Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Old Nov 19th 2020, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

I started this book last night.
One pair of hands by monica dickens
A young women who did not have to work but chose to and become a domestic cook and maid in the 1930s.Let see how it goes.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Forgotten Soldier, for the umpteenth time!! The only book that is anyway a refection on how it was on the Russian front during the war.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Book corner - What are you reading, and Why?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Forgotten Soldier, for the umpteenth time!! The only book that is anyway a refection on how it was on the Russian front during the war.
I looked up the book by guy sajer.5 star ratings and i am very interested,but alas far to expensive for me at the moment.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Monica dickens****One pair of hands.A very well written book which is light reading which i found very interesting,with her going from household to household how she was treated and how she got on.Very pleased with the book.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Life Can Be Cruel: The Story of a German P.O.W. in Russia Life Can Be Cruel: The Story of a German P.O.W. in Russia
H. R. R. Furmanski
I bought this book for the story it is a short book 49p.This starts as young boy of 5 whose ended up fighting in the war from 1939 onwards and becoming a prisoner of the russians.i found this book to short but very interesting 5*****.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Life Can Be Cruel: The Story of a German P.O.W. in Russia
H. R. R. Furmanski
I bought this book for the story it is a short book 49p.This starts as young boy of 5 whose ended up fighting in the war from 1939 onwards and becoming a prisoner of the russians.i found this book to short but very interesting 5*****.
Just checked on Amazon for the book. They want over £17 for the paperback version plus postage!!! A bit steep I think!! There was also another book by an ex prisoner ' After Stalingrad' by Adelbert Toll. The revues for 'Life can be cruel' were not particularly good so I shall buy the 'After Stalingrad' book I think.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

I have just read this and all would say it was umh yes it was umh!!!
Romesh ranganathan***Straight outta crawley memories of a distinctly average human being.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I have started this book two nights ago and at the moment is quite interesting.
Lady in waiting my extraordinary life in the shadow of the crown.By Anne glenconner.