Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Jan 9th 2020, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Finally got the CT appointment, early April, so referral to appointment about a 5 month wait.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I asked scouse to have a look at a lump on my back, I only noticed it yesterday, about the size of a 5c piece and bloody painful. He told me it was a boil, I told him I don't get boils thankyouverymuch. I've never had a boil in my life!

Anyway, I felt quite off last night and today, slept for most of it. No food, which isn't like me The lump's gone down a fair bit now, about the size of a pea. Scouse's latest medical opinion is 'something bit you'. I'm inclined to agree, it's dead centre of my back where my bra strap sits. I suspect a spider got in there while I was sitting outside yesterday. If I find it, I'll tell it off.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I asked scouse to have a look at a lump on my back, I only noticed it yesterday, about the size of a 5c piece and bloody painful. He told me it was a boil, I told him I don't get boils thankyouverymuch. I've never had a boil in my life!

Anyway, I felt quite off last night and today, slept for most of it. No food, which isn't like me The lump's gone down a fair bit now, about the size of a pea. Scouse's latest medical opinion is 'something bit you'. I'm inclined to agree, it's dead centre of my back where my bra strap sits. I suspect a spider got in there while I was sitting outside yesterday. If I find it, I'll tell it off.

It wasn't that spider that Steve English let go the other day was it? It's on the smile thread.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:31 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It wasn't that spider that Steve English let go the other day was it? It's on the smile thread.
That big one? Could've unhooked her bra. I'm amazed how those BE'rs on the underside of the earth manage to appreciate and carefully remove vermin like snakes and spiders from harm. I'd be tempted to go a shootin' and a stompin', and a sweepin' and a binnin', and maybe a flushin' too.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
That big one? Could've unhooked her bra. I'm amazed how those BE'rs on the underside of the earth manage to appreciate and carefully remove vermin like snakes and spiders from harm. I'd be tempted to go a shootin' and a stompin', and a sweepin' and a binnin', and maybe a flushin' too.
I suspect the snakes and spiders may actually be running the show, and the humans are the servants.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No, we don't have funnel webs on this side of the continent, thank heavens.

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
All snakes are protected in Oz, you can't kill them unless they're threatening a life. You just learn to avoid them, it's fairly easy. Spiders, on the other hand..... Most are harmless, and the other sort are harmless unless they bite you

I suspect the snakes and spiders may actually be running the show, and the humans are the servants.
I think you're right, that's why they pass the word around when they find a place like Steve's. They know they'll be looked after (and I wish more people would relocate instead of kill)
Old Jan 12th 2020, 3:05 pm

No, we don't have funnel webs on this side of the continent, thank heavens.

All snakes are protected in Oz, you can't kill them unless they're threatening a life. You just learn to avoid them, it's fairly easy. Spiders, on the other hand..... Most are harmless, and the other sort are harmless unless they bite you

I think you're right, that's why they pass the word around when they find a place like Steve's. They know they'll be looked after (and I wish more people would relocate instead of kill)

Yes, I'm not one of life's spider squashers. Species have to learn to live with each other for the most part, although having to check the bathroom for Black Widows in Mexico was a bit much, and I have been stung twice by the spiders' cousins, the scorpions.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 3:13 pm
Concierge

Yes, I'm not one of life's spider squashers. Species have to learn to live with each other for the most part, although having to check the bathroom for Black Widows in Mexico was a bit much, and I have been stung twice by the spiders' cousins, the scorpions.
Neither of those two things sound like fun, especially being stung by scorpions. Did the stings make you very ill? I reckon you're pretty wonderful to have not turned into a spider squasher after those experiences! Or at least a 'can of insect killer at the ready' person.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 3:40 pm

Neither of those two things sound like fun, especially being stung by scorpions. Did the stings make you very ill? I reckon you're pretty wonderful to have not turned into a spider squasher after those experiences! Or at least a 'can of insect killer at the ready' person.
Scorpions come in various formats, and these were just the little brownish ones that aren't really dangerous unless you are an infant, very old, or allergic. They are painful, but that's about it for most people. I took an antihistamine and drank the milk given to me (Mexican rural "remedy", something to do with alkaline substances) and that was that really. You can't kill all the spiders/scorpions even if you wanted to. Best to just learn how to avoid getting stung. In my case, although I had shaken out my clothes before putting them on I hadn't done it well enough - both times the scorpions were hiding inside the leg of my jeans.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 3:48 pm
Concierge

Scorpions come in various formats, and these were just the little brownish ones that aren't really dangerous unless you are an infant, very old, or allergic. They are painful, but that's about it for most people. I took an antihistamine and drank the milk given to me (Mexican rural "remedy", something to do with alkaline substances) and that was that really. You can't kill all the spiders/scorpions even if you wanted to. Best to just learn how to avoid getting stung. In my case, although I had shaken out my clothes before putting them on I hadn't done it well enough - both times the scorpions were hiding inside the leg of my jeans.
The little brown scorpion's venom sounds about the same as the red-back spider's, not usually fatal except to the groups you mention. I'm glad the stings didn't make you ill.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 3:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Me a mate and my younger brother were larking about once and climbing a tree. Suddenly we hear yelling and my brother is being swarmed by wasps.

We'd obviously just walked through a ground nest and luckily for me they came out after. We yelled at him to come out of the patch of grass and took him to a nearby phonebox so he could remove his outer clothes to get rid of those inside them.

Crazy idea, really. I mean a phone box made of clear glass is hardly private
Old Jan 17th 2020, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

My GP is trying to get the CT done earlier for my leg, not sure if she will succeed but she isn't happy my appointment is so long away.

Old Jan 20th 2020, 9:19 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

For the past four nights I've woken up at precisely 3.17 a.m.
Different bed times, different food / drink before turning-in, even in different beds at different locations........
And in the half-hour before dropping off again, I imagine moving between alternative dimension/s.

Old Jan 20th 2020, 1:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Different bed times, different food / drink before turning-in, even in different beds at different locations........
And in the half-hour before dropping off again, I imagine moving between alternative dimension/s.
I just googled 3.17 and there are loads of biblical references.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 11:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
If you want a tree hugging yoga type answer, here it is! I'm not a believer in this stuff but hey, who knows.

In order to breathe the body has to be relaxed, so waking up during this time could indicate a blockage or inability to go with the flow and relax into the direction that life is taking you.

The lungs also symbolise where we process grief and sadness, so if you have been feeling emotional you may also wake around this time.
https://foreverconscious.com/waking-...me-every-night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.