Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Dec 17th 2019, 5:40 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Unfortunately it was very sedate. Shortbread and fine china tea cups and not a drop or crumb was spilled. My hair looks ok too

Thanks, I'm getting the lower dose ones tomorrow so that should sort it for now. And I've reached the prescription threshold so they'll be free
Well that's disappointing! I was looking forward to watching you provide us with entertainment. I love you dearly but I think that behaving well was a little selfish of you .

I had my hair done today too.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I wish I could make a little hole in my abdomem and take a peek to see whats going on inside, something is but its outsmarting the doctors. Lol
Old Dec 17th 2019, 12:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Well that's disappointing! I was looking forward to watching you provide us with entertainment. I love you dearly but I think that behaving well was a little selfish of you .

I had my hair done today too.
I agree, I was a bit disappointed in myself

I hope you had a head massage too, that's the best bit.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if the pain in my abdomen could be diverticulitis, I have most of the symptoms, and a few websites say the pain is most common on left lower side and can come and go which is exactly where I feel the pain lower left.

Started in September slight burning sensation that would come and go and now I have actual pain but it still comes and goes, last night it hurt so bad at one point I almost went to the ER but it subsided.

Its not usual pain I get with IBS so I dont think its related to that but who knows. GP doesnt seemed concerned or even interested in investigating further as all the tests she did came back normal.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 11:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I wonder if the pain in my abdomen could be diverticulitis, I have most of the symptoms, and a few websites say the pain is most common on left lower side and can come and go which is exactly where I feel the pain lower left.

Started in September slight burning sensation that would come and go and now I have actual pain but it still comes and goes, last night it hurt so bad at one point I almost went to the ER but it subsided.

Its not usual pain I get with IBS so I dont think its related to that but who knows. GP doesnt seemed concerned or even interested in investigating further as all the tests she did came back normal.
It could be, diverticulitis seems to go with IBS quite frequently. Have you had a colonoscopy?
Old Dec 18th 2019, 11:14 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Some 10 years ago my Doctor took an (inspired) guess that I had diverticulitis - & treated it with antibiotics, which worked a treat (no recurrence so far).
Old Dec 18th 2019, 11:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A few months ago I was in agony sitting on the loo for about an hour. Won't go into details but I decided hospital was the way to go. Got the pain under control and had a colonoscopy. Diverticulitis was diagnosed. A small change in diet and I've been fine with no pain or grumbles since. If a doctor can organise a Colonoscopy you'd either have a simple fix or something else to rule out.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 11:42 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Fibre, Justin, fibre! Or is it fiber over there?
Old Dec 18th 2019, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes fiber is the answer but not if the sigmoid colon has become very inflamed...it needs to recover. If so a clear diet is best Jello, clear broth.

J go to the docs now. I had diverticulitis and within 2 years had 18” of my colon removed.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have an appointment coming up so will bring it up with her, might be nothing but clearly something going on inside me.

I think I am getting sick, woke up fine this morning, went out, did a little walk, we took a drive, we got home around 2pm and now I feel miserable, no fever but last time I felt this way it was the flu, so I have a feeling I might be getting it again.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Yes fiber is the answer but not if the sigmoid colon has become very inflamed...it needs to recover. If so a clear diet is best Jello, clear broth.

J go to the docs now. I had diverticulitis and within 2 years had 18” of my colon removed.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I made an error, thought I had a doctor appointment this week, but its the end of next week, so since its not getting better, I will either go to the urgent care or the ER tomorrow, no point really going to a walk in clinic to be told to see my GP and walk in clinic isn't able to do much day before Christmas...lol
Old Dec 24th 2019, 7:26 am
Concierge

I made an error, thought I had a doctor appointment this week, but its the end of next week, so since its not getting better, I will either go to the urgent care or the ER tomorrow, no point really going to a walk in clinic to be told to see my GP and walk in clinic isn't able to do much day before Christmas...lol
I think that's a good idea, if you're in a lot of pain you need to be checked out.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 1:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Why wait...if you need to go to the ER go now!

Last New Year my daughter went to urgent care. She waited for about 6 hours. When she was examined the doctor said abdominal pain patients should go to the ER, not urgent care. She was then sent to the ER.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 2:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Go, don't hang about. Abdominal pain is not to be trifled with, even Christmas trifle.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 2:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...I will either go to the urgent care or the ER tomorrow...
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Last New Year my daughter went to urgent care. She waited for about 6 hours. When she was examined the doctor said abdominal pain patients should go to the ER, not urgent care. She was then sent to the ER.
Urgent care? What's that if it's not ER?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.