Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Old Nov 19th 2020, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

I started this book last night.
One pair of hands by monica dickens
A young women who did not have to work but chose to and become a domestic cook and maid in the 1930s.Let see how it goes.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Forgotten Soldier, for the umpteenth time!! The only book that is anyway a refection on how it was on the Russian front during the war.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Forgotten Soldier, for the umpteenth time!! The only book that is anyway a refection on how it was on the Russian front during the war.
I looked up the book by guy sajer.5 star ratings and i am very interested,but alas far to expensive for me at the moment.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Monica dickens****One pair of hands.A very well written book which is light reading which i found very interesting,with her going from household to household how she was treated and how she got on.Very pleased with the book.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Life Can Be Cruel: The Story of a German P.O.W. in Russia Life Can Be Cruel: The Story of a German P.O.W. in Russia
H. R. R. Furmanski
I bought this book for the story it is a short book 49p.This starts as young boy of 5 whose ended up fighting in the war from 1939 onwards and becoming a prisoner of the russians.i found this book to short but very interesting 5*****.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Life Can Be Cruel: The Story of a German P.O.W. in Russia
H. R. R. Furmanski
I bought this book for the story it is a short book 49p.This starts as young boy of 5 whose ended up fighting in the war from 1939 onwards and becoming a prisoner of the russians.i found this book to short but very interesting 5*****.
Just checked on Amazon for the book. They want over £17 for the paperback version plus postage!!! A bit steep I think!! There was also another book by an ex prisoner ' After Stalingrad' by Adelbert Toll. The revues for 'Life can be cruel' were not particularly good so I shall buy the 'After Stalingrad' book I think.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

I have just read this and all would say it was umh yes it was umh!!!
Romesh ranganathan***Straight outta crawley memories of a distinctly average human being.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I have started this book two nights ago and at the moment is quite interesting.
Lady in waiting my extraordinary life in the shadow of the crown.By Anne glenconner.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

The lady in waiting.I found this book interesting and learnt a little bit of history and her own story is very interesting too!
Old Dec 7th 2020, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

The Covent Garden Ladies: the book that inspired BBC2’s ‘Harlots’ The Covent Garden Ladies: the book that inspired BBC2’s ‘Harlots’
Hallie Rubenhold
I am finding this book a little bit undecided at the mo, it's going to be the bin or keep going really not sure ​​​​​​​
Old Dec 7th 2020, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Stalin : At The Court Of The Red Tsar" by Simon Sebag Montefiore. Doing this as an audiobook. Not my first exposure to the History of that period. Just as awful as it was when I first came across the horrors of how the revolution devoured its children.
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

The Covent Garden Ladies: the book that inspired BBC2’s ‘Harlots’
Hallie Rubenhold
I am finding this book a little bit undecided at the mo, it's going to be the bin or keep going really not sure
put this book in the bin ,i read nearly 50% and i don't know why. not a very good book at all.
A Day Like Today: Memoirs A Day Like Today: Memoirs
John Humphrys
This book is a lot better,i have read a few chapters i will let you know how it goes!
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I also had a good kindle book buying day yesterday i brought 8 books for under a tenner,very pleased with myself
Old Dec 17th 2020, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I also had a good kindle book buying day yesterday i brought 8 books for under a tenner,very pleased with myself
I thought i would share with you all
Spearhead: An American Tank Gunner, His Enemy and a Collision of Lives in World War II Spearhead: An American Tank Gunner, His Enemy and a Collision of Lives in World War II
Adam Makos
The Shipwreck Hunter: Mountbatten Award for Best Book The Shipwreck Hunter: Mountbatten Award for Best Book
David L. Mearns

Golden Boy: Kim Hughes and the bad old days of Australian cricket Golden Boy: Kim Hughes and the bad old days of Australian cricket
Christian Ryan

A Bridge Too Far: The true story of the Battle of Arnhem (Hodder Great Reads) A Bridge Too Far: The true story of the Battle of Arnhem (Hodder Great Reads)
Cornelius Ryan
Rebels: The Irish Rising of 1916 Rebels: The Irish Rising of 1916
Peter de Rosa

Surviving Hiroshima: A Young Woman's Story Surviving Hiroshima: A Young Woman's Story
Anthony Drago, Douglas Wellman
Argentine Fight for the Falklands (Pen & Sword Military Classics Book 21) Argentine Fight for the Falklands (Pen & Sword Military Classics Book 21)
Martin Middlebrook

The Three Kings The Three Kings
Leo Moynihan, Jonny Owen

The Saboteur of Auschwitz: The Inspiring True Story of a British Soldier Held Prisoner in Auschwitz The Saboteur of Auschwitz: The Inspiring True Story of a British Soldier Held Prisoner in Auschwitz
Colin Rushton
Old Dec 25th 2020, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

A Day Like Today: Memoirs A Day Like Today: Memoirs
John Humphrys
I finished this book quite interesting about his life, but very glad it was not longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.