't think this is the death of Aspirin.">>
Hi mac Ramipril bisoprolol and sintrom works for me with other drugs all at very reasonable prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.