Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Old Nov 23rd 2021, 5:34 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken bodies and bio mechanics

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
I've had a Dr Ho machine for about 15 years, I don't use it often.
I could read that in one of two ways: either it works very well, or else it's crap.

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Nov 23rd 2021 at 7:08 pm. Reason: Attempting to clarify
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
I've had a Dr Ho machine for about 15 years, I don't use it often.

I tried my MIL's Dr. Ho machine I didn't enjoy the feeling.....I only used it at the instance of MIL to get her to stop pestering me about trying it, not sure such devices are really that useful for non-muscular back neck pain problems, but it got her to stop bothering me about trying it, this was a couple years ago.

She swears by it though.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 7:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I tried my MIL's Dr. Ho machine I didn't enjoy the feeling.....I only used it at the instance of MIL to get her to stop pestering me about trying it, not sure such devices are really that useful for non-muscular back neck pain problems, but it got her to stop bothering me about trying it, this was a couple years ago.

She swears by it though.
If you have any sort of nerve, joint pain, etc. it tends to make you over compensate, by leaning forward, to one side etc. This puts extra strain on muscles. Maybe the TENS helps with that. The physio my hubby went to recently and the one I used to go to, both used the TENS machines. All I know is it works for me.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 8:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My sis in law has malignant tumours in both lungs, she's 53. Surgeon etc are having a meeting today to work out what they can and can't do for her, they think the tumour in one of her lungs is inoperable. She's a strong woman and will KBO as best she can.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
My sis in law has malignant tumours in both lungs, she's 53. Surgeon etc are having a meeting today to work out what they can and can't do for her, they think the tumour in one of her lungs is inoperable. She's a strong woman and will KBO as best she can.

Oof. That's rough, must be a difficult time for you and Scouse.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Oof. That's rough, must be a difficult time for you and Scouse.
She's my brother's wife so they're here, that's something to be thankful for. It's just life, but it stinks!
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

She's my brother's wife so they're here, that's something to be thankful for. It's just life, but it stinks!
Yes it does stink…so young too.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Not that there's ever a right time, but that's far too young to be facing that sort of thing.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:55 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Rats, sorry to hear this. My dad contracted TB in a WWII POW camp, ended up having one lung removed.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 3:31 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

That is awful news and especially in someone so young. I hope her surgeons and doctors can come up with a good treatment plan. Cancer really sucks
Old Nov 25th 2021, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Who would think hernias would require so many doctors...ha ha

The surgeon I saw today, only does open surgery, and he feels laparoscopic would be better, but since he doesn't do laparoscopic surgeries, it's another refferal and another wait....

Old Nov 25th 2021, 8:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
That is awful news and especially in someone so young. I hope her surgeons and doctors can come up with a good treatment plan. Cancer really sucks
Yes it does suck and it takes many people too early…far too early.

How are you feeling now SM?
Old Nov 26th 2021, 12:46 am
**EX-MOD CHECKSUM**

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post

My former husband was 41 when he died from cancer.. it sucks indeed.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 5:16 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post

A lot better, thanks JG.

Blood tests are now every two weeks. I think it will take a while to get my hemoglobin and iron back to normal. On 9th December I have an ultrasound and then hopefully a reprieve until an endoscopy in January. Tired of being prodded and poked!

We were gifted an early Christmas present of 3 days in a beach house in Galveston so next Friday through Sunday I will get my relaxing beach and sea air break that I have wanted. I can't wait
Old Nov 27th 2021, 11:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
A lot better, thanks JG.

Blood tests are now every two weeks. I think it will take a while to get my hemoglobin and iron back to normal. On 9th December I have an ultrasound and then hopefully a reprieve until an endoscopy in January. Tired of being prodded and poked!

We were gifted an early Christmas present of 3 days in a beach house in Galveston so next Friday through Sunday I will get my relaxing beach and sea air break that I have wanted. I can't wait
Pleased to hear it.

The beach house sounds fab…I could do with something like that. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.