Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Nov 27th 2019, 5:49 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post

How do you feel atm? Better?

Everything crossed for a no ulcer outcome.
Feeling better a lot of the time but the pain can still be bad. And as I am home now from today's procedure I know why. All but one ulcer have healed but the largest one is still there, shows a lesion in it and has been bleeding. ( now I know why I have a metallic taste most mornings). Another biopsy taken. With the pain I still have he is still leaning towards a form of Crohns but he also wants a few other tests first. So next week will be blood tests, a Hida Scan to make sure my gall bladder is emptying out ok and then an ultrasound and trays.

Of course I am coming off one yucky med and starting on another yucky one! But I feel it is an improvement over all. Just tired of being uncomfortable.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 5:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Just tired of being uncomfortable.
Well I hope the pain and discomfort ease up soon, nobody needs that.

Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling better a lot of the time but the pain can still be bad. And as I am home now from today's procedure I know why. All but one ulcer have healed but the largest one is still there, shows a lesion in it and has been bleeding. ( now I know why I have a metallic taste most mornings). Another biopsy taken. With the pain I still have he is still leaning towards a form of Crohns but he also wants a few other tests first. So next week will be blood tests, a Hida Scan to make sure my gall bladder is emptying out ok and then an ultrasound and trays.

Of course I am coming off one yucky med and starting on another yucky one! But I feel it is an improvement over all. Just tired of being uncomfortable.

That's a lot to deal with. Hopefully the healing with continue.

What's on the trays, anything good?
Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:37 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That's a lot to deal with. Hopefully the healing with continue.

What's on the trays, anything good?
Not sure. They are covered with a huge X.
( I had propofol...I'm moon walking🙃
Old Nov 27th 2019, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it heals or doctors can find a way to ease your discomfort, always seems to be one pesky issue that is stubborn. Good to hear other ulcers have healed, that is certainly good.

I had propofol the last time I had a colonoscopy. It does make the memory go bye bye at least part, I remember the start of the procedure, and seeing part of my insides and the doctor saying my colon was spastic then nothing until recovery where I kept hearing a nurse reminding me to breathe and the oxygen monitor beeping, nurse had to remind me more than once to breathe, guess I was a little too relaxed on it.

Not sure. They are covered with a huge X.
( I had propofol...I'm moon walking🙃
Old Nov 27th 2019, 8:48 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

What a very naughty ulcer. Hopefully it will succumb to the new medication and you'll get some relief from the constant feeling of not being quite right.

Had a HIDA scan a few years back. I took my own Mars Bar in that I had bought from a British shop in Auckland, because I don't like the NZ version. Best medical test I've ever had. Not everyday that medics get you to eat something unhealthy to test the functioning of an organ
Old Nov 27th 2019, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
What a very naughty ulcer. Hopefully it will succumb to the new medication and you'll get some relief from the constant feeling of not being quite right.

Had a HIDA scan a few years back. I took my own Mars Bar in that I had bought from a British shop in Auckland, because I don't like the NZ version. Best medical test I've ever had. Not everyday that medics get you to eat something unhealthy to test the functioning of an organ
I wish they did it that way here! They push some nasty medicine into you by IV to stimulate your gall bladder into emptying. If it hurts then it's not working, if it doesn't hurt then they tell you that's not your problem! Mars Bar is a much better option!
Old Nov 27th 2019, 9:14 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear things have improved somewhat, sorry to hear you have more to go through, hope they work out the root cause quickly for you.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 9:15 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they did it that way here! They push some nasty medicine into you by IV to stimulate your gall bladder into emptying. If it hurts then it's not working, if it doesn't hurt then they tell you that's not your problem! Mars Bar is a much better option!
Well that's horrific . You poor thing.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 10:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post

Mars Bars seem to have all sorts of uses. The Little Lion reported the other day that his lecturer in Soils and Materials throws Mars Bars at people if they remember a formula correctly from memory. It's the most effective incentive he's ever had.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Nov 27th 2019 at 10:22 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 10:35 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Mars Bars seem to have all sorts of uses.
Allegedly........

Last edited by lizzyq; Nov 27th 2019 at 10:39 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post

Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:19 pm

It's been a while since that old story surfaced. 🙊
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a while since that old story surfaced. ������
I always remember her from the soundtrack of Montenegro, and as the music for a very bizarre art show we had in the 80's. This song is all about her being pissed at Mick.

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 28th 2019 at 12:21 am.
Old Nov 28th 2019, 8:29 am
Finally mesh free!

Just to clarify; I ATE my Mars Bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.