Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

BE's 2011 Christmas Cheer

BE's 2011 Christmas Cheer

Old Nov 28th 2011, 12:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE's 2011 Christmas Cheer

A few years ago Ray suggested that at Christmas we get together and send a little Christmas Cheer to a needy person or organisation. Last year the recipient was one of our own members in need...this year we would like to do similar for the children of Westfalia Orphanage in Peru. This is an organisation brought to our attention by Dakota44. This thread gives you a little background on the organisation. There are 90+ children living at the orphanage...there is no government funding...they rely solely on donations.

It would be nice if we could send Christmas cards to the children and perhaps those that can could make a small donation to the orphanage. When I get an address to send cards to I will post it in this thread. Donations can be made here.

Thank you.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE's 2011 Christmas Cheer

Please mail Christmas Cards/care packages to:

Asociacion Peruana "Westfalia Kinderdorf" Aldea Infantil
R.U.C. 20138079148 (This is to show Peruvian customs authorities the orphanage if registered with the government)

Westfalia Kinderdorf
Calle Cineraria Mz D, Lt 14
Urbanizacion Villa libertad
Monterrico - Surco.
Lima, Peru

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 29th 2011 at 8:16 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The donations are steadily climbing.

http://westfaliaorphanage.chipin.com...alia-orphanage
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:41 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
The donations are steadily climbing.

Well thats good to know Jerseygirl. I am so happy for dakota44. He has done a lot of great work for those kids and I am so happy that they are getting the money that they need. If I have any money before Christmas I may make a small donation. It is the lest that I can do for the Kids at the orphanage. Have a great holiday season everyone.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005 View Post
Well thats good to know Jerseygirl. I am so happy for dakota44. He has done a lot of great work for those kids and I am so happy that they are getting the money that they need. If I have any money before Christmas I may make a small donation. It is the lest that I can do for the Kids at the orphanage. Have a great holiday season everyone.
Any amount helps...any amount is not too small when you consider approx $1.50 feeds one child per day. So if you can afford $1.50...it is very much appreciated.

Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:51 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Any amount helps...any amount is not too small when you consider approx $1.50 feeds one child per day. So if you can afford $1.50...it is very much appreciated.

I will donate in a few days then. I promise.
Like you said every little bit helps so count me in.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:36 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Come on people send some money.

Just think, one less bottle of Eggnog for you means a ninja death-star to some Peruvian kid.

One less case of reassuringly expensive Stella Artois for you means a mobile phone converted in to a taser for a poor orphan.

Send the money you were saving for this months edition of 'Love Me In Leather' and some poor little mite will be able to buy half an ounce of decent Acapulco Gold.

Come on, you know it makes sense.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Call me AL View Post

Just think, one less bottle of Eggnog for you means a ninja death-star to some Peruvian kid.

One less case of reassuringly expensive Stella Artois for you means a mobile phone converted in to a taser for a poor orphan.

Send the money you were saving for this months edition of 'Love Me In Leather' and some poor little mite will be able to buy half an ounce of decent Acapulco Gold.

Al...why am I seeing the pics that I thought were private between you and I...in such forums as 'I'm getting stuffed for Christmas' and 'Bend Over Father Christmas is coming'?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:16 am
Too young for BE

This should be a PSA. Now go donate some money people. I know that you all want to. I will in a few days

Al...why am I seeing the pics that I thought were private between you and I...in such forums as 'I'm getting stuffed for Christmas' and 'Bend Over Father Christmas is coming'?
Seriously I like you Jerseygirl. You are so funny sometimes.

Last edited by KetteringEnglandRocks2005; Nov 30th 2011 at 5:50 am. Reason: Miss spilled seriously
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005 View Post

Searly I like you Jerseygirl. You are so funny sometimes.
Oh bugger...I thought I was PMing Al...instead I seem to have posted my message. Sssshhh don't tell anyone.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:56 am
Too young for BE

Oh bugger...I thought I was PMing Al...instead I seem to have posted my message. Sssshhh don't tell anyone.
Oh OK. Jerseygirl Get back to work.
OK I will not tell anyone

Last edited by KetteringEnglandRocks2005; Nov 30th 2011 at 7:05 am.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:59 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

You're going to make someone jealous.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:44 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

You're going to make someone jealous.
We have an open relationship.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:00 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
We have an open relationship.
Open to ridicule.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:05 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Open to ridicule.
Open all hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.