Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Mar 2nd 2020, 6:17 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Had my review of routine bloodwork Friday. Told the doc that I had no strength in my legs for cycling and needed to stop and rest from 10 minutes walking.

He's referred me for circulation exam - not had one since 2012.

The clinic at the hospital called today, Monday, with an appointment in two weeks.
Have you tried one of those foot massage machines? Kind of thing once advertised on UK TV by none other than Sir Ian Botham.
It stimulates circulation, as does the machine.

I got mine after indulging in some off-grid chat with Fred Starter, it helped me build leg strength up quite quickly.

I've been using it again on the past few evenings as I'm walking less than usual due to the incredibly crap weather here of late.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 6:24 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Bloods came back - all OK, except I need to increase my Levothyroxine from bugger all to almost nothing (25μg to 50μg)......

I'm now in a slightly worrysome time in my post-op monitoring...... all OK up to now, but my next CT scan is not until Spring 2021 to be followed by a colonoscopy in the Autumn (if I'm lucky, eh?). Given that my cancer evolved over just 2 years, from nothing on one screening to Stage 2 aggressive on the next, I've been comforted by 6-monthly checks up until now. Of course, they say "But you can always ring if you notice any symptoms" - except (read my notes) I showed no symptoms when the cancer was diagnosed.......

That phrase from The Winter’s Tale plays on a loop in my head "I have drunk, and seen the spider."
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 6:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Bloods came back - all OK, except I need to increase my Levothyroxine from bugger all to almost nothing (25μg to 50μg)......

I'm now in a slightly worrysome time in my post-op monitoring...... all OK up to now, but my next CT scan is not until Spring 2021 to be followed by a colonoscopy in the Autumn (if I'm lucky, eh?). Given that my cancer evolved over just 2 years, from nothing on one screening to Stage 2 aggressive on the next, I've been comforted by 6-monthly checks up until now. Of course, they say "But you can always ring if you notice any symptoms" - except (read my notes) I showed no symptoms when the cancer was diagnosed.......

That phrase from The Winter’s Tale plays on a loop in my head "I have drunk, and seen the spider."

You could pretend to have a symptom in six months.......
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

CT getting done later today, hopefully my doctor will have the results within a few days, I have an appointment on Monday to review the results with her, but if its something of urgent concern she will call normally.

I sometimes wish I could just pay the GP for an hour long visit, I have several things I need to discuss but too many to do in the 10 minutes allotted, so ends up taking weeks to discuss everything, would be nice to be able to discuss everything within 1 visit.

I need to discuss the CT results, and why my leg is hurting more and more.
Stomach aches, dull ache on left side, and sharp shooting pains on right side that comes and goes, the left side dull ache has been bothering me since September but the doctors I saw then brushed it off as nothing, but now the right side actually hurts when it goes off, plus loss of appetite, and a few other symptoms I wont mention.
Why my nails are becoming so brittle suddenly.
These little bumps developing on my face that are not pimples, and not going away.
Acid reflux issues that are getting worse, even water causes it.

That is at least 4 different visits needed at minimum.

Getting old is the pits.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Mar 2nd 2020 at 7:25 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 10:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Have you tried one of those foot massage machines? Kind of thing once advertised on UK TV by none other than Sir Ian Botham.
It stimulates circulation, as does the machine.

I got mine after indulging in some off-grid chat with Fred Starter, it helped me build leg strength up quite quickly.

I've been using it again on the past few evenings as I'm walking less than usual due to the incredibly crap weather here of late.
My MIL keeps mentioning one. Maybe I could go halves with her.

Old Mar 2nd 2020, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

CT done.

now someone invent a gown that actually closes correctly.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 11:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
CT done. now someone invent a gown that actually closes correctly.
"Southern exposure"
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
"Southern exposure"
You'd think they could just have I dunno one that slips over your head like a big shirt for out patient stuff, no need for the typical style really for many of the out patient procedures.

or provide scrub bottoms instead, not like they moved the gown to do the CT so don't see why scrub bottoms wouldn't work just as well.

I think they often get robotic with the questions, usual to make sure they have right person, name, birthday, GP, but first time I have ever been asked if I was pregnant.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 12:40 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think they could just have I dunno one that slips over your head like a big shirt for out patient stuff, no need for the typical style really for many of the out patient procedures.

or provide scrub bottoms instead, not like they moved the gown to do the CT so don't see why scrub bottoms wouldn't work just as well.

I think they often get robotic with the questions, usual to make sure they have right person, name, birthday, GP, but first time I have ever been asked if I was pregnant.
These days.........
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 1:32 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

CT done.

now someone invent a gown that actually closes correctly.
Crack in the back?
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Crack in the back?
You got it, I don't know if anyone can get those things closed...

Upside didn't need any contrast, I hate that stuff.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 4:57 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You got it, I don't know if anyone can get those things closed...

Upside didn't need any contrast, I hate that stuff.
I hear you - makes you feel like the soles of your feet are on fire and you need to pee!

You get a good result from the scan.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 5:00 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
I hear you - makes you feel like the soles of your feet are on fire and you need to pee!

You get a good result from the scan.
Normally, the reaction is that it feels like you've peed yourself - normally short lived - but last time it lasted two days!!
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 5:19 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
So one problem relieved by the other then.
Old Mar 6th 2020, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

CT scan results are in, but my GP isn't there this week so she hasn't reviewed them, hoping next week she will be back.

I did see a walk in doctor about my stomach issues, she told me just to wait for my GP, so its very frustrating as my stomach is really bothering me these days, but its not an emergency, so kind of stuck until GP comes back and I can get in and see her.

Times like this is when I wish I could go to the US and just self pay, bet anything it would have been solved by now, its a costly system in the US, but it does work quicker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.