Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post

I'm still waiting for the results of my fine needle biopsy, I wish they'd hurry up!
I had one of those once, and it turned out to be nothing but waiting around is the worst. I mean, how long can it take?
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I had one of those once, and it turned out to be nothing but waiting around is the worst. I mean, how long can it take?
Results in 4 days if nothing suspicious is detected, up to two weeks if something looks suss and they need to do further tests on the cells. I'm not so much worried about what the result will be, I just hate not knowing what the result is. Which I admit sounds a bit nonsensical!
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm it’s usually the other way round. If it’s suspicious results are normally much quicker than non urgent results. Mind you, you lot are upside down aren’t you?
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Hmmm it’s usually the other way round. If it’s suspicious results are normally much quicker than non urgent results. Mind you, you lot are upside down aren’t you?

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:01 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Penny (my GP) will ring as soon as she gets any results. I told her she didn't need to do that, but she insisted and she will. Best doctor I've ever had.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The second time, I just felt really angry with the world and everyone it it. Flew into a rage over something ridiculous I read in the news, the rage was so ferocious that I scared myself. Again, all back to sweetness and light once the bloody drugs kicked in again.
I don't recall which of her many meds but there was something that if my wife hadn't taken for a day or so, she got really stroppy about anything. Just like all those times she tried to give up smoking.

They had/have this weird thing here for certain drugs that could be "over limit" - whereby even if the doc had written a script for a year's worth there came a point at which a new script was needed well before time. But there was no advance warning and you'd turn up at the pharmacy to refill only to discover you'd need to see the doc before getting the next batch and there would often be a couple of days without the pill.

This was before online refill procedures that would at least highlight the issue in advance.

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:36 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I don't recall which of her many meds but there was something that if my wife hadn't taken for a day or so, she got really stroppy about anything. Just like all those times she tried to give up smoking.

They had/have this weird thing here for certain drugs that could be "over limit" - whereby even if the doc had written a script for a year's worth there came a point at which a new script was needed well before time. But there was no advance warning and you'd turn up at the pharmacy to refill only to discover you'd need to see the doc before getting the next batch and there would often be a couple of days without the pill.

This was before online refill procedures that would at least highlight the issue in advance.
Doesn't sound like much fun for your wife, or for you. The online refill procedure sounds like a huge improvement
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

What a good doctor. Mine seldom calls even when something is out, need to make an appointment, her office is a cluster you know what. She is also very quick to prescribe medications and not diagnose things quickly as my wife experienced, but we are in the land of lack of GP's so you gotta take who you can get.

I want your doctor.....lol

Penny (my GP) will ring as soon as she gets any results. I told her she didn't need to do that, but she insisted and she will. Best doctor I've ever had.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post

Not very convenient though.

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

No it wouldn't be, would require going to Sydney and connecting, and same going back, hotels, and a few thousand dollars each time..lol

Probably cheaper to find a doctor in Washington if it ever came to that.

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Not very convenient though.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:12 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Having my Hida Scan this morning so I have been fasting since midnight.

My goal today when it is over is to have coffee and try and find a Mars Bar ( to eat) because it seems the right thing to do!
Hope it has gone alright Sugarmooma and that you've managed to lay your hands on a Mars Bar (to eat)
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:16 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Hope it has gone alright Sugarmooma and that you've managed to lay your hands on a Mars Bar (to eat)
What our VS said, Sugarmooma xx
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:16 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Results in 4 days if nothing suspicious is detected, up to two weeks if something looks suss and they need to do further tests on the cells. I'm not so much worried about what the result will be, I just hate not knowing what the result is. Which I admit sounds a bit nonsensical!
Hate waiting around for results. Hope you get good news soon.

Not happy to hear that your hooked on your pain meds. It's easily done. These bloomin' drug and medical product companies. They are both a blessing and a curse.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post

In that case I'm not giving you her full name, because if you contacted her and persuaded her to emigrate to Vancouver I'd have to kill you
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Hate waiting around for results. Hope you get good news soon.

Not happy to hear that your hooked on your pain meds. It's easily done. These bloomin' drug and medical product companies. They are both a blessing and a curse.
Ah thanks chuck. Yes, not a nice feeling to know that you've become dependent on a drug, even if you knew at the time you started taking it that this would probably happen. I'm resigned to the dependency/withdrawal thing now and it's actually given me a bit of a boost to take more care of my body in ways that I can control. Scouse and I have been doing lots of walking and swimming, feeling the benefits already. The new regime may or may not last

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.