Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Nov 26th 2019, 2:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
And breathe...and
Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
SOS.
Thanks!
Old Nov 26th 2019, 2:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
The radiology doctor made me happy today, the lump I was worried about is a cyst The ultrasound did pick up a very small lump that the mammogram missed, he wants me to have a fine needle biopsy on that one tomorrow. Not at all bothered now, even if this one is something suss it's so small that it should be easy to deal with. A very relieved SOS tonight.
Excellent. You must be relieved.

My breast doctor did an ultrasound and said straight away it was a cyst. She asked if I wanted the biopsy to put my mind at rest.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 2:49 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

The radiology doctor made me happy today, the lump I was worried about is a cyst The ultrasound did pick up a very small lump that the mammogram missed, he wants me to have a fine needle biopsy on that one tomorrow. Not at all bothered now, even if this one is something suss it's so small that it should be easy to deal with. A very relieved SOS tonight.
Yay!

Another Kingfisher beckons, methinks.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 2:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Excellent. You must be relieved.

My breast doctor did an ultrasound and said straight away it was a cyst. She asked if I wanted the biopsy to put my mind at rest.
Ta JG. It's amazing to me how these professionals can tell the difference from an ultrasound, everything looks the same to me! The radiographer doing mine said it looked like a cyst to her but I was very relieved to here it from the doctor.

I'm glad your doctor offered you the biopsy, it settles any niggling doubt. I'll have mine aspirated if it gets too big, but as there was no doubt at all as to what it was I'm going to leave it for now. One needle is enough for one day (not that I'm a chicken or anything)
Old Nov 26th 2019, 2:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Yay!

Another Kingfisher beckons, methinks.
We're going out for a curry tomorrow night, so I think a couple of those will be on the table
Old Nov 26th 2019, 3:12 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!!!

See, I told you. Cooking sherry is a miracle substance.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 3:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ta JG. It's amazing to me how these professionals can tell the difference from an ultrasound, everything looks the same to me! The radiographer doing mine said it looked like a cyst to her but I was very relieved to here it from the doctor.

I'm glad your doctor offered you the biopsy, it settles any niggling doubt. I'll have mine aspirated if it gets too big, but as there was no doubt at all as to what it was I'm going to leave it for now. One needle is enough for one day (not that I'm a chicken or anything)
The doctor said she would do it there and then...so I thought why not? Had I had to make another appointment I may have had second thoughts. . Although it was nothing, no pain at all, but the needle gun thingy made quite a bang when it went in and grabbed the bit of raw chicken.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 3:25 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
The doctor said she would do it there and then...so I thought why not? Had I had to make another appointment I may have had second thoughts. . Although it was nothing, no pain at all, but the needle gun thingy made quite a bang when it went in and grabbed the bit of raw chicken.
Listen here, Ms Raw Chicken! I'll give you an update tomorrow on what my 'bit' looks like, that'll teach you

Your healthcare there sounds excellent, to get an ultrasound, diagnosis and biopsy all done at the same time.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Yes!!!

See, I told you. Cooking sherry is a miracle substance.
Dead right there, I'm ordering in a few magnums of it. That should cover all eventualities.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Listen here, Ms Raw Chicken! I'll give you an update tomorrow on what my 'bit' looks like, that'll teach you

Your healthcare there sounds excellent, to get an ultrasound, diagnosis and biopsy all done at the same time.
It was thanks to excellent US insurance. Called the breast doctor, got an appointment the next day and it was all sorted. Not sure what the treatment/wait time would be here in Canada.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 3:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

A very relieved SOS tonight.

We're going out for a curry tomorrow night, so I think a couple of those will be on the table
Make sure you don't run out of bog paper like Steve did.

Old Nov 26th 2019, 3:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Make sure you don't run out of bog paper like Steve did.
I'll have you know that curry doesn't affect me that way. Scouse, on the other hand....

Jeez, we need someone to bring up a nice, pleasant, easy to read bodily woe. Anyone got a rose stuck in their teeth lately?
Old Nov 26th 2019, 4:48 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, we need someone to bring up a nice, pleasant, easy to read bodily woe. Anyone got a rose stuck in their teeth lately?
I once got my teeth stuck in a Rose, but that'd be for a different thread.

G'wan then, just remember that you called it...

Spoiler:

Earwax, way too much of it. Deaf on one side, tinitus on both sides.

Haven't had a spell this bad for a good few years, but recently...

I'll be self-medicating.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Ultrasounds always look like a blob of nothing to me...guess it takes a certain eye, training and education to understand it all. Worst part about medical imaging is the waiting, usually takes a few days here for the radiologist to read the imaging, send the results back to the GP, unless its done in hospital then results are quick. The techs who do the imaging are not allowed to talk to you about what they see, signs on the walls and all, its against the regulatory body code of conduct apparently.

Usually takes 1-3 weeks to get an appointment for ultrasounds as well.

Medical care can be slow in my part of the world if its not an emergency, go to GP, GP runs tests, wait 1-2 weeks to see GP for results, hmmmm tests don't indicate anything, lets run different kind of test, come back in 2 weeks, I am on I think week 4 of this stomach issue, and several months for the knee issue, and now I have pain in a sensitive region that seems to be connected to the knee, press on it, and pain goes down into the leg and knee, weird as its not something you would expect to be connected but apparently something in there is........

I figure by January or February I will have a consult with a GI and probably another 1-2 months from there for whatever procedure the GI decides to do, unless symptoms get to a point an ER visit is needed.

But hey upside is dental care is very quick if you can afford it, they can consult, x-ray, and fix the issue all the same day usually........If only regular healthcare was as efficient as dentists.

Glad to hear you got a clean bill of health.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Nov 26th 2019 at 5:07 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 4:59 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I once got my teeth stuck in a Rose, but that'd be for a different thread.

G'wan then, just remember that you called it...

Spoiler:

Earwax, way too much of it. Deaf on one side, tinitus on both sides.

Haven't had a spell this bad for a good few years, but recently...

I'll be self-medicating.
After the first pluck you don't even feel it anymore. Still, poor Rose.

BB - earwax doesn't really meet the criteria of nice and pleasant Still, it's a bugger of a thing, get those ears syringed out immediately! I went almost deaf after a flight to Vietnam, so I went to an 'international clinic' in Ho Chi Minh city to have them syringed. A very short man in a very long white coat wheeled a trolley in, with all sorts of terrifying equipment on including a bloody huge rubber hose. I thought he was planning to get the wax out via the long route. Scouse couldn't stop laughing at the look on my face

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.