Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

BFT - Season 3.

BFT - Season 3.

Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:54 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BFT - **SPOILER - OFFICIAL BE THREAD OF THE WORLD CUP**

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Easy now webbie. Its not that bad. All we need to do is ask Lee a quick question.

If Figo kicks Beckham and gets a yellow card for it, who is the fowl on?
"thats a foul on figo"

something else i noticed on espn coverage the last few days...notice the dramatic pauses after goals.. and all they say is "and they score!" or "they get it in the net!" you then have to wait 1-2 mins for a name.. they are scuffling thru their sheet for the correct name.

the guy on espn the other day actually yelled goal! when it had hit the side netting. i was watching the bbc clips of the england goals on youtube.. it was so nice to hear the name BEFORE the goal goes is... as in ... "cole picks it up.. crosses into GERRRRARDDDD!". i dont know if anyone has ever seen it but FSC has a show, i think its called fanzone. they give 2 fans microphones and have them commentate a game.. its brilliant...its like watching with your mates down the pub...

next world cup i'd like to setup something similar where i broadcast live commentary for a small expats audience...hopefully by then i wont totally sound like dave o'brien.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:20 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
"thats a foul on figo"

something else i noticed on espn coverage the last few days...notice the dramatic pauses after goals.. and all they say is "and they score!" or "they get it in the net!" you then have to wait 1-2 mins for a name.. they are scuffling thru their sheet for the correct name.

the guy on espn the other day actually yelled goal! when it had hit the side netting. i was watching the bbc clips of the england goals on youtube.. it was so nice to hear the name BEFORE the goal goes is... as in ... "cole picks it up.. crosses into GERRRRARDDDD!". i dont know if anyone has ever seen it but FSC has a show, i think its called fanzone. they give 2 fans microphones and have them commentate a game.. its brilliant...its like watching with your mates down the pub...

next world cup i'd like to setup something similar where i broadcast live commentary for a small expats audience...hopefully by then i wont totally sound like dave o'brien.
Maybe by that point you will have turned completely septic and won't care about the world cup? :scared:
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:24 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Another bad thing about ESPN's coverage is them commentating on the cynical side of the game. Many of the commentators actually encourage time wasting, professional fouls, getting another player yellow or better red carded, diving etc. etc. We all know it goes on but I can't imagine the BBC getting excited and encouraging these antics as being 'all part of the game' as ESPN do?!?!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:43 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody else on the East Coast getting fu kcing sick of this rain now ? Just turned torrential here again. Looks like a wet summer...
(We are spoilt now, in Blighty a half sunny day with a drop of rain was luxury to us)

Univision - a bit of a samba party in Germany before the game. But it's half-hearted now. Wish the Mexicano's could have stayed a bit longer. They deserved it after their performance the other day.

BRAZIL V GHANA then.
I have no idea how this will go. On the predictions we have:
Brazil v Ghana
3-0 27.7% [5]
3-1 16.6% [3]
4-0 16.6% [3]
4-2 11.1% [2]
2-0 11.1% [2]
2-1 11.1% [2]
1-0 5.5% [1]

4-2 chaps ? In the last four games the goals have dried up,only four scored. But I don't think there will be six in this one.
But you never know... we could see a history making event here or another card dealing game of shame.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

You could easily set that up, similar to Manc's radio station a while back. Then we could all watch the game on Univision and you could do the commentary - great idea, get it sorted.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
You could easily set that up, similar to Manc's radio station a while back.
The infamous Chav FM.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:56 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
The infamous Chav FM.
Tagline: "We belch, you listen"
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
Tagline: "We belch, you listen"
I was fu**ing half cut that night and no mistake.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:01 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
4-2 chaps ? In the last four games the goals have dried up,only four scored. But I don't think there will be six in this one.
But you never know... we could see a history making event here or another card dealing game of shame.
Just hoping for a good game.. last few have really been crapola.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:04 pm
@matthewb76

Just hoping for a good game.. last few have really been crapola.
1 mins: Ronaldo is through, but a terrible offside decision from thelinesman gives Ghana an early let-off. Ronaldo was well onside - even his belly was level.

made me chuckle
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:06 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

1-0 already from the hamburglar. This could be a real spanking for ghana.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

I have a question:

What's with thumb-sucking after goals? I thought I saw a Mexican guy do it the other day, and possibly a European guy?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:10 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

Originally Posted by Chessiet
I have a question:

What's with thumb-sucking after goals? I thought I saw a Mexican guy do it the other day, and possibly a European guy?
Its a shout out to their new born kids. I think its was Garcia who kicked it all off.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:11 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

Predicition : Ghana to end this game with 9 men.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

Predicition : Ghana to end this game with 9 men.
I wish I wasn't at work

Reading the play-by-play on MatchCast isn't quite the same thing. I hope Ghana at least puts up a brave showing for the game, although we can assume Brazil will make mincemeat out of them. They should be proud to have gotten this far, and in 2010 I'll bet they're even better. They have a fairly young team.

Someone on MatchCast was calling it "their hack n slash technique that worked quite well against the US, but won't against the deft touch of Brazil".

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.